" I am born again", are you?

look3467
One death, two borns.
Once my spirit was death after being born the first time, but now my spirit is alive, being born the second time.
But my flesh, dies onces only.

For the benefit of some, I am posting as requested.

Peace>>>AJ

westmanguy
I was born again when I was 8 years old.

Bible camp it happened at.

look3467
Quote: Originally Posted by westmanguyView Post

I was born again when I was 8 years old.

Bible camp it happened at.

Excellent place to have learned about it.
I've been to those camps and I found them to be great.

Peace>>>AJ

Dexter Sinister
No, I've been born only once. I have no memory of it, but it seems to have worked satisfactorily.

talloola
How was "Born Again" born to begin with. Was it back in the 60's or?

westmanguy
You know darn well what were talking about Dexter.

And that was uncalled for, being spiteful, anti-religious, and mean

You don't do any good to yourself and fellow atheists.

You just deepen the divide.

Dexter Sinister
Quote: Originally Posted by westmanguyView Post

You know darn well what were talking about Dexter.

Yes I do. I think you're all seriously deluded, I see no reason not to say so, and I can argue the case pretty well. If this were in the Christian Discussion forum I wouldn't have made that comment, I have no interest in what's in there anymore, but in a more general Faith Discussion forum, I view it as fair game. You want a Christian forum where you can all congratulate and support each other in your righteousness, take it somewhere else.

talloola
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter SinisterView Post

Yes I do. I think you're all seriously deluded, I see no reason not to say so, and I can argue the case pretty well. If this were in the Christian Discussion forum I wouldn't have made that comment, I have no interest in what's in there anymore, but in a more general Faith Discussion forum, I view it as fair game. You want a Christian forum where you can all congratulate and support each other in your righteousness, take it somewhere else.

I think your tired, get some sleep, seeya tomorrow.

hermanntrude
when you say born again are you talking about baptism?

snowles
After just reading about its history and use, being born again seems like a rather silly cop-out to taking responsibility in one's self.

s243a
Quote: Originally Posted by snowlesView Post

After just reading about its history and use, being born again seems like a rather silly cop-out to taking responsibility in one's self.

I’m not a fan either. I find it hard to believe that only people that are “saved” will go to heaven.

Jay
I am.

china
s243a
I find it hard to believe that only people that are “saved” will go to heaven._____________________

I dont think there is any heaven; obviously man has invented heaven out of hope, for his life has become a living hell, an endless conflict from birth to death, coming and going, making money, working endlessly. This life has become a turmoil, a travail of endless striving. One wonders if man, a human being, will ever live on this earth peacefully. Conflicts have been the way of our lifes - within the skin and outside the skin, in the area of the psyche and in the society which that psyche has created.
Can anyone describe heaven , what's heaven?
Last edited by china; Mar 24th, 2007 at 06:29 AM..

CDNBear

Quote: Originally Posted by snowlesView Post

Dex, snowles...

Like it says in my signature,

At some point in time all men come to a realization, if they truly are growing, at this point they are being reborn.

It need not be the trademark of the Christian faith.

It can be as personal and as meaningful as necessary for the individual that has the realization.

My personal rebirth, was not borne of the Spirit of Jesus entering me, it was when I came to the self realization that I was on the wrong path. I chose to change direction.

This did not involve Christ or any other religious mechanization, it was a personally spiritual choice, my spirit.

In your case Dex, I am sure you have reached points in your life where you realized the direction you were going, would not lead you to the desired place. So you switched lanes and re-evaluated the course of action. No?

Is that not an action taken by a scientist?

Perhaps as either of you were growing up, you decided that your style, your actions, your way of doing things, wasn't getting you the desired effects. So you modified yourself to suit the needs of your feelings or thoughts. It may have been subconscious and taken sometime to come to froition or an overt act of self realization and instant change.

Could that not be seen as a being "reborn"?

El Barto
This is going to sound like a joke , which is half right.
I felt reborn after a good hangover. The relief of pain in the noggin and stomach really makes you appreciate the little things. It doesn' always have to mean religoious or spiritual. That feel good sensation after turmoil.

look3467

No, I've been born only once. I have no memory of it, but it seems to have worked satisfactorily.

I believe you Dexter. For otherwise, I wouldn't be reading your post. But again, not yet. At least I don't see any evidence of it.

