Moving Abu Simbel

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
back when we were doing some pretty extraordinary sh!t.

[youtube]HCDQikYVnCA[/youtube]

Moving Abu Simbel - National Geographic

Abu Simbel – Unparalleled relocation project - Atlas Copco History between 1873 and 2013

The World Saves Abu Simbel | World heritage - UNESCO Multimedia Archives

https://dilemma-x.net/2015/04/13/fashback-the-relocation-of-egypts-abu-simbel-temples/

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I once saw a whole documentary on this. They could it up into pieces, moved all the pieces to a location nearby, and then reassembled them again like a giant jigsaw puzzle.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
The greater project resulted in the creation of Lake Nasser which led directly to the Camp David Peace Accord between Israel and Egypt. You see, Lake Nasser is really the Sword of Damoclese and it dangles over Egypt. One well aimed conventional bunker buster bomb in the Aswan Dam sends a tsunami a hundred or two feet high all the way down the Nile Valley, all through the delta to the Sea. 85% of Egypt's population live within it's path Cairo, with it's 9 million population will be washed away. The Israelis couldn't do that much damage with nukes. Lake Nasser has to be one of the biggest forehead slaps in human history.

Ungern

Aug 21, 2016
Tournai
The Dam of Assouan is also catastrophic for Egypt

a) the dam is each year more full of sediments,
b) the sediments were most profitable for the agricultural sector,
c) the reduction of the sediments allow the destruction of the Delta of the Nil a big zone of agriculture .

Sorry for my english... i do my best ...