Water-fuel car unveiled in Japan

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
VIDEO: Water-fuel car unveiled in Japan

Global Research, June 30, 2008
Reuters

Jun. 13 - Japanese company Genepax presents its eco-friendly car that runs on nothing but water.
The car has an energy generator that extracts hydrogen from water that is poured into the car's tank. The generator then releases electrons that produce electric power to run the car. Genepax, the company that invented the technology, aims to collaborate with Japanese manufacturers to mass produce it.
SOUNDBITE: Kiyoshi Hirasawa, CEO, Genepax.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW VIDEO

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I'd love to see if it works! 80k/h might invite a bit of roadrage on the highway, but fuel cells will evolve into smaller and more powerful things fast. Somehow, I don't think it will be up to North American "safety standards" (read gas company friendly) and a Canadian winter may play havoc with it's fuel.

quandary121

Time Out
Apr 20, 2008
lincolnshire
uk.youtube.com
i heard of a guy in Australia that said the same thing about 10 years ago, he was scared and spoke of death threats he had received, and black helicopters flying around his house ,i guess this guy has no worries from western governmental agencies, or such like so is able to do this with out worries, but the guy in australia did invent something along theses very same lines using water.?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
i heard of a guy in Australia that said the same thing about 10 years ago, he was scared and spoke of death threats he had received, and black helicopters flying around his house ,i guess this guy has no worries from western governmental agencies, or such like so is able to do this with out worries, but the guy in australia did invent something along theses very same lines using water.?

Wasn't that cold fusion?

Woof!

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
.. and a Canadian winter may play havoc with it's fuel.

sounds like it would be good to -30, since it says it will take saltwater too. I seem to recall that being the freezing point of saltwater.

edited... it's apparently -21C

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
I live right across from the beach... I can just imagine walking to the ocean everyday to get fuel to go to work:) !

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia

He was living on the Sunshine Coast, South East Queensland, Australia. He had his car, motorbike and lawn-mower running on a water cell. He tried marketing it but was sent closeup pics of his kids getting on the schoolbus and was told to pull his head in or else.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
This is a hoax. It takes a known quantity of power to separate hydrogen from water. Unfortunately, there is no way to do it so that you have extra free hydrogen to power a car or anything else. This is like the old "perpetual motion" machines that people used to dream up. Don't invest any money in this swindle.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
This is a hoax. It takes a known quantity of power to separate hydrogen from water. Unfortunately, there is no way to do it so that you have extra free hydrogen to power a car or anything else. This is like the old "perpetual motion" machines that people used to dream up. Don't invest any money in this swindle.

Plus it can only use Perrier and Kosher salt.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I can't say it any better than this. Hint. Water is already a product of combustion.

All it takes is freshman physics to know this is a hoax.

Too bad all those gullible investors will be taken for a bundle of money simply because they never took freshman physics.

And no, there are no exceptions to the physical laws I'm referring to, regardless of what "top secret process" they claim to have. It's bogus. Period. End of discussion. Don't agree? Then take freshman physics and get a clue.

on edit: Need more proof? If these water-powered motors actually worked then the entire world's electrical power problem could be solved by building power generating stations next to rivers, lakes, and oceans for an unlimited supply of water. No coal burning generation plants, no nuclear, no natural gas plants, no hydroelectric plants. Overnight, all of physics becomes obsolete and we live in a free-energy paradise. Bull****!

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
the "electric" car is also a hoax.....it has to be plugged into "their" grid to recharge the batteries.....so you pay "them" still. This "electric" car has 4 wheels going around, can they not be a generator? All 4 of them going around should be able to generate enough energy to recharge the batteries. Oh, silly me.....aint no money in that.....

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
the "electric" car is also a hoax.....it has to be plugged into "their" grid to recharge the batteries.....so you pay "them" still. This "electric" car has 4 wheels going around, can they not be a generator? All 4 of them going around should be able to generate enough energy to recharge the batteries. Oh, silly me.....aint no money in that.....

What are you talking about Stretch. We weren't talking about electric cars we were talking about the mythical water fueled cars, and why they don't work......Or why they can't work. I wouldn't get too attached to water fueled cars because they are a complete scam.

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
a mechanic mate of mine back home ran his car using water injection.......it was a 1975 XB Ford Falcon GT. Don't expect you to know what that was, but you can look it up using www.anzwers.com.
anyway, he was getting around 35mpg from this "dinasaur" 351 Clevland engine

besides....I saw the documentry on the waterpowered car I mentioned above.....did you?

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
What are you talking about Stretch. We weren't talking about electric cars we were talking about the mythical water fueled cars, and why they don't work......Or why they can't work. I wouldn't get too attached to water fueled cars because they are a complete scam.
as are the "electric" ones..........

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006

And that goes back to physics and the water car. You drain batteries to use electrical energy for mechanical energy, you can't regain that. In a hybrid, you can regain energy spent on momentum from the kJ in your gasoline. In a plug-in you can do the same, and charge the batteries with your own energy if you build the solar panels, or micro-hydro, or wind-mills. Of course there is money for that. The price of gas will see to that shortly.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Gee ... I remember water-powered trains. We called 'em steam engines.

Seriousy, back in the very early 70's I recall reading something about a steam powered car that performed just about as well as small V-8. The vehicle was a 1969 Grand Prix and the engine was a cast-iron four cylinder GM block. A cylindrical upright boiler dominated one side (the passenger side) and a gas burner (can't recall the fuel) occupied the other. This was in the days when you could hold a party in the engine room. Nothing came of it because it did lack in power for the hot rod crowd (any self-respecting 283 would have blown its doors off) and by the time of the first energy crisis, nobody noticed it had ever been around.

Last edited: