Reddit user blames Canada Post for poor practises

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Reddit user blames Canada Post for poor practises
Ottawa Sun staff
First posted: Thursday, July 09, 2015 05:02 PM EDT | Updated: Friday, July 10, 2015 07:42 AM EDT
A picture of a forlorn package seemingly abandoned at the base of a Gatineau community mailbox became a viral sensation Thursday after an online blogger blamed shoddy delivery practises for a spate of mail misfortune.
The user blamed a "lazy" Canada Post worker for leaving the package, and says it accounts for three of his own packages that "Canada Post has lost."
"Over the past six months, Canada Post has lost three packages for me, all of which it claims to have delivered. I think I discovered the reason why today," the user wrote in a post to online forum site Reddit.
Other users quickly piled on with their own horror stories and the post's popularity shot up.
Canada Post has pledged to investigate.
Spokeswoman Anick Losier said Canada Post has confirmed the package wasn't intended for the photographer; the mail company still isn't even sure it was delivered by one of their staff.
"If it is us, certainly it's not appropriate," Losier said.
She said mail workers saddled with packages that are too large for community mailboxes are supposed to try to hand deliver them.
If the recipient isn't home, they are then supposed to find a safe place to leave it.
Failing that, mail workers are instructed to leave a card in the door and take the package to a nearby Canada Post outlet.
"In no circumstances is it acceptable for us to leave the package as it is shown there," Losier said.
-- Ottawa Sun staff
This photo of a forlorn and seemingly abandoned package attracted attention on an online forum Thursday after the poster blamed Canada Post for losing a number of his own packages. (GhotiHook, Reddit)

Reddit user blames Canada Post for poor practises | Ontario | News | Toronto Sun