Pope Wimps Out On Dalai Lama meeting in Rome


tay
#1
Dalai Lama, who is visiting Rome, had requested a meeting.


A Vatican spokesman said that although the Pope held him "in very high regard", the request had been declined "for obvious reasons".


Correspondents say the Vatican does not want to jeopardise efforts to improve relations with China.


China describes the Dalai Lama as a separatist and reacts angrily when foreign dignitaries meet him.


The Dalai Lama fled to India in 1959 after Chinese troops crushed an attempted uprising in Tibet.


He now advocates a "middle way" with China, seeking autonomy but not independence for Tibet. He was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1989.


"Pope Francis obviously holds the Dalai Lama in very high regard but he will not be meeting any of the Nobel laureates," a Vatican spokesman said. He added that the Pope would send a video message to the conference.


A spokesman for the Dalai Lama said he was "disappointed at not being able to call on His Holiness the Pope but he does not want to cause any inconvenience".




more




BBC News - Pope declines Dalai Lama meeting in Rome (external - login to view)
 
Sal
#2
I am surprised he refused to meet with him.

China is really opening up.

They are going to be building a manufacturing plant here in my city. Weird to see them opening up so much.
 
bill barilko
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

I am surprised he refused to meet with him.

The Dolly Llama is the Biggest Loser on Earth he ran out on his own country and left it for the Chinese

Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

China is really opening up.They are going to be building a manufacturing plant here in my city. Weird to see them opening up so much.

In case you hadn't heard the Chinese own pretty much everything now.
 
Sal
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilkoView Post

The Dolly Llama is the Biggest Loser on Earth he ran out on his own country and left it for the Chinese

well it's not like he had an army to back him, if he hadn't left, he would be dead
Quote:

In case you hadn't heard the Chinese own pretty much everything now.

I still think it's cool they are opening a factory in my city. I also think it's cool they are opening their country up and becoming more tolerant.
 
MHz
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilkoView Post

The Dolly Llama is the Biggest Loser on Earth he ran out on his own country and left it for the Chinese

Covert mission to overthrow the Vatican??? If 'they' won't allow a 5th city state Jerusalem (1947), the Vatican (70AD), the City of London (1611), Washington, DC (1776), clearly the Far East and India is not represented at all yet they are included in the taxation scheme thus making them the middle-men who have no real or imagined value or purpose in a smoothly running society, by volume alone the earth could hold another 3 cities. It's like a risk board using pieces with labels taken out of the Bible, relabel it with the Far East running the show and the salt and pepper is heroin and hash and that turns a peasant into a Sherlock and as such they are always in demand of new and exciting products and the good ideas survive and the bad ones don't, trade flourishes as the Far East has a need for heat and metal ore, etc, it is still trade based while interaction with the West is perpetual war. Couldn't change the rumors of the train-loads of white powder coming out of the east as being table salt and it is very valuable and hard to come by, even if it does look, taste, and feel like dried sea water it is different and it is not heroin that is added to the flour that makes the bread for the Royals and their Priests, like in the good old days but now the average consumer is the bread-winner. Wind it back to the ice age and Mongolia would be the Canadian Prairies as being their breadbasket so population growth could be high and basic needs being met 'in house'
We brag about that we have kept it going since 600AD and wear that as a badge of honor when that sort of activity is listed (several times) as being something from the Top 10 List of things to expect from a false Christian.

Did he leave a note tucked into a crack of the locked gates he was beating on, 'Let my people go.' ?

A message from China the the RCC and other Christians are going to be coming consumers of a bunch of new products, resistance would be stupid as jobs at home requires a lot of Russian gas and 'things in big jars' and the population then has something to do with their hands and that is what you do once hunting for food is not the one and only thing on your list of things to do. Turn the banking part over to the Nuns and make their child all the people in the world that are under 20. Use what is in place today, the birth certificate would get you a yearly deposit of about $100,000 and at 20 that is increased as you start to work or make money by other means. Little changes like that, to be a Priest you have to be married to a Nun and Nuns tend to act like mother grizzlies to whoever is molesting their cubs. 2 birds, 1 stone.
Now that the west is flush with cash to be consumers the ones in the east with the 'idle hands' start up all the various businesses that build things for export while a few set up farming in Mongolia and a field is 100's of miles long and 2 harvests per years means the implements just keep moving in a perpetual circle, speed depending on food needs but 70% is never exceeded. If the silk road was popular in times of language barriers the point and click shopping is going to eliminate that stumbling block.
Last edited by MHz; Dec 13th, 2014 at 11:22 AM..
 
Sal
+1
#6
What's a false Christian?
 
Spade
+1
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

What's a false Christian?

Crikey, I don't even know what a Christian is.
 
