What would happen if we burned the koran on tonights show?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
My take from this is that yes, there are crazy stupid fanatics in the world but where are the millions of sane sensible people who could be speaking out against them.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
My take from this is that yes, there are crazy stupid fanatics in the world but where are the millions of sane sensible people who could be speaking out against them.

I worry speaking out may not be enough.

I've read 2 articles recently that made me hopeful again.

There are Indian women who beat on men if they get out of line with women. They've stepped in on domestic violence incidents and beaten the men.

There are cafes in India where women who've suffered acid attacks and other forms of honour disfigurement are able to cover medical, legal costs and are able to support themselves. They've gained so much attention that it's becoming a type of tourism. Travelling to and staying at places run by women who've suffered physically abuse at the hands of men and now are enjoying an independant life.

First article was about the Yazidi women who'd been captured, enslaved, raped, sold, and forcibly married have turned against their torturers and are armed, trained, and taking bodies.

There was another story of an Afgan woman who was caught out alone to protest and was beaten. The men in the village put on niqabs and protested the beating of this women. In solidarity.

I'm currently hopeful that if enough read about, and become inspired then oppression can be turned away.

And are. Every day. The papers just don't print it.

It bares repeating though. Get the word out there.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I remember the self involved preacher down south somewhere who drew national attention by wanting to burn the Quran or something to that effect . While the culture of violence and injustice exists partly in a religion that encompasses a major population in the world, that reality does not necessarily justify the insensitivity to the consequences of the reactionary few who disregard those consequences toward the many innocent who will suffer because of it. Hopefully education will some day trump willful ignorance and the idea of recovery will replace condemnation.

when you're dealing with ignorant barbarians common sense should prevail.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
What would happen if, on his show, he burned a US flag or a copy of the US Constitution? Even worse what if he called for a gun ban? Or universal healthcare? The wall would get 10 feet taller!

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I worry speaking out may not be enough.

I've read 2 articles recently that made me hopeful again.

There are Indian women who beat on men if they get out of line with women. They've stepped in on domestic violence incidents and beaten the men.

There are cafes in India where women who've suffered acid attacks and other forms of honour disfigurement are able to cover medical, legal costs and are able to support themselves. They've gained so much attention that it's becoming a type of tourism. Travelling to and staying at places run by women who've suffered physically abuse at the hands of men and now are enjoying an independant life.

First article was about the Yazidi women who'd been captured, enslaved, raped, sold, and forcibly married have turned against their torturers and are armed, trained, and taking bodies.

There was another story of an Afgan woman who was caught out alone to protest and was beaten. The men in the village put on niqabs and protested the beating of this women. In solidarity.

I'm currently hopeful that if enough read about, and become inspired then oppression can be turned away.

Knowledge aired a documentary about the Indian women and the cafe' they opened. It was both heartbreaking and inspirational. The BBC did two short docs about the Yazdi and the Afghan men who stood up for their countrywoman. I find that PBS, Knowledge and TVO are much more apt to cover these types of stories than the MSM. The latter only pay attention when something dreadful happens but are never interested in the follow-up.

It bares repeating though. Get the word out there.

It does and I will.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Religious fanatics are crazy and stupid. This is news?
I doubt Muslims burn Qurans or that Christians are the ones that burn Bibles or the Jews dismiss the Torah.. Is the ones that burn them with the expectation that that it will make somebody mad or is it the ones that gets mad is the one with the bigger problem. It would actually mean more if the ones attached to those 3 books were the ones burning them.
What kind of commotion would I cause if I burned all Bibles other than the one I orefer? (at the same time show that the ones being burned are flawed as far as being 'the word of God) Reality says it doesn't matter, some people will end up on the right path and others will be changing paths at some point in their continued relationship with God. It is the basis of that relationship that ultimately dictates hoe we interact with those that we meet in life. It is because we get imperfect teachings at the start that it is a 'no-fault' time as far as God is concerned, any changes He desires will take place before we are given 'free will'.
For ttha majority the first 'experience' is at the Great White Throne and you have a free choice to take the next step all on your own, tell me you wouldn't take a drink of the water that is being offered when you will have an natural thirst for it. Any other Gospel is a false Gosp[el and if you make determinations based on false beliefs. It is not such a hard thing for God to ask that you pay attention to the words in the books left by Him, considering it is you that can benifit from it.

Re:7:9:
After this I beheld,
and,
lo,
a great multitude,
which no man could number,
of all nations,
and kindreds,
and people,
and tongues,
stood before the throne,
and before the Lamb,
clothed with white robes,
and palms in their hands;
Re:7:10:
And cried with a loud voice,
saying,
Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne,
and unto the Lamb.

Re:21:3-7:
And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying,
Behold,
the tabernacle of God is with men,
and he will dwell with them,
and they shall be his people,
and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes;
and there shall be no more death,
neither sorrow,
nor crying,
neither shall there be any more pain:
for the former things are passed away.
And he that sat upon the throne said,
Behold,
I make all things new.
And he said unto me,
Write:
for these words are true and faithful.
And he said unto me,
It is done.
I am Alpha and Omega,
the beginning and the end.
I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

He that overcometh shall inherit all things;
and I will be his God,
and he shall be my son.

