So what faith do non Christians on CC believe in

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Now if you are not a Christian, you don't have to profess another religion, just a feeling or being a non-believer in any god.

Just explain about your faith or religion may it be (Islam, Hindu, Pagan, Judaism, etc).

I am an Asatru follower which is directly connected to the Vikings of the past. There is at least 12 gods and Valhalla that is believed in in the faith, to ITN, only the big-breasted one matters. There is between 200,000 and 1 million in the world.

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
e-i-e-i-o-theist, or short version: itheist.

actually, after studying many religions/faiths/beliefs/philosophies (along with my professional work) have a framework not summed up in a label.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Well Asatru is a very interesting religion which is connected to the Vikings and before the Vikings.

I don't know how old it is, but I can claim that it started before 793 C.E.

Festivals are called blots, where what I usually do is make mead, delicious mead, and on the given festival, like Yule December 21-January 1st, I drink a round of mead and pray to the gods and return some of the mead to the land. Then you burn a log, and it continues to burn until January 1st.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Jersay said:
I don't know how old it is, but I can claim that it started before 793 C.E.

793 C.E. as in 793 A.D.? If so, then it's more recent than I would have expected. It's younger than Islam (622 A.D.).

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Really interesting though. I just need to ask a silly question.

Last year there was a large meeting in Vancouver by a religious group, and it sounded like your religion, but I am not too sure??

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
Simple answer:

"god" is a construct, a status cast upon something by another. "You" make something a "god". There are a great many things that somebody somewhere in some time proclaimed a "god", and when the proclamation ended, the god died (became lost in history or relabeled mythology).

The universe itself is a living system, and if you want to call it a god, then you are a part of the god. This is the closest to reality of any mythology.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Well I put 793 because that was the first attack from the Vikings. However, I am sure it is centuries older than that. I found a site a long time ago saying it was 3,000 to 2,500 years old.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Jersay said:
Really interesting though. I just need to ask a silly question.

Last year there was a large meeting in Vancouver by a religious group, and it sounded like your religion, but I am not too sure??

Possible. The Baha'i Faith is the second most widespread in the world after the Christian. Baha'is might only be about 6 million in number, but we are spread thin like butter. :)

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Jersay said:
Well I put 793 because that was the first attack from the Vikings. However, I am sure it is centuries older than that. I found a site a long time ago saying it was 3,000 to 2,500 years old.

3000 years old? That would put it around the time of Moses?

2500 years old? Around the time of the Bhagavad Gita? After the Buddha? After Zephaniah? Around the time of Confucius?

I'm just trying to put it in temporal perspective.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Re: Guest Posts!

:!: Could a Moderator comment, please?

I was under the impression that Guests couldn't post to the forums? Is the new forum exempt from this practice, perhaps? Just wondering. I've seen Guest posts appear in other threads now, too.