Burning tracks from HD

colinito

Mar 29, 2009
South of Spain
Hello Everyone,
Being your newest 'newbie' I offer my greetings! I have the following problem, and would be very grateful for some input / assistance.
I have much ripped CD material on my HD.
I have burnt 2 CDs of one artist to a CD-R with no problem.
When I tried to burn the content of two ripped CDs of two different artists onto a CD-R, I was unable to do so.
The two ripped CDs had 65.6MB and 69.6MB respectively and I tried to burn them onto a CD-R of 700MB.
I have Windows Media Player 11 (which I used to rip the CDs with, using WMA format), Nero Burn ROM, Real Player and Burn4free(Which I cannot get to work!). None will allow me to put the content of the two different artists together. In fact, Real Player tells me that after the first 2 tracks of the second CD, 'there is no room'.
If you can help me to do this, I will be very grateful!

Thank you in advance,

Colinito.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Hello Everyone,
Being your newest 'newbie' I offer my greetings! I have the following problem, and would be very grateful for some input / assistance.
I have much ripped CD material on my HD.
I have burnt 2 CDs of one artist to a CD-R with no problem.
When I tried to burn the content of two ripped CDs of two different artists onto a CD-R, I was unable to do so.
The two ripped CDs had 65.6MB and 69.6MB respectively and I tried to burn them onto a CD-R of 700MB.
I have Windows Media Player 11 (which I used to rip the CDs with, using WMA format), Nero Burn ROM, Real Player and Burn4free(Which I cannot get to work!). None will allow me to put the content of the two different artists together. In fact, Real Player tells me that after the first 2 tracks of the second CD, 'there is no room'.
If you can help me to do this, I will be very grateful!

Thank you in advance,

Colinito.

It's been so long since I have but two cd,s together to make a single that I had almost forgoten the process (I now listen to mp3's mostly)
What is most probably happening is that after you "rip" the two cd,s into wma you might end up with only 65 and 69 MB...
I don't have a conversion table handy but normally and this is only approximate a 1MB mp3 or wma file coded at 128kbs will produce 1 minute of music, and a 700MB cd-r will record80 minutes of wavefile music......so do the math ....It would be physically impossible to put those two CD,s into one.....
But keep at it .....you'll get the hang of it:lol:

colinito

Mar 29, 2009
South of Spain
Burning tracks from HD

Thank you, DaSleeper, for your reply.
Forgive me if I say that it does not make sense!
Firstly, I don't understand the conversion mathematics of these things. and, secondly, I don't understand why I was able to put two CDs of one artist from my ripped items onto a CD-R and not the two CDs from the two separate artists onto another CD-R.
Never mind, I shall continue to look for answers to this strange problem! :?:

Colinito.