Particles could reveal clues to how Egypt pyramid was built

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Particles could reveal clues to how Egypt pyramid was built
Maram Mazen, THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
First posted: Sunday, January 17, 2016 08:25 AM EST | Updated: Sunday, January 17, 2016 08:36 AM EST
CAIRO -- An international team of researchers will soon begin analyzing cosmic particles collected inside Egypt's Bent Pyramid to search for clues as to how it was built.
Mehdi Tayoubi, president of the Heritage Innovation Preservation Institute, said Sunday that plates planted inside the pyramid last month have collected data on radiographic particles known as muons that rain down from the earth's atmosphere.
The particles pass through empty spaces but can be absorbed or deflected by harder surfaces. By studying particle accumulations, scientists may learn more about the construction of the 4,600-year-old pyramid, built by the Pharaoh Snefru.
The Bent Pyramid in Dahshur, just outside of Cairo, is distinguished by the bent slope of its sides. It is believed to have been ancient Egypt's first attempt to build a smooth-sided pyramid.
Particles could reveal clues to how Egypt pyramid was built | World | News | Tor

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Interesting. My mum bought me a second-hand book for £2 from the charity shop the other day about the construction of the pyramids at Giza.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
oo bad she doesn't know how to subdue you immensely inflated ego.

I don't have an inflated ego. I just believe I'm the Special One.

By the way, I'm soon to do an IQ test. I reckon it'd be around the same as Einstein's and Hawking's (both 160). I'll post the result here as soon as I have it.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Typical momma's boy

Well, not really.

If it wasn't for my mum I would probably have gone to the local Hayward Secondary School which is full of Muslims and therefore is a Third World cesspit and one of the worst-performaning schools in Bolton.

Instead, she wisely sent me to the mainly white Little Lever Secondary School which is one of the best-performing schools in Bolton and was therefore absolutely perfect for my immense intellect.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Well, not really.

If it wasn't for my mum I would probably have gone to the local Hayward Secondary School which is full of Muslims and therefore is a Third World cesspit and one of the worst-performaning schools in Bolton.

Instead, she wisely sent me to the mainly white Little Lever Secondary School which is one of the best-performing schools in Bolton and was therefore absolutely perfect for my immense intellect.

So, when do you graduate?

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
so, when do you graduate?

Here's a picture of my old secondary school - Little Lever - from 2001. It's one of the best schools in Bolton as it isn't full of Pakis, unlike Hayward School just half-a-mile or so from where I live. That place is a hole.

It was also good because my grandparents lived just across the road from Little Lever School. My nan, who's still alive, still does. So I often used to nip to their house straight after school for some of my nan's rabbit pie.

Last edited:

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars

Here's a picture of my old secondary school - Little Lever - from 2001. It's one of the best schools in Bolton as it isn't full of Pakis, unlike Hayward School just half-a-mile or so from where I live. That place is a hole.

It was also good because my grandparents lived just across the road from Little Lever School. My nan, who's still alive, still does. So I often used to nip to their house straight after school for some of my nan's rabbit pie.

Where do they park the short buses at?