DashCam Ride Through Victoria, British Columbia

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Funny, I thought that BC was a bit more up-to-date than that.

...must be all of that dope.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Couldn't g00gle street view give you a decent view of a place. They do need a 'tour' button that lets you define the start and stop locations and how big a file you want and then you can go back and forth through it at something faster than silent film standards. Let me plug that into my GTA type of games and I might be tempted to apply for a membership that allows me to do that for a lot of locations and some 'private competitions'.

No such thing here.

I love the slo-mo vids they are truly hilarious.
Step on the brakes and you actually pick-up speed. A guy from AB could be driving downhill, stop, reverse it into a perfect parallel park, and the BC driver in front of him is like a pin ball for the points it is racking up. Not too many places have snow that turns to ice as soon as it is compacted.
Should sell some short chains and some rope as an emergency ice aid. Cut the knot off when you are safe again and a new piece of rope is less that $1. For the 'expensive cars' some stamped stainless steel bands would get rid of the bumps that come with chains, especially if it is not a full set on the tires. (1 wrap will get you unstuck and moving in most cases, numerous wraps will let you break trail. Alberta doesn't have the hills or the wet snow but we have people who delay winter radial a snowstorm too long. They usually leave the highway at 100kph.

An old Victoria 3D would make an interesting game of monopoly based on Victoria 100 years ago. (or 'Who done it.' Sherlock type of game.