Locutus
+1
#8
I think the so-called comedians, infotainment commentators, popular atheists and such should make fun of these ridiculous buddhists and that lama guy...and more than just a few dated one-liners from caddyshack too.
 
Sal
+1
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

Crikey, I don't even know what a Christian is.

I find the term interesting "false Christian"

who could judge that?

nobody human or maybe, I don't know
 
bill barilko
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

well it's not like he had an army to back him, if he hadn't left, he would be dead

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

I still think it's cool they are opening a factory in my city. I also think it's cool they are opening their country up and becoming more tolerant.

You think it's cool that you have new overlords?

Cool?

Wait until you see how little regard your new overlords have for labour law & safety regulations then get back to us about your New Cool.

And you think that somehow China is opening up?

Been drinking from the overlord's toilet again?

Or listening to the CBC?

Or both?
 
Ludlow
+1
#11
Religion and politics influencing each other? Imagine that.
 
coldstream
#12
I really don't know on what basis a Theist (Francis) and an Atheist (the Dala Lama).. could have a discussion. There would be no common first principles from which to proceed. They'd just be talking around each other, rather than to each other.. with no shared reference points. Kind of a waste of time for both.
 
Sal
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilkoView Post

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

your philosophy not his at the time apparently


Quote:

You think it's cool that you have new overlords?

who are your currentl overlords Bill since these will be new?

Quote:

Cool?

Wait until you see how little regard your new overlords have for labour law & safety regulations then get back to us about your New Cool.

yeah I'll let you know how that goes once they set up shop

Quote:

And you think that somehow China is opening up?

of course it is...people who fled China can now actually visit and return to Canada...fancy that
Quote:

Been drinking from the overlord's toilet again?

well according to how you frame your life you apparently view it that way...not my frame of reference but I can accept that is how you see your life

Quote:

Or listening to the CBC?

Or both?

let's just say both to make you feel more comfy with your position
 
bill barilko
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

your philosophy not his at the time apparently

It's not philosophy it's life.

Live free or die free
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

who are your current overlords Bill since these will be new?

I have none-quite unlike you.

So you're uncomfortable with the idea of a free life-you have that in common with the Chinese who feel famously uncomfortable unless there's a boot on their skinny greasy necks.

Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

yeah I'll let you know how that goes once they set up shop

Don't bother I know already.
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

let's just say both...

It was a rhetorical question-I know your position-your posts are all a glitter with admiration for those totalitarian swine.
 
gerryh
+3
#15  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by coldstreamView Post

I really don't know on what basis a Theist (Francis) and an Atheist (the Dala Lama).. could have a discussion. There would be no common first principles from which to proceed. They'd just be talking around each other, rather than to each other.. with no shared reference points. Kind of a waste of time for both.




You really don't know much about the Dalai Lama, do ya.
 
BaalsTears
#16
Refusing to meet the Dalai Lama is a pretty chicken **** thing to do.
 
DaSleeper
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

I think the so-called comedians, infotainment commentators, popular atheists and such should make fun of these ridiculous buddhists and that lama guy...and more than just a few dated one-liners from caddyshack too.

When you consider the source of those comments........I find that it's not even worth the effort to answer them.....
 
Sal
+1
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilkoView Post

It's not philosophy it's life.

dude, that's not LIFE it's YOUR opinion of his choice which means it reflects your life and your attitude toward it

you seem to still be breathing okay in the land of the free

see below buddy

Quote:

Live free or die free

easy for you to say having been born in Canada which makes you one of the few free from birth on, existing on the planet and yet, whining about others and how they should live their life or die

I have a question for you; anyone in your circle ever escaped from a totalitarian regime?

Quote:

I have none-quite unlike you.

so your opinion here is just about my opinion...ya know what that adds up to zero right

Quote:

So you're uncomfortable with the idea of a free life-

no not at all actually...I live quite freely unencumbered by religious intolerance, my work mates are warm and supportive and my circle of those close to me are quite open, loving and most but not all are left leaning from a social perspective...lovely people actually they feed your spirit and accept others as they are


Quote:

you have that in common with the Chinese who feel famously uncomfortable unless there's a boot on their skinny greasy necks

wow, you are a xenophobe...I did not know that, it's always good though to see the place where others post from...xeophobia comes from fear ya know...that's too bad, you miss out on a lot of the richness of life when you are terrified of anything which is different from you.

Quote:

Don't bother I know already.

no, you just think you know but like I said, what ever make you feel safe at night

Quote:

It was a rhetorical question-I know your position-your posts are all a glitter with admiration for those totalitarian swine.

hm....an interesting perspective of what you think you know about my admiration meter

I do like the glitter part though...I love shiny happy people...all a glitter with life...they just vibrate positive energy
 
bill barilko
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

I have a question for you; anyone in your circle ever escaped from a totalitarian regime?

