Cyclospora outbreak possibly linked to imported produce

tay
The bug is spread by people ingesting food contaminated with feces, which public health officials call poor toileting practices farm workers defecating in fields, or not washing their hands after a bowel movement, for example.

The federal government is advising Canadians to check where their produce comes from after an outbreak of cyclospora was reported in four provinces.

The Public Health Agency of Canada said 51 cases of the intestinal illness cyclosporiasis were recorded in Quebec, Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia between May and July this year.

The health agency added that previous outbreaks in Canada and the U.S. have been linked to produce like pre-packaged salad mix, basil, cilantro, raspberries, blackberries, mesclun lettuce and snow and snap peas

Symptoms include watery diarrhea, abdominal bloating and gas, fatigue, stomach cramps, loss of appetite, weight loss, mild fever and nausea. Cyclospora is a parasite that causes an infection affecting the small intestines and which can lead to "watery diarrhea, with frequent, sometimes explosive, bowel movements."

Cyclospora outbreak in Canada possibly linked to imported produce - Montreal - CBC News

lone wolf
I suppose a Johnny-On-The-Spot would eat into the profit margin....

darkbeaver
Stop importing dirty American food.

I check labels on food, no USA stuff.

MHz
+1
#4  Top Rated Post
Ozonated water rinse at home as it comes in the door. Check, pure silver in milk is supposed to help it stay fresh much longer than without. 5 lb won't extent that trait. It won't remove GMO changes. Community gardens for root type of plants should already be happening.
Last edited by MHz; Aug 12th, 2016 at 05:56 PM..

darkbeaver
We can get listeria burger in Ontaria and Calgary. Why buy American?

MHz
Listerne is a controlled substance out here. Right after they found out it was a perfect sqeeter repellent.

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

Listerne is a controlled substance out here. Right after they found out it was a perfect sqeeter repellent.

On another note....did you that "off" the mosquito repellent works just as good as release all for rusted bolts?

MHz
Window screen was my solution. I think I saw that on 'instructables'.

no new posts