darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
»
^
Oct 18 10:44

Was Kingdom of David really in Arabia?

Not all the action in the Old Testament took place in Palestine after all. It really happened in the fertile coastal hills of western Arabia. Or so claims Prof. Kamal Salibi, whose yet-to-be published book on the subject has already sparked a raging controversy.
Mr. Salibi, a distinguished professor of history at American University in Beirut, writes that the kingdoms of David and Solomon were established in what are now the Saudi provinces of Asir and the southern Hijaz. He says it is there, and not in Palestine, that the origins of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam should be sought.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Meh. Stuff happens. That is the point. Where stuff happens matters, too, but not as much.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I looked at the title and thought........
Another damned Bible or quran thumping post by selfsame or or frenchie.....

Sorry dark rodent

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
The list of kings also shows a pattern of what were successful rules and 'others'. A rise and fall of the same king is not a singular event, if the qualities were applied to nations rather than individuals the pattern could be applied to NT Nations and Empires rather than individual nations.
By the 3rd generation of the same family running things the train started coming off the tracks because of that factor alone.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
The list of kings also shows a pattern of what were successful rules and 'others'. A rise and fall of the same king is not a singular event, if the qualities were applied to nations rather than individuals the pattern could be applied to NT Nations and Empires rather than individual nations.
By the 3rd generation of the same family running things the train started coming off the tracks because of that factor alone.
my suggestion for you. Three or four cold beers, a bowl of salted in the shell peanuts and a game or two of nine ball. No thinking required other than position for your next shot.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
Not all the action in the Old Testament took place in Palestine after all. It really happened in the fertile coastal hills of western Arabia. Or so claims Prof. Kamal Salibi

Abraham emigrated from Iraq to the Land of Canaan: which is Jordan.
When Moses ordered his people to conquer the Holy Land which God ordained them that they would enter it: it was Jericho. And that was according to a command of God to conquer the idolaters or heathens of Jericho.
But they rebelled and refused to fight in God's way against the idolaters.

(Of course Zionists have now come to Palestine, without any command of God, to fight against Muslims who worship God alone, and Muslims are not heathen or idolaters.)

Then wars continued against the heathen or idolaters of Palestine, so Joshua, then Saul, then David then Solomon ... all of them struggled to help God's religion.

In the time of Solomon, the golden age, the state spread all over Palestine and had good relations with the surrounding regions, like Lebanon when Solomon made a deal with the king of Lebanon to buy from him the wood for constructing the House of God at Jerusalem,

and like the kingdom of Sheba in Yemen, ruled by Queen Balquies.

But Mecca in Saudia Arabia and the surrounding regions, there is no indication about anything touched it; specially they were at that time inhabited and ruled by Ishmael's sons and descendants who worshiped God alone without associate, according to the religion of their grandfather Prophet Abraham: that is when the idolatry did not come yet to Mecca, and that was before Mohammed by more than thousand of years.

By the way, Moses married his wife out of the Arab of Midian in Sinai, that was when he fled Pharaoh and went to Midian, and he had two sons from his Arabian wife. The father of this woman, his father in law as called by the English, was a righteous man, following the creed of Abraham, and the Midianites used to perform the pilgrimage to Mecca.

Another point about Mr Salibi: Salibi lit. in Arabic means the Crusade. ;-)

==========================================================
This is in the Quran about the Queen of Sheba
{27: 43. Then [Solomon] diverted [and prevented] her from worshipping [the sun g] that she worshipped apart from God; she was [one] of a people of disbelievers.}
g So she refrained [from her idolatry] and changed her doctrine.

Then she said after she converted and submitted to God's religion (lit. became a Muslim together with Solomon):

{27: 44. She said: "My Lord, I have wronged myself [by worshipping the sun], but [now] I submit myself, together with Solomon, to God the Lord of the worlds." h}
h Then she returned to her country.

The interpretation is by Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly.

Therefore, she returned to her country, as the queen of that country, and it seems that Solomon only had dominion on that country, but not occupation.

Last edited:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
This is in the Quran about the Queen of Sheba
{27: 43. Then [Solomon] diverted [and prevented] her from worshipping [the sun g] that she worshipped apart from God; she was [one] of a people of disbelievers.}
g So she refrained [from her idolatry] and changed her doctrine.

Then she said after she converted and submitted to God's religion (lit. became a Muslim together with Solomon):

{27: 44. She said: "My Lord, I have wronged myself [by worshipping the sun], but [now] I submit myself, together with Solomon, to God the Lord of the worlds." h}
h Then she returned to her country.

The interpretation is by Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly.

