Interestingly enough, Sweden and Denmark are the happiest people as well


tay
+2
#1
 
Sal
+2
#2
Quote: Originally Posted by tayView Post

an interesting poll

the only problem I have with it is I know Christians and non Christians who would say no for varying reasons but they are still believers

I personally would say no to the poll but spirituality comes into play for me for every single decision I make in my life, but I would not self identify as religious
 
gopher
+4
#3  Top Rated Post
must be that socialized policies their societies have
 
taxslave
+3
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

must be that socialized policies their societies have

Who needs religion when you got all those blond girls?
 
gerryh
#5
They're the happiest because they are all just a bunch of blonde, brainless, bimbos.
 
Cliffy
+4
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

must be that socialized policies their societies have

 
petros
+1
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

must be that socialized policies their societies have

Funded by oil and gas.
 
Ludlow
+1
#8
Well I'm glad maybe I'll move there. I don't have blonde hair though is that okay?

Oh wait not everyone is blonde over there. I forgot.
 
WLDB
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

They're the happiest because they are all just a bunch of blonde, brainless, bimbos.

Hey whatever works.
 
taxslave
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Funded by oil and gas.

Nothing wrong with goodies from the government as long as it comes out of someone elses pocket.
 
Ludlow
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Nothing wrong with goodies from the government as long as it comes out of someone elses pocket.

and the deadbeats are thankful for all those elite ones bringin home the bacon,,,,

sho me sweep de flo
 
gopher
+2
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Who needs religion when you got all those blond girls?



I was watching part of today's USC football game in which they have their blond cheer girls such as these:
















I was on a football chat room one time and just as a joke I I mentioned the time one of them cheered when the opposing team scored a TD - I teased a guy by saying you must love your blondes when they are good looking and dumb. Thought he was going to be a tad upset and snap at me. Instead, he said you're darn right - the blonder and dumber the better!

Had to tell him, you really got me on that one! I'm still laughing as the joke was on me!!




+
 
Blackleaf
-1
#13
There's a difference between saying "Religion isn't important in my everyday life" and not having any beliefs. Just because you don't go to church or synagogue or mosque or temple everyday doesn't mean you don't believe in God (or you don't believe in whatever fake god or gods the Muslims, Sikhs and Hindus believe).

Many people also lie and say that religion isn't important in their everyday lives even though the opposite is true.
 
Angstrom
+1
#14
Interesting facts. Not a whole lot of innovation comes out of a happy population. They are all to bizzy updating Facebook to invent the next best thing since sliced bread.

Just as we now waist our lives chatting on forums, everyone in a miserable country is trying hard to just barely survive and are working on inventions and ways to make it easier.
 
Blackleaf
#15
Quote:

-1

It's true though, isn't it? I know my comments ended any joy and happiness the anti-religious minority, lots of whom are on this forum, may have momentarily had, but sometimes you just have to shock people into the truth. The truth does sometimes hurt.
 
Twila
+2
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by AngstromView Post

Interesting facts. Not a whole lot of innovation comes out of a happy population.

.


This is the funniest thing I've read in awhile. Best not have happy people. Best to have miserable people who produce products for people to work their lives on paying for. That's a lovely concept.

Just cause you think it doesn't make it so.
 
Cliffy
+1
#17
Actually, it is a fact that the happiest people in the world are the ones who live simply and work hard. In western capitalist societies, almost everyone is an indentured slave to debt. That is why they consume so much alcohol and cocaine: to numb the pain of their meaningless lives trying to fill the emptiness in their souls. You want to find truly happy people, you will find them living in a jungle without all the modern contraptions of a modern mindless consumer culture.
 
Angstrom
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Actually, it is a fact that the happiest people in the world are the ones who live simply and work hard. In western capitalist societies, almost everyone is an indentured slave to debt. That is why they consume so much alcohol and cocaine: to numb the pain of their meaningless lives trying to fill the emptiness in their souls. You want to find truly happy people, you will find them living in a jungle without all the modern contraptions of a modern mindless consumer culture.

