Netfile overload

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Probably not a good thing to do. That is, wait until 8pm April 29 to try and file online. The bandwidth must be through the roof. I can't get in.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
speaking of unwise tax return choices.... Liberty Tax Service.

These people are just data entry, they don't know diddly squat about tax law. I don't dare spend the tax return we're getting, incase it's not really ours. The woman left us with so little faith as to a proper tax return that we left feeling like we should have just done it ourselves like usual.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
yi. That would be a bit nerve wracking. I used UFile - they're pretty straightforward. I've used them for a few years now, no complaints yet.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
yi. That would be a bit nerve wracking. I used UFile - they're pretty straightforward. I've used them for a few years now, no complaints yet.

We had income from two provinces, and capital gains from out of country that were insane to try to decipher (not like we didn't have to decipher it for her anyhow). We really weren't sure how it all fit into the typical U-file type return, which is what we normally do. So we figured we'd get an 'expert' to do them. Yeah... as if. I could do that job as well, by tomorrow.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
speaking of unwise tax return choices.... Liberty Tax Service.

These people are just data entry, they don't know diddly squat about tax law. I don't dare spend the tax return we're getting, incase it's not really ours. The woman left us with so little faith as to a proper tax return that we left feeling like we should have just done it ourselves like usual.

I think they have to pay if there is a mistake; so long as you didn't provide bad information. I know this is the case with H&R Block.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
The CRA has extended the NetFile deadline to May 6 because of the site issues.