Do Mass Killings Bother You?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Do Mass Killings Bother You?

Posted on December 3, 2015 by DavidSwanson
We now know this. A young man who had successfully killed on a large scale went to his religious leader with doubts and was told that mass killing was part of God’s plan. The young man continued killing until he had participated in killing sprees that took 1,626 lives — men, women, and children.
I repeat: his death count was not the 16 or 9 or 22 lives that make top news stories, but 1,626 dead and mutilated bodies.
Do such things bother you?
What if you learned that this young man’s name was Brandon Bryant, and that he killed as a drone pilot for the U.S. Air Force, and that he was presented with a certificate for his 1,626 kills and congratulated on a job well done by the United States of America? What if you learned that his religious leader was a Christian chaplain?
Do such things still bother you?
What if you learned that most of the people killed by U.S. drones are civilians? That the pilots “double-tap,” meaning that they send a missile into a wedding party or a house and then wait for people to try to help the injured and send a second missile into them? That as a result one hears the injured screaming for hours until they die, as no one comes to help? That a drone pilot sent a missile into a group of children from which three children survived who recognized their dead brothers but had no idea that various pieces of flesh were what was left of their Mom and Dad and consequently cried out for those now gone-forever individuals?
⇒ Keep Reading

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
What a surprise, people don't care about premium terrorism it seems. Maybe when they colaterally take out yer daughter or yer granny snuffing the black SUV two cars over from you in the Wal-Mart parkin lot eh, maybe not, go back to sleep.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
"Does Killing Bother You?" (I fixed it for you)
Yes, if it is not for survival.

I kind of like okra, especially in stew or soup.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
They are becoming part of the general cultural background, really no more evil than the Cosa Nostra or the Hell's Angels. It's all the same sort of Americana.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
The survival of the west depends on killing many innocent people.

It was always thus, DB. I get your point about the drone kills. Watched a couple of pretty sickening documentaries about the use of drones. It is such an impersonal way of killing. No wonder some of the 'pilots' lose it.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
It was always thus, DB. I get your point about the drone kills. Watched a couple of pretty sickening documentaries about the use of drones. It is such an impersonal way of killing. No wonder some of the 'pilots' lose it.
People that dropped bombs from high-flying planes had troubles as well once it sunk in what they had done. Not facing an enemy while killing them simply delays reaction in healthy people.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
People that dropped bombs from high-flying planes had troubles as well once it sunk in what they had done. Not facing an enemy while killing them simply delays reaction in healthy people.

For some perhaps.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Are you two related?