A very Hitler Christmas

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Via Fark

These photos of a Very Hitler Christmas should dispel the pervasive "Hitler was a Christian" argument...or not

more

Nazi Christmas Party, Munich, 1941 | Inside a Nazi Christmas Party: Photos From Munich in 1941 | LIFE.com

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
The images looks like pretty much any party at a beer hall. I don't see how the images prove or suggest anything one way or other other.

Meanwhile Sir Winston Churchill made a 1941 Christmas broadcast from Washington D.C.

Christmas Message 1941

I see few references to baby Jesus or the Nativity. Based on what I read, I'd guess Churchill was pagan.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
The images looks like pretty much any party at a beer hall. I don't see how the images prove or suggest anything one way or other other.

Meanwhile Sir Winston Churchill made a 1941 Christmas broadcast from Washington D.C.

Christmas Message 1941

I see few references to baby Jesus or the Nativity. Based on what I read, I'd guess Churchill was pagan.

The difference being that Naziism actually was pagan.

Churchill was agnostic.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Hitler was a nutcase. And a master orator. ff you think he was practicing Christian beliefs I would strongly disagree.
I agree that Hitler was crazy, but disagree that he wasn't a Christian. Hitler adhered to a pro-German virulently anti-Semitic version of Christianity known as Deutsche Christen (English translation: German Christians)
German Christians - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's based on his public statements regarding religion:
Religious views of Adolf Hitler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Arguing the Holocaust did not occur within a Christian context is revisionist history at best.
I'm surprised Colpy and Goober aren't claiming Hitler was Muslim.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I agree that Hitler was crazy, but disagree that he wasn't a Christian. Hitler adhered to a pro-German virulently anti-Semitic version of Christianity known as Deutsche Christen (English translation: German Christians)
German Christians - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's based on his public statements regarding religion:
Religious views of Adolf Hitler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You don't know anything about the subject is the problem.

Read Eric Metaxas' book Bonhoeffer.

The SS was not allowed to attend Christian churches.

The Nazis set up the Reichkirche, which they intended to be the only church in the Third Reich........it was only the refusal of Christians to go along that limited its importance.

The Reichkirche:

- demanded the immediate cessation of the publishing and dissemination of the Bible in Germany
- declared Hitler's Mein Kampf as the greatest of all documents.
- declared the National Church would clear away from its altars all crucifixes, Bibles, and pictures of saints.
- Nothing but a copy of Mein Kampf was to be left on the altar, with a sword to the left of it.
- the Christian Cross was to be removed from all churches.....and replaced by the swastika.

In addition, the Old Testament was to be dumped, and all reference to Jews removed.

Does that sound Christian to you???

Oh, and a quick overview of those involved in the resistance and assassination plots against Hitler shows that they were disproportionately devout Christians, risking their lives to oppose a great evil.

The accusation that Naziism was "Christian" is a massive smear on the religion.

I'm surprised Colpy and Goober aren't claiming Hitler was Muslim.

Funny you should say that...

Hitler would say in public whatever he thought was best for the cause at the moment. In private, he was more truthful:

"It has been our misfortune to have the wrong religion. Why didn't we have the religion of the Japanese, who regard sacrifice for the Fatherland as the highest good? The Mohammedan religion too would have been much more compatible to us than Christianity. Why did it have to be Christianity with its meekness and flabbiness?"

Adolph Hitler

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
You don't know anything about the subject is the problem.

Read Eric Metaxas' book Bonhoeffer.

The SS was not allowed to attend Christian churches.

The Nazis set up the Reichkirche, which they intended to be the only church in the Third Reich........it was only the refusal of Christians to go along that limited its importance.

The Reichkirche:

- demanded the immediate cessation of the publishing and dissemination of the Bible in Germany
- declared Hitler's Mein Kampf as the greatest of all documents.
- declared the National Church would clear away from its altars all crucifixes, Bibles, and pictures of saints.
- Nothing but a copy of Mein Kampf was to be left on the altar, with a sword to the left of it.
- the Christian Cross was to be removed from all churches.....and replaced by the swastika.

In addition, the Old Testament was to be dumped, and all reference to Jews removed.

Does that sound Christian to you???

Oh, and a quick overview of those involved in the resistance and assassination plots against Hitler shows that they were disproportionately devout Christians, risking their lives to oppose a great evil.

The accusation that Naziism was "Christian" is a massive smear on the religion.

So it wasn't a Christian God that was with them?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Which God was it then?
Don't know.

It sure wasn't DaS', Gh's or ITN's.

Just like we've been told that the Allah that the 9/11 hijackers praised in their last moments was not the Allah of moderate mainstream Muslims.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I don't think there is a god associated with Vril. From what I recall it was supposedly an ethereal energy and not something worshipped or a religion but more of a supplement to a religious belief.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I don't think there is a god associated with Vril. From what I recall it was supposedly an ethereal energy and not something worshipped or a religion but more of a supplement to a Religious belief.
So you agree the Nazi God is just something they made up to facilitate their agenda?

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
The difference being that Naziism actually was pagan.

Not really: high level Nazis reputedly tried to "revive" worship of the old Northern European/Norse deities (i.e. Tyr, Odin/Wotan, Thor, Loki, Freyja et al) but it never caught on with the population at large who were mostly Roman Catholic or Lutheran (both fairly staid, conservative sects of Christianity). Hitler himself, from numerous reports, could almost be described as an agnostic/mystic in terms of his fascination with the occult, etc. but the whole spectre of Nazi paganism was more a failed political ploy to undermine the authority of the Christian churches and replace it with a religion more closely controlled by the State.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.

Gott mit uns means God with us.

Yep, we said that too. both wars. Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

they had it inscribed on the scabbards of their daggers..............no? I forget. Maybe on the handle of the daggers.

Hitler was a nutcase. And a master orator. ff you think he was practicing Christian beliefs I would strongly disagree.

Nor too many people, cept maybe Dancin Lunatic would say he was doin the Christian thingy...........whatever that was. Bernin folks at the stake .........yanno.......good hole-sum (yep, pun) fun..........or, bernin folks en masse in big oven things......had a weird sense of humor.

Woops, sorry Goob; thought you said mastur bator............he was a jerk off for sure.