Wal-Mart to close 269 stores

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious CdnView Post

Shopper'Drug Mart was purchased by Loblaws a year and a bit back. Presidents Choice food products are all over our local store, now and they are part of a much larger entity that is duking it out with Walmart in Canada in all sorts of markets. They are expensive but ours is open 24 Hrs.

Well aren't you special..

Grand Prairie Walmart Supercenter Hours and Services - Walmart.com (external - login to view)

24/7 accept the Pharmacy.

gopher
+1
Whoa, This Town Turned Their Abandoned Walmart Into A Library! You Won’t Believe How Big It Is!

blog.theliteracysite.com/aban...brary_01242016 (external - login to view)

What would you do with 125,000 square feet of empty space? (FYI, that’s the size of about 2 1/2 football fields.)

The City of McAllen, Texas decided to fill it with books. When their local Walmart went out of business, they saw it as an opportunity to create the ultimate community meeting place.

Any fears of being unable to fill the space were put to rest in the opening weeks. According to interim director Kate Horan, new registrations and book loans are “through the roof.”

“We used to be really busy on Sunday afternoons,” she said in an interview with Slate. “Now, every day is a Sunday afternoon.”

walmart4

The McAllen Public Library is now the largest single-story public library in the US. (The award for biggest outright goes to the Library of Congress.)

See how the architects achieved this amazing transformation in this video!

more .....

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

Grand Prairie Walmart Supercenter Hours and Services - Walmart.com (external - login to view)

It's 24 hours in the states too. But closed overnight in Ontario the Good. Us Ontarionians need our beauty sleep.

gerryh
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

Nope, over Christmas season, yes. Now, nope. I don't think there is a single Wal-Mart that is open 24/7 in Alberta.

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

It's 24 hours in the states too. But closed overnight in Ontario the Good. Us Ontarionians need our beauty sleep.

There are 24hr Walmarts in ON.

Ludlow

Walmart doesn't stay open 24 hours. Maybe there are some but in Phoenix,,the largest capital city in the nation , Walmart stores close at midnight and open up again at 6 in the morning.

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by WalterView Post

Where? Not in GTA that I can find.

Quote: Originally Posted by LudlowView Post

Walmart doesn't stay open 24 hours. Maybe there are some but in Phoenix,,the largest capital city in the nation , Walmart stores close at midnight and open up again at 6 in the morning.

West Virginia has some. Small little town near the beach in North Carolina has one. I assumed it was all over. Neither of those markets is bigger than Toronto (or Phoenix). Not sure why they would close in larger centres.

JLM

Colville, Washington (a city of 7000) too!

How many Walmart stores are there? My "stab in the dark" guess would be 269 is fewer than 1% of them.

Walter

Where? Not in GTA that I can find.

Major Mac & Bayview, as GTA as it gets.

petros
Walmarx

Ludlow
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Colville, Washington (a city of 7000) too!

How many Walmart stores are there? My "stab in the dark" guess would be 269 is fewer than 1% of them.

I never really counted but there are several . more than thirty I would guess in the metro area and the surrounding little towns. Seems like there is one around every corner.

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1 / -1

Major Mac & Bayview, as GTA as it gets.

I did not know that. I don't think I have ever shopped there. Been further north, and in Pickering, Scarborough (none of which are (or were when I was there) 24 hours. I did not think they did it in Ontario. Will keep that in mind.

(And thanx for the red.)

gerryh

I did not know that. I don't think I have ever shopped there. Been further north, and in Pickering, Scarborough (none of which are (or were when I was there) 24 hours. I did not think they did it in Ontario. Will keep that in mind.

(And thanx for the red.)

Which store is this IRBS, what area/neighbourhood.

Kreskin
We have a Walmart Superstore that is empty (of customers) half of the time.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

Which store is this IRBS, what area/neighbourhood.

Major Mac & Bayview is in Markham, ON. A 905 community north of city of Toronto. I live in Scarborough (an absorbed city) occupying the far east of Toronto, Pickering is a 905 community outside Toronto to the east. Is this what you are asking?

gerryh

Major Mac & Bayview is in Markham, ON. A 905 community north of city of Toronto. I live in Scarborough (an absorbed city) occupying the far east of Toronto, Pickering is a 905 community outside Toronto to the east. Is this what you are asking?

Ok, found it, and they are not open 24/7.

Walmart Richmond Hill Supercentre: | ON, Canada (external - login to view)

Just another example of walter talking out his a$$ and being wrong. Again.

IdRatherBeSkiing

I suspect he assumed December hours were year around. In December several Walmarts do go 24/7 as a lead up to Christmas.

JLM

Does Walter talk out of his A$$ any more than you do?

gerryh
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Does Walter talk out of his A$$ any more than you do?

Go back and show me where I have been wrong in something I have stated to be fact, or if I was wrong, show where I have not admitted it. Take your time.

I suspect he assumed December hours were year around. In December several Walmarts do go 24/7 as a lead up to Christmas.

Oh ya, I believe every Walmart in Calgary was open 24/7 over Christmas season. That is the problem with "assuming" though.

spaminator
our Walmart minimart isn't full size and isn't open 24 hours either.

Walmart Malton Supercentre: | ON, Canada (external - login to view)