Let's Bring Back the Old Gods!

darkbeaver
#181
All my gods are old. A few of them are boozers, what a coincidense,
 
Cliffy
#182
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

All my gods are old. A few of them are boozers, what a coincidense,

I can tell it is Saturday night from your post on the Religion is like a boat thread. You must be in Valhalla.
 
spaminator
#183
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Emerald Tablets Of Thoth, 50,000 Year Old Tablets Reportedly From Atlantis




The Tablets of Thoth are imperishable, resistant to all elements, corrosion and acids. In effect, the atomic and cellular structure is fixed, and no change can take place, thus violating the material law of ionization, according to Bibliotecapleyades. (external - login to view)
Upon them are engraved characters in the Ancient Atlantean language; characters which respond to the attuned thought waves of the reader and which release much more wisdom and information than the characters do when merely deciphered. The Tablets are fastened together with hoops of a golden colored alloy suspended from a rod of the same material.


Emerald Tablets Of Thoth, 50,000 Year Old Tablets Reportedly From Atlantis Mysterious Earth (external - login to view)

i'm not sure about this being atlantisian, but still cool.
 
Blackleaf
#184
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

Now wouldn't an argument about Tiw or Woden be a pleasant change?
Try it, it may be fun!

No, it wouldn't. Tiw and Woden don't exist. There is only the Christian god.
 
Serryah
#185
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

No, it wouldn't. Tiw and Woden don't exist. There is only the Christian god.

Tiw and Woden exist as much as the varied Christian God does.

You should be asking for proof before saying they don't exist.
 
Blackleaf
#186
Quote: Originally Posted by SerryahView Post

Tiw and Woden exist as much as the varied Christian God does.

No, they don't. I don't believe that. And good luck trying to find many Canadians prepared to worship such mythological beings.
 
Serryah
+1
#187
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

No, they don't. I don't believe that. And good luck trying to find many Canadians prepared to worship such mythological beings.

Okay, so, because you don't believe it, then it's fact?

So does that mean then that your version of God doesn't exist because I don't believe he does? Really it's just as valid as what you're saying. "I don't believe therefore it's a fact they don't exist!"

Well weather they do or not is not really my business, so long as they don't toss it in my face like versions of Christianity, Islam and Jewish faiths do.
 
Cliffy
+1
#188
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

No, they don't. I don't believe that. And good luck trying to find many Canadians prepared to worship such mythological beings.

You crack me up. Did you learn about religion from Monty Python? Mythological beings... too funny. You have billions of people, including yourself, believing in your mythological beings.
 
Blackleaf
#189
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

You crack me up. Did you learn about religion from Monty Python? Mythological beings... too funny. You have billions of people, including yourself, believing in your mythological beings.

The difference between me and you is that you believe in Odin and Woden and other mythological beings.... and I don't.

I believe there is only one God, the Christian God.

I don't see what Monty Python has got to do with anything.

Quote: Originally Posted by SerryahView Post

Okay, so, because you don't believe it, then it's fact?

That's what I believe.

Quote:

So does that mean then that your version of God doesn't exist because I don't believe he does?

I believe that my version of God exists.

Quote:

Well weather they do or not is not really my business, so long as they don't toss it in my face like versions of Christianity, Islam and Jewish faiths do.

A lot more Canadians believe in the one true God than believe in ancient mytholical beings such as Thor, Woden, Odin and Frigg. Do you also believe that thunder is produced by Thor's hammer?
 
selfsame
#190
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

All my gods are old. A few of them are boozers, what a coincidense,

God is One God Almighty and Most Gracious: He is the Creator; all other gods of the idolatry and polytheism are false (unless it might be the name of God the Creator in some ancient languages),
and such multiple gods and idols are merely names without real existence. Names invented by men without real existence, but only God the Creator: He is the True and Eternal.
Last edited by selfsame; May 16th, 2016 at 07:13 AM..
 
taxslave
#191
Quote: Originally Posted by selfsameView Post

God is One God Almighty and Most Gracious: He is the Creator; all other gods of the idolatry and polytheism are false (unless it might be the name of God the Creator in some ancient languages),
and such multiple gods and idols are merely names without real existence. Names invented by men without real existence, but only God the Creator: He is the True and Eternal.

God of Christianity, God of the Islam ... what is this? God is not of Christians (He in fact is not Jesus Christ), and God is not of Muslims (Allah is only the name of the same God: the Creator in Arabic);
God is the Lord of all nations.

And what about all the lesser gods?
 
selfsame
#192
This is the association and idolatry.
But the truth is: No god but God alone without associate or equal.
================================================== =====

Well said Prophet Joseph son of Jacob, when he was in the prison, before he became prime minister of Egypt; as in the Quran 12: 37-40 which mean:

{37. f[They said to him: Which of these idols is your Lord? He said:] "I have forsaken the religion of a folk [who are associaters: worshipping the idols with God, and] who believe not in God [alone g] and [moreover] of the Next Life they are deniers. h "

38. "And I have followed the religion of my fathers: Abraham, Isaac and Jacob; we ought not to associate anything with God i; that is [some] of God's bounty to us and to people j, but most of people give no thanks [about God’s bounties to them.]"k

39. "O my two companions in prison, which is better: many differing lords [of stone, silver and copper which neither harm nor profit, or is God: the One, the Omnipotent l?"