Peace>>>AJ

snfu73
I was born once...I think that was enough... I'm sure my mom would agree. If she had to give birth to me again now, it might hurt ALOT more.

look3467
Quote: Originally Posted by talloolaView Post

How was "Born Again" born to begin with. Was it back in the 60's or?

The word "again" means something. Like dead once and then being born again?

What exactly is being born again mean? It is that our spirits are death (Separated from God because of being in the flesh, thus dead spiritually) due to the flesh and must needs to be born again, not of the flesh but of Gods spirit, rather than Adam's.

What that entails is a membership into the celestial church of Jesus Christ and having the full benefits of the heavenly kingdom here on earth.

One can not know what that is until one experiences a re-birth. I know for instance that God is alive in me.

And my presence here with a attitude of compassion at any cost is not me, but God in me.

When I need anything, I call on Him, and in due time, He grants answers according to His will, not mine.
You can develope a personal relationship with Him that you can not get anywere and in any church.

Church helps in directing you there, but that's as far as it goes. It has to start from within first.

Peace>>>AJ

look3467
Quote: Originally Posted by snfu73View Post

I was born once...I think that was enough... I'm sure my mom would agree. If she had to give birth to me again now, it might hurt ALOT more.

Yes, that is enough for this existence of the flesh. But still, you need to be born again from God to exist in the heavenly realm of membership in His church.

But, that comes after one has given oneself to believing in Jesus as our Lord and Savior.

What that would do for you, is change you from the inside out, to where your life will have LIFE.

Living breathing LIFE, which this world can not touch, but the heavenly can.

It doesn't matter if you abandoned God many years ago, I mean, what is time to God?

If you could live to be 1 million years old, He'd wait for you.

His love is so great, that there is absolutely nothing you can do cause Him to reject you to a none existent state.

How about that? I'd bet you, you will never hear that from any church: but only from Jesus Himself!

Peace>>>AJ

look3467
Quote: Originally Posted by El BartoView Post

This is going to sound like a joke , which is half right.
I felt reborn after a good hangover. The relief of pain in the noggin and stomach really makes you appreciate the little things. It doesn' always have to mean religoious or spiritual. That feel good sensation after turmoil.

That's fine El Barto! But are you reborn of the spirit of God, is the question?

And if you are, what is the evidence? Surely not a headache.

Peace>>>AJ

snfu73
Quote: Originally Posted by look3467View Post

Yes, that is enough for this existence of the flesh. But still, you need to be born again from God to exist in the heavenly realm of membership in His church.

But, that comes after one has given oneself to believing in Jesus as our Lord and Savior.

What that would do for you, is change you from the inside out, to where your life will have LIFE.

Living breathing LIFE, which this world can not touch, but the heavenly can.

It doesn't matter if you abandoned God many years ago, I mean, what is time to God?

If you could live to be 1 million years old, He'd wait for you.

His love is so great, that there is absolutely nothing you can do cause Him to reject you to a none existent state.

How about that? I'd bet you, you will never hear that from any church: but only from Jesus Himself!

Peace>>>AJ

But I feel that I do have life. I think I have a very full life. Life is a challenge, there is no doubt, but I do still feel that I have a very full, rich, interesting life going here.

I am not athiest...I am agnostic...I don't know what to believe. I lean towards not believing...but, I just don't know. But I have no interest in pursuing any sort of "relationship" with christ or god or anything like that. It just doesn't...make sense to me, ya know?

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by chinaView Post

s243a
I find it hard to believe that only people that are “saved” will go to heaven._____________________

I dont think there is any heaven; obviously man has invented heaven out of hope, for his life has become a living hell, an endless conflict from birth to death, coming and going, making money, working endlessly. This life has become a turmoil, a travail of endless striving. One wonders if man, a human being, will ever live on this earth peacefully. Conflicts have been the way of our lifes - within the skin and outside the skin, in the area of the psyche and in the society which that psyche has created.

You're in heaven now China, this is the fabled garden and the dreaded hell. Your glass must always be half empty and half full, that is balance, without the one you would not know the other.Without light there is no shadow, without wisdom no ignorance, no small no great.

look3467
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Dex, snowles...

Like it says in my signature,

At some point in time all men come to a realization, if they truly are growing, at this point they are being reborn.

