Our Daily Poison

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
VIDEO - Super Size My Aspartame by trillion
aspartame is a poison in many of our daily foods. there is a great global awareness of it and its dangerous side affects, but it is still permitted in your food. NZer Abby Cormack is a sufferer of aspartame poisoning, but the NZFSA refuse to recognise her symptoms. Abby is taking a trip to USA to take part in a potentially dangerous experiment to prove to the world that aspartame is bad for us. SHE needs your support. and WE need to lobby to BAN aspartame in our country! DON'T EAT IT!

Posted Mar 24, 2008 10:17 PM PST
Category: SCIENCE/HEALTH
http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=Eep3PJ--Czc

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Aspartame and Rumsfeld's Disease- A Politically-Induced Biochemical Disaster Of Global Proportions [/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]'Donald Rumsfeld was known throughout the world as the zealous U.S. Secretary of Defense who is waging a global "war on terror" in search of "terrorists" and "weapons of mass destruction." Most people, however, are not aware that Rumsfeld himself unleashed a chemical weapon of mass destruction upon the world in 1981-and it is still out there destroying people all over the world. That "W.M. D." is aspartame and it has been scientifically and anecdotally linked to millions of chronic illnesses and deaths.'[/FONT]
http://www.opednews.com/articles/ope...and_rumsfe.htm

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
aspartame has its uses. And considering that products need to be clearly marked with their ingredient list, I don't find it hard to avoid at all. Thus, I vote with my dollars, and worry about more pressing issues than what someone puts in some processed crap.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Karrie

You're probably not terribly pleased with the findings of a research group recently who found significant quantities o drugs and chemicals (avoidable chemicals) in city water-supplies....

There's no getting away from "progress"....

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Karrie

You're probably not terribly pleased with the findings of a research group recently who found significant quantities o drugs and chemicals (avoidable chemicals) in city water-supplies....

There's no getting away from "progress"....

I'm not happy with it, but am I surprised? Hell no.

But that's a completely different issue.

Aspartame has uses for people with diabetes. Chemical tainted water is useful to no one. One I can easily avoid by just not buying processed foods. The other I'm stuck with.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Karrie

I don't know why we seem to be at loggerheads but I disagree with your premise...:)

It's not a different and separate issue by any measure!

Are you familiar with the term "agressive puberty", with the quantities of estrogen being fed youngsters and everyone else by burger joints...?

We may never know how much our lives have been altered by the chemicals we both voluntarily consume...burgers and the like...and those we have no practical means of identifying and adressing....

Were we more healthy as a species when food was grown naturally and our dependence on herbicides and pesticides and gentically altered foods was far less? How long does it take for a subtle but ubiquitous contamination to alter the well-being of the human race?

We can look at Viet Nam and see the product of dousing dioxins all over the place, we can see the effects of heavy-metal contamination nearly everywhere in the world, but for the more subtle...less evident kinds of contamination that we "accept" as part of our "normal" existence.... Will we ever be able to connect drugs and contaminants in our water supply with spikes and valleys in our study of diabetes or cancer or other diseases?

I think it's all the same issue, whether we knowingly contaminate our personal atmosphere and our local water supply or whether we ignore the impact of conditions we're told yield "prosperity" and wealth" at the expense of our planet.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Okay, your flow logic is kind of escaping me Mikey.

I don't think the gov would be right to pull aspartame when there are so many people who benefit from it because of their diabetes. And since I can easily avoid buying it, I really don't think that the gov needs to step in and protect me from it.

Chemical tainted water on the other hand, I can't avoid, and I think the gov stepping in and doing something there IS necessary. But the chemicals tainting the water have little to nothing to do with aspartame. So, I don't really see the link between this post and your examples.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Walter

How many hospitals existed before the Industrial Revolution?

How many X-ray machines saved lives during the Inquisitions?

How much longer might people live if we were focused on life instead of profit?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
As a fibro sufferer, when people say 'but we live longer now', I always think 'yay... so I get twice as long to spend half my days wanting to die because of the pain. Sweet.'

Living longer and living better.... not the same thing.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Walter

How many hospitals existed before the Industrial Revolution?

How many X-ray machines saved lives during the Inquisitions?

How much longer might people live if we were focused on life instead of profit?
The information I cited is for the last half of the 20th century.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Walter

And so?

As you've already pointed out, economics are cyclic in nature. Why do you suppose that is?

Could it be because (as example) education and technology are reserved in the name of the few...to yield profits and "superiority" over the peons whom we blame for wanting a quality of life we take for granted....who sneak into our countries through whatever means are available then work for the wealthy who keep their near slavery secret while disparaging the situation?

Think bigger Walt!

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Do you you know that a very small percentage of the fda approved allowable amount for human consumption causes tumors in lab rats.
So, don't feed your rats aspertame; let them get fat on sugar.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Nobody benefits from the intake of aspartame.... Do you you know that a very small percentage of the fda approved allowable amount for human consumption causes tumors in lab rats.

The steroid cream my daughter uses to try to keep the red welts down on her face doesn't benefit her either, except in an aesthetic sense. Steroids are hard on numerous systems in your body.

The anti-inflammatories I take cause damage to stomach linings (the damage may eventually lead to cancer) and kidneys. They make no difference in the long run for my health, they just make a couple hours bearable.

The perming solution/dye solution people use to attain a certain look are harmful and may cause cancer in the long run.

There are so many things in life Stretch that we weigh out in risk and reward. If someone with diabetes wants to risk cancer to enjoy a soda, that's their choice IMO.