40. "You worship none, apart from [God], other than mere names which you and your fathers have named, concerning which God has not revealed any authority m.
The decision [about the worship] is up to God [alone]
n. He has commanded [in the heavenly books] that you should worship none other than He [alone].
That
o is the religion of [Prophet Jacob] the guardian [on his sons and his people], but most of people do not know [the truth.]"}
.................................................. .......

f They said to him: Which of these idols is your Lord; so guide us to him, in order that he may acquaint us about the interpretation of the dream, as has he taught you?
So he said: (I have forsaken the religion of a folk who believe not in God [alone.])

g But they associate with Him.

h i.e. they deny the sending of souls to the Next Life and the Judgment.

i Therefore, we do not worship idols and statues.

j Who devote themselves to God alone.

k So this was his answer to their question: “Who is your Lord?” Therefore, he said to them: I don’t worship any idol, neither did my fathers worship the idols, but we worship God the Lord of the heavens and the earth. It is He Who taught me about the interpretation of dreams. Then if you want to be like myself, then worship God alone and refrain from worshipping the idols, and He will give you all that you want.
Then he said to them:

l Who revives and kills, and by Whose hand is everything?

m It means: The idols which you worship and to which you give names; such names are devoid of meaning, and are not true; moreover, God did not reveal any commandment in any heavenly book to worship the idols.

n It means: It is not allowed that anybody may worship anyone according to his own desire, but it should only be according to God’s commands in the heavenly books.

o i.e. That which I have explained to you, concerning the worshipping of God alone and forsaking the worship of idols …

The interpretation is by Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly.
Last edited by selfsame; May 16th, 2016 at 07:14 AM..
 
Serryah
#193
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post


That's what I believe.

I believe that my version of God exists.

A lot more Canadians believe in the one true God than believe in ancient mytholical beings such as Thor, Woden, Odin and Frigg. Do you also believe that thunder is produced by Thor's hammer?

And you state that other possible Gods are a lie, because it's what you believe.

So I say your version of God is fake, a myth, etc and so on because I do not believe as you do. So, you're wrong and you're going to burn for it.

What a lot more Canadian's believe or not doesn't matter. Part of Freedom - including that which God gave us all - is the freedom of choice, to worship and believe, or not.

No, I don't believe thunder is produced by Thor's Hammer. What I actually believe is this: All the Gods, before and now, are legitimate. We as humans put belief and faith into those beings, giving them our energies and as such they were all made. Even if they're no longer worshiped as they were, they still exist because they haven't faded away.

These people who want to return to worshiping the Norse Gods have every right to do so, as their Gods are just as legitimate as the Jewish God and your God that came after Jesus. Even the Islamic God who is just another version of your Monotheistic God, is as legitimate as the Norse Gods.

That is just *part* of my belief, my 'faith' if you will. Just as legitimate and right and truthful as yours.
 
MHz
#194
The coming trend is gods like Zeus are supposed to be sent to the dustbin as some other version is supposed to emerge as being much more 'appealing to people'
 
bluebyrd35
#195
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

No, they don't. I don't believe that. And good luck trying to find many Canadians prepared to worship such mythological beings.

LOL, You know what you believe, does not count as proof something exists. Heck you could believe the moon is made of green cheese but that does not make it so.

The Christian God is as valid as any other God, other humans believed in over the course of history.

Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

The coming trend is gods like Zeus are supposed to be sent to the dustbin as some other version is supposed to emerge as being much more 'appealing to people'

Already happened. There is a version of God, that encompasses, afterlife, reincarnation, choice of where, when they will reincarnation (with permission of those to whom they will begin their next life.) It takes into account, redemption through grace, pay-back (only with consent by the one injured), as well as through exceptional helping lives.

It also explains Jesus. It is said that nearly all live many lives, but Jesus got it right in one life.
 
EagleSmack
#196
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Emerald Tablets Of Thoth, 50,000 Year Old Tablets Reportedly From Atlantis

High as a kite eh?
 
Cliffy
+1
#197
 
Curious Cdn
#198
Cernunnos, if you're feeling horny ...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cernu..._(cropped).jpg
 
Cliffy
#199
 
petros
#200
Awake eh? Do you have a Watchtower meme?
 

Similar Threads

93
Bring back Bill Vanderzalm
by Kreskin | Dec 26th, 2010
102
Bring Back the Queen
by Cobalt_Kid | Jan 30th, 2010
20
Should we bring back DDT?
by ironsides | Aug 11th, 2009
29
Why we should bring back hanging
by Blackleaf | Mar 4th, 2008
0
Bring back the Victorians
by Blackleaf | Feb 17th, 2007
no new posts