It need not be the trademark of the Christian faith.

It can be as personal and as meaningful as necessary for the individual that has the realization.

My personal rebirth, was not borne of the Spirit of Jesus entering me, it was when I came to the self realization that I was on the wrong path. I chose to change direction.

This did not involve Christ or any other religious mechanization, it was a personally spiritual choice, my spirit.

In your case Dex, I am sure you have reached points in your life where you realized the direction you were going, would not lead you to the desired place. So you switched lanes and re-evaluated the course of action. No?

Is that not an action taken by a scientist?

Perhaps as either of you were growing up, you decided that your style, your actions, your way of doing things, wasn't getting you the desired effects. So you modified yourself to suit the needs of your feelings or thoughts. It may have been subconscious and taken sometime to come to froition or an overt act of self realization and instant change.

Could that not be seen as a being "reborn"?

You have a good point there CDNBear! If a person comes to terms with his or hers relationship with the devine, that being whatever term one wants to use for it, and has a life changing experience to that of harming no one, hating no one and forgiving incessantly, then, that is evidence of being born again.

But, understand, that the real person who instigated this born again issue was Jesus. His words.
Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

No where else can you find that statment as coming from a true and proven source. And you can experience it yourself.

Peace>>>AJ

look3467
Quote: Originally Posted by snfu73View Post

But I feel that I do have life. I think I have a very full life. Life is a challenge, there is no doubt, but I do still feel that I have a very full, rich, interesting life going here.

I am not athiest...I am agnostic...I don't know what to believe. I lean towards not believing...but, I just don't know. But I have no interest in pursuing any sort of "relationship" with Christ or god or anything like that. It just doesn't...make sense to me, ya know?

My advice, is remain as you are. You seem to be content with how and what you are. But, if you should desire an encounter with God, than all you have to do is, just ask Him.

There is no forcing anyone here to do something they don't desire.

Wait and He will work to your benefit.

Peace>>>AJ

look3467

I support your views on this Dexter.

Peace>>>AJ

look3467
Quote: Originally Posted by JayView Post

I am.

You are? What is the evidence? Give us your testimony if you will.

Peace>>>AJ

darkbeaver

s243a

You're in heaven now China, this is the fabled garden and the dreaded hell. Your glass must always be half empty and half full, that is balance, without the one you would not know the other.Without light there is no shadow, without wisdom no ignorance, no small no great.

look3467

s243a

China, I am reserving my comments for a little later on on this reply of yours.

Peace>>>AJ

look3467
Quote: Originally Posted by hermanntrudeView Post

when you say born again are you talking about baptism?

Baptism we are in right now. This world is inundated us with all it's glorious pleasures, desires and pain.

But, Jesus has also being baptized with the same as we, and again because He took the stigma of death from us.

His bapism was two fold, flesh and spirit of God.

Into the world as flesh, and from the Spirit of God, to take away the sin that caused the separation in the first place (Flesh) and gave us an entrance into the kingdom of God: whether we realize it or not.

But if we do, then LIFE has more meaning, then just life. For then, you become an alien (Not of this world but of the next) of the heavenly world.

Baptism by water simply signifies ones acceptance of our new found salvation and wishes to demonstrate it.

Peace>>>AJ

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by look3467View Post

You have a good point there CDNBear! If a person comes to terms with his or hers relationship with the devine, that being whatever term one wants to use for it, and has a life changing experience to that of harming no one, hating no one and forgiving incessantly, then, that is evidence of being born again.

But, understand, that the real person who instigated this born again issue was Jesus. His words.
Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

No where else can you find that statment as coming from a true and proven source. And you can experience it yourself.

Peace>>>AJ

But you assumed I was referring to a religous event.

I was not, I was referring to a change of heart, in Dex's case, it could very well be that he followed a scientific thought process, then found it to be lacking or wanting in some major way, so he made a conscious decission to alter his actions or thoughts likewise. No spirituality, just the need for change.

Another anology could very well be...

A nerd, feeling small and weak, takes it upon himself to workout, bulk up and become buff.

A criminal, does time and realizes it sux, so makes the effort to avoid committing criminal acts, or getting caught at the least.

A highschooler, that gets leftout or ignored, without conscious reason, slowly morfs or evolves into a new persona. One that is more out going or noticable.

Being "born again", need not be a religous experience.

no new posts