What did Jesus look like ?

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Have ya seen the portraits of the sandy haired blue eyed Jesus ? I wonder what made the west think he looked like that. In the movies you have Max Von Sydow and Jeffrey Hunter playing the title role. Both with brown hair and blue eyes. Mel Gibson in his movie The Passion Of Christ , cast a jesus that was probably the closest to realty so far. But considering where he was from I would imagine a dark skinned, black haired , brown eyed middle eastern person like Yassir Arafat or a dark skinned Jim Croce. You know the older you get the more you realize that not very many things are what they seem to be. Mankind has built into his nature the practices of embellishment and outright fabrication. Why? Because we are attention *****s. At any rate I think this Jesus was a plain looking man of his day. What was special about him were his teachings.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
He looks like you want him to look.

To me, he looks like this because I don't believe he would not want to look unkempt, swarthy and smell of camel urine. But that's me. And he'd have nice feet. Not calloused and dirty.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Actually the image many modern Christians have of Christ is based on a work of art by Albrecht Durer who was so vain he modeled Christ on himself.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
These theories usually also include the reasoning that Jesus was Aryan because Galilee was supposedly a non-Jewish region speaking an unknown Indo-European language, but this has not gained scholarly acceptance (in fact, Galilee had a significant non-Jewish minority, but these spoke various local Semitic languages)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_appearance_of_Jesus

jesus could have looked like any one/any color, but some people don't really do actual history do they?
so they tend to dictate

'ts a lefty thing I guess
;)

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Jesus had pale skin (kinda unusual for somebody that spends a lot of time outdoors in the desert, but hey, he was magical!), blondish brown hair, and blue eyes. He was always clean, even after 40 days alone in the desert (see aforementioned magic!) and wore a spotless white robe with some kinda brown thing draped around it.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015

clinton is the darker one

like I said leftii types don't really check facts
;)

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Jesus had pale skin (kinda unusual for somebody that spends a lot of time outdoors in the desert, but hey, he was magical!), blondish brown hair, and blue eyes. He was always clean, even after 40 days alone in the desert (see aforementioned magic!) and wore a spotless white robe with some kinda brown thing draped around it.

He carried a carbine under his robe, too.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
Don't be ridiculous. Jesus carried Colt .45. It's in the bible: "Blessed are the Peacemakers."

And he spoke English.

He spoke English with an Oxford accent and wrote the Authorised Version of the Bible himself. What a mastery of the English language he had indeed!

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
Have ya seen the portraits of the sandy haired blue eyed Jesus ? I wonder what made the west think he looked like that. In the movies you have Max Von Sydow and Jeffrey Hunter playing the title role. Both with brown hair and blue eyes. Mel Gibson in his movie The Passion Of Christ , cast a jesus that was probably the closest to realty so far. But considering where he was from I would imagine a dark skinned, black haired , brown eyed middle eastern person like Yassir Arafat or a dark skinned Jim Croce. You know the older you get the more you realize that not very many things are what they seem to be. Mankind has built into his nature the practices of embellishment and outright fabrication. Why? Because we are attention *****s. At any rate I think this Jesus was a plain looking man of his day. What was special about him were his teachings.

"He grew up before him like a tender shoot,
and like a root out of dry ground.
He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,
nothing in his appearance that we should desire him." (Isaiah 53:2 NIV)

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
"He grew up before him like a tender shoot,
and like a root out of dry ground.
He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,
nothing in his appearance that we should desire him." (Isaiah 53:2 NIV)
Written before Jesus was born, therefore obviously a first-hand account of personal observation.

If y'all have faith, that is.