Why did God choose the men to be Prophet?

selin

Electoral Member
Feb 8, 2010
Turkey

*there are some comments, one of them is :"... because , men are more powerful than women"

Prophets are said to have had some miracles granted by God, then why did God not grant some miracles to women to be more powerful as well?

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012

*there are some comments, one of them is :"... because , men are more powerful than women"

Prophets are said to have had some miracles granted by God, then why did God not grant some miracles to women to be more powerful as well?

You crazy kids and your funny stuff........

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
October 2010? (dusts off the post and vacuums up the cobwebs and dead spiders and ghosts).

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
More powerful in what way. Most of the men in my life were pretty weak. I guess it depends on what your definition of powerful is. In reality no person is powerful. We're actually pretty frail .

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

He didn't. But you go ahead and keep lying to yourself.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
There are no female prophets in the Koran as far as I know. That is what she is referring to since she lives in a Muslim country, is a feminist and an agnostic.

WOnderful, and how does that change the validity of my statement? Or do you believe that all the "prophets" mentioned in the Quran were "chosen" by God?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
WOnderful, and how does that change the validity of my statement? Or do you believe that all the "prophets" mentioned in the Quran were "chosen" by God?
Prophets, as far as I'm concerned, are all self chosen. People choose the divine or not, not the other way around.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Might have had something to do with "keep lying to yourself".

She made the post. If she didn't believe it, then she should have put that in there. Unless she was just trolling. Hard to know since the original post is 5 years old.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
She made the post. If she didn't believe it, then she should have put that in there. Unless she was just trolling. Hard to know since the original post is 5 years old.
She was probably trolling eanassir or one of his buddies at the time.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
In the Old testament before Samuel chose Saul as king there were judges. One of them by the name of Deborah.
The author of the Gospel of John and Revelations was also a woman, Mary of Bethany. The RCC tried to make it an all boys club. Mary, the mother of Jesus and her cousin Elizabeth were both Daughters of Aaron, brother of Moses. There are a few more examples, such as are the 24 Elders 12 OT Prophets and their wives or is it 24 men alone?

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The real prophet is the woman as I taught one of my grandsons fighting
a useless battle which he could not win
I said "remember even when you win you lose"
He shut up and got his new truck a few weeks later