Consumerism - the New Religion of the NWO

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
http://socialconscience.com/articles/2001/consume.htm

Ha!! THIS is what I mean... Responding to ads is a sign of being controlled: If ads didnt work, they would not be made... and if they DO work, 'we' have been convinced to buy something we don't need, and therefore manipulated and under their control for a significant part of your life's doings.
... and on a large scale, thats a problem!! {Especially with what these corporate types have planned for the globe!!}

As consumers, we are propping up the most evil regime ever, with the potential to ruin the earth in their quest for more more more, and with the power to control every government on earth.

And, as I have said about advertising, there are thoughts being put into our heads with such expertise that we are not aware of our motives at times, whats driving us is the ads subliminal messages. More than trinkets or new cars, it involves our sexual habits, what we eat, and how we sleep and take care of our health

We spend like wild ninnies after watching TV. What does that say about your freedom, your self-worth and your personality?
Are you an automaton for responding to ads? Yup, by definition.

Thats why this article talks about RELIGION, and how our morals, behaviors, and the way we treat each other - things that the church used to guide us on - are now in the hands of corporations and bankers.

From global issues like WAR, to the most personal things, we are being controlled by the corporate culture. The less you are aware of this, the MORE you have been captured.

from the link above -
"Ten whole hours a day, we are bombarded with flash, hype, and products. Your stereo isn't loud enough, your clothes aren't bright enough, and you are not sexy enough.
There is nothing correct about your life, because you still haven't maxed-out your credit card. Your self-worth is your materialistic lifestyle.
Our entire life, from birth to death, is oriented in a fashion to direct the labor of our life to the wealth of a few individuals, your whole life is lived following your new Lord, international entrepreneurs.
These guys are getting richer and richer, and finding more and more ways to manipulate you to live for them.
These false idols are the new profits-prophets, the new Christs of the new religion, Consumerism. "

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
RE: Consumerism - the New

The most interesting thing I've discovered about TV commercials is that the vast majority of them involve some kind of deception or lying. Just watch how many moms are fooling their kids into eating something good, guys bring flowers to girls just to get their Levi jeans back, dad buying chicken and pretending to cook. It seems innocuous, but it bugs me that so many commercials are centred around untruths. Kind of a social comment, in my mind ... it's ok to lie.

Just an observation. :)