Therefore, she returned to her country, as the queen of that country, and it seems that Solomon only had dominion on that country, but not occupation.
You just get sillier and sillier. The Muslim religion didn't exist at that time. It was close to a thousand years later that Mohammad was born. That is even a bigger lie that you told than the BS about the Earth stopping on its axis rotation. You have no credibility left.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
through out history
what if jims bakker and jones was the norm?

what if the striking lack of corroborating evidence was because NONE of this ever happened?

"Get your solid pewter statuette of David killing GoLIEth today!
for a onetime Donation of 79.95;
and Look it even comes in its own GENUINE cardboard box! " - Jimmy Bakker,
from an episode of his tv show a few years before being busted for tax evasion

@Cliffy
edit here's a beaut:
"Brzezinski sent by way of USAID, the CIA’s public alter ego, millions of corrupted Korans and textbooks filled with militant Islamic teachings and violent images to schools of Afghan children in orphanages and refugee camps, in order to hatch jihadist fanatics.

Many of the later generation of the Afghan Taliban were orphans from the war, raised and schooled with these corrupted Korans.

The Jew Ileana Ros-Lehtinen knew (and didn’t disapprove) of these corrupted texts when she testified at a congressional hearing."
http://www.realjewnews.com/?p=1070
of course thats from a webpage, the "Real Jew News"
a christian site

Last edited:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
my suggestion for you. Three or four cold beers, a bowl of salted in the shell peanuts and a game or two of nine ball. No thinking required other than position for your next shot.
It's either something along that line or they were hillbillies when it came to relationship skills There are supposed to be 10 men that receive kingdoms, their traits might be described in the failed kings of the OT.

My hearing in a bar/poolhall would be really messed up in a large room with many sources of 'noise'. I'll trade the bowl of nuts for a bowl of product that let's me see dotted lines on the table that move with the cue being moved. Insert motion into cue at appropriate moment. BINGO

through out history
what if jims bakker and jones was the norm?

what if the striking lack of corroborating evidence was because NONE of this ever happened?
Most lies tend to have a lack of fine details, the Bible covers some boring topics in the same level of detail as it does for the exciting parts.

That would only show you can fool some of the people some of the time. How much evidence would a perfect being leave behind during a time that reading a book is the way a person develops 'faith' rather than holding some physical artifact. Some stories like the parting of the water in the exodus event makes for a story that is quite possible literally if you take the words and read them while looking at a map of the area. One read would have them crossing the Bittern Lakes right where it flares into the bigger portion.

@Cliffy
edit here's a beaut:
"Brzezinski sent by way of USAID, the CIA’s public alter ego, millions of corrupted Korans and textbooks filled with militant Islamic teachings and violent images to schools of Afghan children in orphanages and refugee camps, in order to hatch jihadist fanatics.
Probably taken in the RCC Residential Schools in the Americas.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
You just get sillier and sillier. The Muslim religion didn't exist at that time. It was close to a thousand years later that Mohammad was born. That is even a bigger lie that you told than the BS about the Earth stopping on its axis rotation. You have no credibility left.

All prophets and apostles were submissive to God, and they followed God's religion of the 'exclusive devotion to God alone'.
The same was for Mohammed and Muslims: they follow the 'exclusive devotion to God alone' and they are submissive to God; and this is the literal meaning of the word Muslim and Islam.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
All prophets and apostles were submissive to God, and they followed God's religion of the 'exclusive devotion to God alone'.
The same was for Mohammed and Muslims: they follow the 'exclusive devotion to God alone' and they are submissive to God; and this is the literal meaning of the word Muslim and Islam.

It sure looks as if you all follow an exclusive devotion to Satan. "Muslim" and "Islam" literally mean "evil barbarians".

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Yes all very interesting comments but I think I'll wait for the book to be published in English and read it myself. Note that I'm already convinced of it's political incorrectness which means it's probably a good read. Israel never existed physically and never can exist physically because it is a state of enlightenment, lucky 7.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
It sure looks as if you all follow an exclusive devotion to Satan. "Muslim" and "Islam" literally mean "evil barbarians".

Ee, it is clearly obvious from the pork that you are eating.

One read would have them crossing the Bittern Lakes right where it flares into the bigger portion.

It could be; one of my friends has the same idea or like it, that the crossing was through one of the lakes.
Abu Abd Allah said: through the Red Sea.
It could be some appendices of Red Sea; God is All-Knowing.
But each partition was so huge like a great mountain, and all Pharaoh and his host were drowned when the water came down and was leveled over them.

No. That was the Kingdom of Dafydd.

No, it was the kingdom of Dawood.