Alpha because that is referencing Ge:1:1 and Omega because that is referencing Re:22:19.

Re:22:19:
And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy,
God shall take away his part out of the book of life,
and out of the holy city,
and from the things which are written in this book.

God shed His tears in Ge:6 removing the cause can only be a joy. If men shed a few tears that will be for our benifit in the long run.

Heb:12:4-8:
Ye have not yet resisted unto blood,
striving against sin.
And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children,
My son,
despise not thou the chastening of the Lord,
nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth,
and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
If ye endure chastening,
God dealeth with you as with sons;
for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
But if ye be without chastisement,
whereof all are partakers,
then are ye bastards,
and not sons.

Sorry that most of you find that message so desturbing. That is not there to change your mind, it is there as the explanation of whjy I will never change my mind about just who God is and what His plans include.

The sepaeration of the children of the light from the children of darkness is not a sad event unless you see the truth as a bad thing.

Paul certainlt didn't regret being shown the truth and it took very little effort for Christ to gather him.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
I doubt Muslims burn Qurans or that Christians are the ones that burn Bibles or the Jews dismiss the Torah.. Is the ones that burn them with the expectation that that it will make somebody mad or is it the ones that gets mad is the one with the bigger problem. It would actually mean more if the ones attached to those 3 books were the ones burning them.
What kind of commotion would I cause if I burned all Bibles other than the one I orefer? (at the same time show that the ones being burned are flawed as far as being 'the word of God) Reality says it doesn't matter, some people will end up on the right path and others will be changing paths at some point in their continued relationship with God. It is the basis of that relationship that ultimately dictates hoe we interact with those that we meet in life. It is because we get imperfect teachings at the start that it is a 'no-fault' time as far as God is concerned, any changes He desires will take place before we are given 'free will'.
For ttha majority the first 'experience' is at the Great White Throne and you have a free choice to take the next step all on your own, tell me you wouldn't take a drink of the water that is being offered when you will have an natural thirst for it. Any other Gospel is a false Gosp[el and if you make determinations based on false beliefs. It is not such a hard thing for God to ask that you pay attention to the words in the books left by Him, considering it is you that can benifit from it.

Re:7:9:
After this I beheld,
and,
lo,
a great multitude,
which no man could number,
of all nations,
and kindreds,
and people,
and tongues,
stood before the throne,
and before the Lamb,
clothed with white robes,
and palms in their hands;
Re:7:10:
And cried with a loud voice,
saying,
Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne,
and unto the Lamb.

Re:21:3-7:
And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying,
Behold,
the tabernacle of God is with men,
and he will dwell with them,
and they shall be his people,
and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes;
and there shall be no more death,
neither sorrow,
nor crying,
neither shall there be any more pain:
for the former things are passed away.
And he that sat upon the throne said,
Behold,
I make all things new.
And he said unto me,
Write:
for these words are true and faithful.
And he said unto me,
It is done.
I am Alpha and Omega,
the beginning and the end.
I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

He that overcometh shall inherit all things;
and I will be his God,
and he shall be my son.

Alpha because that is referencing Ge:1:1 and Omega because that is referencing Re:22:19.

Re:22:19:
And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy,
God shall take away his part out of the book of life,
and out of the holy city,
and from the things which are written in this book.

God shed His tears in Ge:6 removing the cause can only be a joy. If men shed a few tears that will be for our benifit in the long run.

Heb:12:4-8:
Ye have not yet resisted unto blood,
striving against sin.
And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children,
My son,
despise not thou the chastening of the Lord,
nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth,
and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
If ye endure chastening,
God dealeth with you as with sons;
for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
But if ye be without chastisement,
whereof all are partakers,
then are ye bastards,
and not sons.

Sorry that most of you find that message so desturbing. That is not there to change your mind, it is there as the explanation of whjy I will never change my mind about just who God is and what His plans include.

The sepaeration of the children of the light from the children of darkness is not a sad event unless you see the truth as a bad thing.

Paul certainlt didn't regret being shown the truth and it took very little effort for Christ to gather him.

yes everyone read that novel. Reply's are forthcoming I'm sure.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
when you're dealing with ignorant barbarians common sense should prevail.

common sense only works if all involved have knowledge of the same "common" sense.

Burning the Quran on a show like that is saying you are against free speech.

Actually, I view burning the qoran AS free speech and the violent blowback in retaliation as AGAINST free speech.

If I can't ridicule an idea openly, then that anti free speech.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
common sense only works if all involved have knowledge of the same "common" sense.

Actually, I view burning the qoran AS free speech and the violent blowback in retaliation as AGAINST free speech.

If I can't ridicule an idea openly, then that anti free speech.
What I'm saying Twila is people need to be sensitive to the situation before acting hastily and doing something that will stir up a hornets nest where innocents could and most probably will be harmed. These Fvckers will kill at the drop of a hat with no remorse they re not like you or I. Somewhere along the line there has to be some way to crack through their mindset of insanity without rubbing salt in the wound so to speak.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Normally you should have some specific topic to ridicule or you are just doing it to be a **** disturber. Who sees thema s being good for any society.