Happy Killing of Captain Cook Day!


Cliffy
#1


On February 14, 1779 Captain James Cook of the british royal navy was killed by natives in Kealakekua Bay, on the Big Island of Hawaii. Cook was a true savage, who sailed across the world bringing murder, rape, disease, and colonialism to native peoples all over the Pacific. When he was killed, Cook was trying to kidnap the Hawaiian Aliʻi (tribal chief) Kalaniʻōpuʻu in response to an unknown person stealing a small boat. In the process, he had threatened to open fire on the islanders.

At this point, the Hawaiians decided they had enough of Cook’s bull****, threatened with mass murder and the kidnapping of one of their tribal leaders, the Hawaiian islanders finally gave this piece of **** what he deserved: a beatdown on the beach, and a knife to the chest. This put an end to a lifetime of predatory behavior and conquest of lands in the service to the british empire.

So how about instead of celebrating a boring consumerist holiday like Valentine’s Day, we celebrate something awesome, like the death of Captain Cook … - James Connolly
 
gopher
+2
#2  Top Rated Post
Cook was cooked!

RIP = rest in pieces
 
JLM
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post



On February 14, 1779 Captain James Cook of the british royal navy was killed by natives in Kealakekua Bay, on the Big Island of Hawaii. Cook was a true savage, who sailed across the world bringing murder, rape, disease, and colonialism to native peoples all over the Pacific. When he was killed, Cook was trying to kidnap the Hawaiian Aliʻi (tribal chief) Kalaniʻōpuʻu in response to an unknown person stealing a small boat. In the process, he had threatened to open fire on the islanders.

At this point, the Hawaiians decided they had enough of Cook’s bull****, threatened with mass murder and the kidnapping of one of their tribal leaders, the Hawaiian islanders finally gave this piece of **** what he deserved: a beatdown on the beach, and a knife to the chest. This put an end to a lifetime of predatory behavior and conquest of lands in the service to the british empire.

So how about instead of celebrating a boring consumerist holiday like Valentine’s Day, we celebrate something awesome, like the death of Captain Cook … - James Connolly


I'm all for it...........................IF he was guilty beyond reasonable doubt. First I heard he was a reprobate.
 
Johnnny
#4
If memory serves me right they also got Magellan in the Philippines...
 
Cliffy
+2
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

I'm all for it...........................IF he was guilty beyond reasonable doubt. First I heard he was a reprobate.

The entire British royalty and all those who served in the chain of command of the Empire were barbaric reprobates. White supremacist douchbags and murdering scum the whole lot of them. And I'm a descendant of this herd of scoundrels. I'm not impressed.
And Blackhead... Bite Me you little twerp.
 
Curious Cdn
+2
#6
Hmmm long pig. Good barbeque with a side dish of poi.
 
Danbones
#7
trump did not invent selective boarder control
it has a legal precedence - common sense since forever

of course, the US annexed hawaii in a similar manner, so it isn't just the Brits that spread democracy through dictatorship
 
Cliffy
+2
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious CdnView Post

Hmmm long pig. Good barbeque with a side dish of poi.

I doubt Cook was good eating. The Brits had yet to adapt the habit of bathing.
 
taxslave
#9
More altleft history.
 
Cannuck
#10
I placed the flag at my house at half-staff today in honor of Cook.
 
Cliffy
#11
Who thinks this should be an international holiday?
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
#12
I honestly don't give a fruck. He's dead. Long before my time. But if it means a day of work I will support it 100%.
 
Curious Cdn
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

I doubt Cook was good eating. The Brits had yet to adapt the habit of bathing.

Did they get around to it, eventually?
 
Blackleaf
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post



On February 14, 1779 Captain James Cook of the british royal navy was killed by natives in Kealakekua Bay, on the Big Island of Hawaii. Cook was a true savage, who sailed across the world bringing murder, rape, disease, and colonialism to native peoples all over the Pacific. When he was killed, Cook was trying to kidnap the Hawaiian Aliʻi (tribal chief) Kalaniʻōpuʻu in response to an unknown person stealing a small boat. In the process, he had threatened to open fire on the islanders.

At this point, the Hawaiians decided they had enough of Cook’s bull****, threatened with mass murder and the kidnapping of one of their tribal leaders, the Hawaiian islanders finally gave this piece of **** what he deserved: a beatdown on the beach, and a knife to the chest. This put an end to a lifetime of predatory behavior and conquest of lands in the service to the british empire.

