Kennnedy's learned well from Joe.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
She was a beautiful woman. She was also very smart.

I think she was too smart to have kept their secrets in a little red book and then threatened to reveal them.
I do think she was likely murdered.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Nah, she OD'd. Pills to make you sleep, pills to wake you up and plenty of booze in between....very much a part of the 50's and 60's scene.
I remember reading she did suffering from insomnia and performance anxiety and did take prescription pills so perhaps it was an accident, I have always wondered

for sure she had hooked up with JFK because he hooked up with anything female that was breathing...no way he would have turned her away

whether she knew enough to be dangerous to his career, who knows...if she was, there were certainly ways to take care of such problems in those days that did not include murder

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I remember reading she did suffering from insomnia and performance anxiety and did take prescription pills so perhaps it was an accident, I have always wondered

Of course she did, they all did back then. If I'm not mistaken she was in that final era of the 'studio system', they expected (demanded) you to be "ready, up to snuff and on the ball" and they meant it. By any means necessary, I'm sure.

I don't think she did it purposely, but an accidental OD? Yeah I'd place real money on that.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Of course she did, they all did back then. If I'm not mistaken she was in that final era of the 'studio system', they expected (demanded) you to be "ready, up to snuff and on the ball" and they meant it. By any means necessary, I'm sure.

I don't think she did it purposely, but an accidental OD? Yeah I'd place real money on that.
until I read about her, I had always just taken for granted that she was a vapid, blonde, sex kitten but she was extremely smart and well spoken