Historical Opinion ‏@HistOpinion

US Apr 24 '60:

no opinion

Last edited:

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Re: Which party–the Republican or Democratic–do you think is doing the most for Negro

meh.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Re: Which party–the Republican or Democratic–do you think is doing the most for Negro

It was the polite term at the time.
I thought most of us had come a little further though...ya know over the last 15 or 20 years?

I love the fact that the majority had either no opinion or concluded neither... on that basis I'd say the poll was successfully correct

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

Political correctness at work again......................

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

Given the date it's not at all surprising that this would be a poll question.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

Given the date it's not at all surprising that this would be a poll question.
oh sh*t....lmao...thanks... I might have needed help reading this thread...bahahahahah

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

oh sh*t....lmao...thanks... I might have needed help reading this thread...bahahahahah

I just meant because it's almost dead centre of the Civil Rights Movement but now that you mention it, I did wonder why you said in the "last 15-20 years". Lol, it's been more than that.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

Historically, this is accurate. Until the early 60s the Dumbocrats were the party of the workers and the South. They started to change their ways in the early 60s under Kennedy and Johnson. In response, the Republicans launched the "Southern Strategy," whose intent was to get all the white Southern vote by catering to racism.

It's a pretty standard Republican trope to point out their proud history and just kinda ignore the big change they made in the late 60s.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

I just meant because it's almost dead centre of the Civil Rights Movement but now that you mention it, I did wonder why you said in the "last 15-20 years". Lol, it's been more than that.
I must be hungry...time for snacks

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

Piggy is quite partial to snacks. Preferably plural.
lol...well I'm a cake girl and ice creams is a part of that...I don't keep those kind of things in the house so it's gonna be a muffin with vanilla yogurt and berries on top...

muffins are home made and I can share... :lol:

it actually tastes awesome

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

lol...well I'm a cake girl and ice creams is a part of that...I don't keep those kind of things in the house so it's gonna be a muffin with vanilla yogurt and berries on top...

Now I'm hungry.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

Piggy graciously accepts your generous offer.

You can have my share of the yogurt. I'm not real good with dairy.

Y'all have Papa Johns Pizza up there? The Cinnapplepie is amazing.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

Now I'm hungry.
me too...I thought of popcorn with hot butter and sea salt but we went out for fries earlier then had salad for dinner so ya know it's kind of a little compromise, kind of like the salad was

but this store here makes THE best ever salads... David's Gourmet...omg... they weigh about a pound each and they are too good not to eat a few times a week...and they are cheap... $6.00 and they put artichoke and other bizarre things to choose from...sweet blackberry dressing

I could go for another right now... beautiful with crisp white wine

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

me too...I thought of popcorn with hot butter and sea salt but we went out for fries earlier then had salad for dinner so ya know it's kind of a little compromise, kind of like the salad was

but this store here makes THE best ever salads... David's Gourmet...omg... they weigh about a pound each and they are too good not to eat a few times a week...and they are cheap... $6.00 and they put artichoke and other bizarre things to choose from...sweet blackberry dressing

I could go for another right now... beautiful with crisp white wine

I'm gonna be going to the store while hungry, this is never a good thing.

I had a weird late lunch at a barbecue event, so I wasn't hungry at the normal dinner time. Now I am regretting my lack of planning.