Wife broke her toe today

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
sandy broke her small toe in the Bay...bunch of stuff fell off the shelf..pots....think i figured out how to speed up the hospitol gig.....grumble in ear shot of the staff that checks you into the emerg....how filthy the place is....then start talking about your worried that it is so filthy.....then start talking about how it's suppossed to be a hospitol......last time with mom 11 and half hours.....this time with sandy....2 hours and 10 minutes......

lena

Electoral Member
Feb 20, 2005
ab
OUCH..........I'm sorry that has got to hurt
xxxxkisses to make better but I'm sure she says the other @#$%^ still sorry :-(

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Doc, sorry to hear that man.

I know if I broke my toes, I would probably amputate them though. I would be afraid to present my fungus laden toe-digits to our esteemed medical peoples.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Broken appendages....I've had a few.....

But too few to remember.....

Mikey Sinatra....

Lot's of rest and healthy application of love and concern....

Call me in the morning....

Doc Mikey...:)

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Doc, sorry to hear that man.

I know if I broke my toes, I would probably amputate them though. I would be afraid to present my fungus laden toe-digits to our esteemed medical peoples.

Just be glad you weren't that fellow with the dead-body smelling feet that lived in Germany!8O

Er...you didn't reside in Germany recently, did you Durka?:lol:;-)

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Ouchie Doc

Toes hurt - for being such small little squirmers - they hurt and often stay broken because docs don't bother resetting them.... I hope she can keep it immobilized ... get her a big wonderful pair of fuzzy slippers like two beautiful big critters....make her feel loved

And she gets ice cream too!

Tip for ER - cough a lot - have big box of tissues and cough cough cough.... they'll move you along fast enough! Even if you aren't the person needing ER. Another attention getter is to start having conversations with yourself - loud, testy ones!

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
I've had conversations like that at the ER......no you haven't......I most certainly have.....what you thought I was listening.....oh go get a Twinky from the vending machine.....oh and now you're changing the subject.....no I'm not changing the subject......quiet that psychiatric patient is giving us the eye......

:)

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Ouch. And they can't set toes either. Have you considered legal action against the Bay? You should at least get some free stuff. (Why are you shopping at the Bay anyway? Like overpriced merchandice?)

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
Ouch. And they can't set toes either. Have you considered legal action against the Bay? You should at least get some free stuff. (Why are you shopping at the Bay anyway? Like overpriced merchandice?)
it's weird they took a report...then when she got home her toe wwent purple...when they were iceing at the bay for 20 minutes they mentioned that it wasn't purple...she phoned them and they told her to go to hospitol...they said someone would call .....

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
I've had conversations like that at the ER......no you haven't......I most certainly have.....what you thought I was listening.....oh go get a Twinky from the vending machine.....oh and now you're changing the subject.....no I'm not changing the subject......quiet that psychiatric patient is giving us the eye......

:)

LOL...loved the mikey sinatra diddy.....

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Youch! Looks like Sandy will be propped up on the couch and Doc will be Mr. Step 'n Fetch It. Hee hee ... tell Sandy to take FULL advantage. You know, Doc, sometimes it takes months for those toes to heal enough to do dishes, vacuuming, etc. ;)

daisygirl

Electoral Member
May 28, 2007
Ontario
Ouch. And they can't set toes either.

Not totally true. I broke my small toe two weeks ago. It was such a bad break that they put me in an air cast which I have to wear for another 3 - 5 weeks. I had to see the orthopedic surgeon last week about it and and then again in another 3 weeks. They keep checking to ensure that it is healing in the proper direction and that's the reason for the cast.

I have broken most of my toes at one time or another during my lifetime and have never experienced the pain that this one caused. By the pain alone, I just knew the break was different than what I had experienced before. Also, the entire top of my foot went purple, not just the toe.

Let Sandy know that she should take it easy and let you do all the work for a few weeks, at least. ;-)

Last edited:
May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
ya know you ladies just told me something.....Sandy and i are together since 91....in 95 she broke her leg badly.....i turned into chief cook and bottle washer......also had to bathe her and when her back would go out due to cast....well....forget about it.only durka would enjoy the details...the odd thing is certain jobs never actually went back8O......not the durka ones silly:roll:

in all fairness though it's for the best we are equal now...maybe thats why we lasted so long....

on that note ...it has taken several live in relationships to fully house train ole doc here.....it's weird but i can recall the different ladies that were sticklers for different things......like Sharron and her this is ajax....

daisygirl

Electoral Member
May 28, 2007
Ontario
Tell Sandy to stop breaking things! Surely she doesn't have to keep breaking her bones for you to get the message to help her out?

(Wow, bad break of the leg...I can't even begin to imagine the pain! I'm so glad she had you to help her...honestly!)

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Doc

Better get some pretty lounging outfits for her too..... she doesn't want to be lying around in her good outfits - something smooth and silky to be comfortable and pretty at the same time.....

Rest is the best..... absolutely no housework!! Especially no cooking or washing!

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
Doc

Better get some pretty lounging outfits for her too..... she doesn't want to be lying around in her good outfits - something smooth and silky to be comfortable and pretty at the same time.....

Rest is the best..... absolutely no housework!! Especially no cooking or washing!
You girls do have this secret club right?
Man i'm catching onto you all work for one another under the table...