So how about instead of celebrating a boring consumerist holiday like Valentine’s Day, we celebrate something awesome, like the death of Captain Cook … - James Connolly

And yet it was okay for the Americans to annex the former sovereign state of Hawaii and turn it into an American state?
 
Curious Cdn
+1
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

And yet it was okay for the Americans to annex the former sovereign state of Hawaii and turn it into an American state?

Sort of reminds you of the annexation of Wales, Scotland and Ireland, don't it?
 
Blackleaf
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious CdnView Post

Sort of reminds you of the annexation of Wales, Scotland and Ireland, don't it?

England's Norman rulers annexed Ireland, and Scotland joined in a Union with England voluntarily because it was skint and wanted access to the burgeoning, wealth-creating English Empire.

Wales and England have never been apart politically. They've been together ever since both came into being.

As for Cook, he has rightly gone down in history as a British hero. He achieved the first recorded European contact with the eastern coastline of Australia and the Hawaiian Islands, and the first recorded circumnavigation of New Zealand. Whilst seeing action in the Seven Years' War (in which the British were protecting you lot from the dastardly French) he mapped and surveyed much of the Saint Lawrence River. In three voyages Cook sailed thousands of miles across largely uncharted areas of the globe. He mapped lands from New Zealand to Hawaii in the Pacific Ocean in greater detail and on a scale not previously achieved. As he progressed on his voyages of discovery he surveyed and named features, and recorded islands and coastlines on European maps for the first time. He displayed a combination of seamanship, superior surveying and cartographic skills, physical courage and an ability to lead men in adverse conditions. A British hero.

 
Ludlow
#17
That was a long time ago who cares?
 
Blackleaf
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by LudlowView Post

That was a long time ago who cares?

History does tend to happen long ago (although, to us Brits, the 18th Century isn't that long ago).
 
Curious Cdn
+2
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

History does tend to happen long ago (although, to us Brits, the 18th Century isn't that long ago).

It also tends to repeat. We never feckin' learn.
 
Cliffy
+1
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

And yet it was okay for the Americans to annex the former sovereign state of Hawaii and turn it into an American state?

Who ever said that? The Hawaiians would like very much for the Yanks to go home.

Every British scum bag that brought death and destruction to the indigenous peoples of the world is a hero to you Blackhead. Britain is a cancerous growth on the azzhole of the world.
 
petros
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Who ever said that? The Hawaiians would like very much for the Yanks to go home.

Every British scum bag that brought death and destruction to the indigenous peoples of the world is a hero to you Blackhead. Britain is a cancerous growth on the azzhole of the world.

Are the Cree heroes for enslaving the Dene?
 
Curious Cdn
#22
The Iroquois Confederacy wiped out the Huron almost completely.
 
Cliffy
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious CdnView Post

The Iroquois Confederacy wiped out the Huron almost completely.

That only happened after the British supplied the Iroquois with the means to do so because the Huron were affiliated with the French.
 
Curious Cdn
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

That only happened after the British supplied the Iroquois with the means to do so because the Huron were affiliated with the French.

I don't think that they were pre-Columbian friends. The French and English exploited already bad feelings.
 
Cliffy
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious CdnView Post

I don't think that they were pre-Columbian friends. The French and English exploited already bad feelings.

Settler colonization did not really begin until almost a hundred years after Columbus. By that time almost 90% of the population of the Americas were wiped out by diseases brought by the Spanish. Most tribes were engaged in some form of agriculture but by the time settlers arrived, most had returned to hunting and gathering because their numbers were so depleted that they could not continue with their agricultural life styles. Colonization forced groups to move away from the barbaric settlers and that precipitated most conflicts. Not saying there were none before. Agricultural societies tend to grow faster in population because of the steady food supply and the need to expand their territory becomes a necessity. That is why I blame agriculture on all wars and conflicts since the time humans began the practice. Once there was balance on the planet and with the advent of agriculture, and thus civilization, war became the game of the day. Humans have become a blight on the Earth because they are out of sync with nature.
Last edited by Cliffy; Feb 18th, 2017 at 01:32 PM..
 
Blackleaf
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Who ever said that? The Hawaiians would like very much for the Yanks to go home.

Every British scum bag that brought death and destruction to the indigenous peoples of the world is a hero to you Blackhead. Britain is a cancerous growth on the azzhole of the world.

 

Similar Threads

2
A Cook Abroad
by Blackleaf | Feb 4th, 2015
1
Wreck of Captain Cook's Endeavour found.
by Blackleaf | May 24th, 2006
no new posts