Personally, I'm very happy with my life. But I''ve only achieved that by accepting that everything in our current life is simply a continuation/extension of our natural animalistic existence.

That's helped me move pass & simply accept life as it is.

It's helped me move forward too the part where I act on the things I control that will make me successful.

Winning is what I anchor my happiness on.

Winning at life.

I base winning on what I see every other animals doing. And that's called passing on you're DNA to as many children as you possibly can sustain.

Losing would be letting you're DNA go extinct.

Canada is a DNA grave yard atm.
 
taxslave
+1
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

There's a difference between saying "Religion isn't important in my everyday life" and not having any beliefs. Just because you don't go to church or synagogue or mosque or temple everyday doesn't mean you don't believe in God (or you don't believe in whatever fake god or gods the Muslims, Sikhs and Hindus believe).

Many people also lie and say that religion isn't important in their everyday lives even though the opposite is true.

How do you know one of them doesn't have the real gawd and yours is fake?
 
Angstrom
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Socialism doesn't work because it ignores that nature is a balance between yin and yang.
Capitalism work's because it accepts that nature is a balance between good and evil.
 
Walter
#21
Sweden and Denmark are countries not people.
 
Angstrom
#22
Even though these countries have eliminated much of the evil/yang from its population's lives through social programs.
It doesn't take into account what it has lost. Like its ability to compete internationally.

To name one of many
 
WLDB
+2
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by AngstromView Post

Interesting facts. Not a whole lot of innovation comes out of a happy population. They are all to bizzy updating Facebook to invent the next best thing since sliced bread.

Just as we now waist our lives chatting on forums, everyone in a miserable country is trying hard to just barely survive and are working on inventions and ways to make it easier.

No need for them if you're having a good time.

Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

How do you know one of them doesn't have the real gawd and yours is fake?

Because he says so.
 
Angstrom
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDBView Post

No need for them if you're having a good time.

And that's why we are still driving gasoline based vehicles and will continue to for a very long time.

There is no drive to make something better. Cause we are all doing well with what we already have.

So instead of making a new smarter vehicle we are sitting happy on a forum whining about the lack of a new smarter vehicle.
 
Cliffy
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by AngstromView Post

And that's why we are still driving gasoline based vehicles and will continue to for a very long time.

There is no drive to make something better. Cause we are all doing well with what we already have.

So instead of making a new smarter vehicle we are sitting happy on a forum whining about the lack of a new smarter vehicle.

Well then, get busy and make a smarter vehicle.
 
Angstrom
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Well then, get busy and make a smarter vehicle.

I'm to happy with my current life to make the sacrifice that huge difficult and painful enterprise would take.
If my survival depended on it then that would be different.

Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

This is the funniest thing I've read in awhile. Best not have happy people. Best to have miserable people who produce products for people to work their lives on paying for. That's a lovely concept.

Just cause you think it doesn't make it so.

You have no idea what I'm talking about.

It's a other deer lady moment.
Last edited by Angstrom; Nov 30th, 2014 at 01:52 PM..
 
WLDB
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by AngstromView Post

And that's why we are still driving gasoline based vehicles and will continue to for a very long time.

There is no drive to make something better. Cause we are all doing well with what we already have.

So instead of making a new smarter vehicle we are sitting happy on a forum whining about the lack of a new smarter vehicle.


I'm fine with that. There are those who are unhappy and will do that stuff.
 
Angstrom
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDBView Post

I'm fine with that. There are those who are unhappy and will do that stuff.

We have great happy lives to look forward too.

But don't expect things to change.

New ideas, innovation's are mostly born out of extreme difficulties and hardship.

We are spending all our time enjoying our lives.
 

Similar Threads

7
The world's happiest country.
by Blackleaf | Jul 17th, 2006
51
Americans are the happiest people on Earth
by Blackleaf | Aug 6th, 2005
no new posts