Yes my entire family escaped the Homodor aka Murder by Hunger that Stalin committed on Ukraine.
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

wow, you are a xenophobe...

Living in a city that's at least 40% Chinese we see the lies and brutality of the commie regime manifest here weekly if not more often.
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

....I...like the glitter part...I love shiny happy people...all a glitter with life...they just vibrate positive energy

Typical idiotic hippie bull-you'd make a good Buddhist they're FOFS as can be.
 
Sal
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilkoView Post

Yes my entire family escaped the Homodor aka Murder by Hunger that Stalin committed on Ukraine.

ah, that explains the; "I know it all attitude"

funny thing about that...it either makes one extremely tolerant or extremely intolerant, you have become the latter

glad your family made it though

Quote:

Living in a city that's at least 40% Chinese we see the lies and brutality of the commie regime manifest here weekly if not more often.

then where is your understanding...surely then you must be completely familiar with the attitude and idea of choice? freedom IS choice... no choice...no freedom

Quote:

Typical idiotic hippie bull-you'd make a good Buddhist they're FOFS as can be.

yeah maybe...your type always hates us until you need our tolerance and support Then you desert your own intolerant judgment azzhats that you have ingratiated yourself with for most of your life and you switch sides...because in the end, no one is strong, in the end we all just die and it all becomes about love and support and tolerance... ya know...Christian virtues that most Christians don't get until the end.....then things just even out and we are all just human and we die
 
Angstrom
#21
.

Quote: Originally Posted by BaalsTearsView Post

Refusing to meet the Dalai Lama is a pretty chicken **** thing to do.

It is but there is a very very huge reason why the Pope didn't accept.

The Catholic church is in negotiations with China to allow its religion to be practiced legally in that country.
In a way this could be viewed as a attempt by the Dalai Lama to roadblock the whole process.
 
taxslave
+1
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilkoView Post

The Dolly Llama is the Biggest Loser on Earth he ran out on his own country and left it for the Chinese


In case you hadn't heard the Chinese own pretty much everything now.

Fuk you are stuuupid.
 
Angstrom
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Fuk you are stuuupid.

more like Careless then stupid
 
taxslave
+1
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by coldstreamView Post

I really don't know on what basis a Theist (Francis) and an Atheist (the Dala Lama).. could have a discussion. There would be no common first principles from which to proceed. They'd just be talking around each other, rather than to each other.. with no shared reference points. Kind of a waste of time for both.

How do you figure the Dali Lama is an atheist? Bout as atheist as the pope.Probably the reason the pope don't want to meet is because they are in competition for converts.
 
Angstrom
#25
His whole family ran out of Slovakia
 
Sal
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by AngstromView Post

His whole family ran out of Slovakia

good point
 
BaalsTears
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilkoView Post

...Living in a city that's at least 40% Chinese we see the lies and brutality of the commie regime manifest here weekly if not more often.
...

Yeah, but all the tight punani makes up for it.

Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

...then where is your understanding...surely then you must be completely familiar with the attitude and idea of choice? freedom IS choice... no choice...no freedom
...

Not all cultures are capable of permitting freedom. Ergo, not all peoples are meant to be free.

Quote: Originally Posted by AngstromView Post

.



It is but there is a very very huge reason why the Pope didn't accept.

The Catholic church is in negotiations with China to allow its religion to be practiced legally in that country.
In a way this could be viewed as a attempt by the Dalai Lama to roadblock the whole process.

I guess the choice is between being a political pope or the Vicar of Christ.
 
gerryh
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilkoView Post


Living in a city that's at least 40% Chinese we see the lies and brutality of the commie regime manifest here weekly if not more often.

.




and what city do you live in?
 
BaalsTears
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

and what city do you live in?

Shanghai.
 
darkbeaver
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by coldstreamView Post

I really don't know on what basis a Theist (Francis) and an Atheist (the Dala Lama).. could have a discussion. There would be no common first principles from which to proceed. They'd just be talking around each other, rather than to each other.. with no shared reference points. Kind of a waste of time for both.

They are both going to hell, the Pope because he's the Pope and the Dalai Lama because he's been on the CIA payroll since the fifties, there's the common ground. Their first priciples would be their control of flocks. These two are cut from the same sheet of particle board.
 

Similar Threads

21
Do you really know Dalai lama?
by Anonymous | Sep 15th, 2014
0
Dalai Lama, fact or fiction?
by Kathie Bondar | Mar 12th, 2014
3
Freedom hero: The dalai lama
by Avro | Oct 29th, 2008
11
Dalai Lama and CIA
by china | May 14th, 2008
40
wo men china and dalai lama
by china | Mar 27th, 2008
no new posts