The Coka Cola scam is back

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
No Coca Cola logo or nothing. These people actually get suckers hooked. Anyway, here's what I got in my mailbox:
COCA COLA COMPANY <kristinknit@charter.net>
show details
1:02 am (9 hours ago)
THE COCA COLA COMPANY
PROMOTION/PRIZE AWARD
DEPT:COCA COLA AVENUE
STAMFORD BRIDGE LONDON.
SW1V 3DW UNITED KINGDOM

THE COCA COLA OFFICIAL PROMOTION PRIZE NOTIFICATION.

We are pleased to inform you of the result of the just concluded
final draws held on (24th January, 2007) by Coca-Cola in conjunction with
the British American Tobacco Worldwide Promotion.Your email was among the
20 Lucky winners who won £1000,000.00{One Million Great Britain Pounds} each
in the THE COCA\COLA COMPANY 2007 PROMO.it was released today 31st
January, 2007and your email was attached to ticket number (7PWYZ2006) and
ballot number (BT:12052006/20) The online draws was conducted by a random selection of email addresses
from an exclusive list of29,031,643 E-mail addresses of individuals

Mr William Carpenter
22 Garden Close, Stamford, Lincs,PE9 2YP,London
United Kingdom
Email: claimofficers_11@yahoo.co.uk
Accept our hearty congratulations once again!

Yours Faithfully,
Management.
I almost replied with. "Well, as you've found my email address you can find my snailmail address and send me the million £ check. Take the postage and handling out of the million £."

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
No Coca Cola logo or nothing. These people actually get suckers hooked. Anyway, here's what I got in my mailbox:

I almost replied with. "Well, as you've found my email address you can find my snailmail address and send me the million £ check. Take the postage and handling out of the million £."

Heh heh, that's almost exactly what I usually send as a reply to any of these scams. Funny, I tend not to hear from them after that:)

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
It's funny that they think people might not notice the sender's email address. I'm sure Coca-Cola has their own email domain.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
There is another scam making the rounds: The one where you answer the phone and someone says,"Congratulations, you have just won a trip to wherever", just dial nine to get the details. I don't know exactly what the scam is, but I've gotten the phone call three times now. I haven't dialed nine....:)

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
probably some loophole that means that when u press 9 you've consented to a charge on your bill, and it'll keep u on hold for 3 hours

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
There is another scam making the rounds: The one where you answer the phone and someone says,"Congratulations, you have just won a trip to wherever", just dial nine to get the details. I don't know exactly what the scam is, but I've gotten the phone call three times now. I haven't dialed nine....:)

Apparently this is a scam directed at business lines that use '9' to get an outside line. The scammer has access to an outside line compliments of said business. Then they can call their relatives in Kokamunga.

:|