asking for help

henryhtc

Nov 30, 2008
hello there and greetings from scotland,
Ive just joined this board since I am looking for some help.

I am a technician working in a scottish secondary school who at present is trying to arrange a tie up with a canadian school for a joint english dept project.

a flyer has been put out to education depts on the eastern coast since time difference is important since ideally we are hoping that we might be able to arrange a live 'video conference' between the pupils who take part. This assumes that a school from canada comes forward.

anyway for my part im hitting hurdles with regards using the our councils video conferencing unit a polycom vsx6000 unit , ill not bore with the politics.

suffice to say Im looking for alternatives in the hpoe that if the project takes of we can come up with something that might wow the pupils a wee bit.

hence glorified web chatting using msn messeneger looks to be a good bet , the intention being that the two schools share a msn messenger contact address and have good quality webcams/ video cameras /microphones connectedto computer and the computers linked to lcd projectors.

for my part im not sure how good the quality is going to be when dispalyed on a large screen or wheter distance and even miniscule time delay might cause signal problems .

hence what I am looking for is someone in canada easter coast , who is prepared to trial this with me . I reckon with the time difference if a connection was established 3pm scotland time is would be breakfast time with you.

as I say this is a genuine flyer for help , hence please no spam or the likes.

I look forward to hearing from anyone out there ,

cheers

harry

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
We have excellent members in Atlantic Canada that are also `very computer savvy`. No doubt one of these people will contact you.

regards,
scratch

henryhtc

Nov 30, 2008
thanks scratch for the quick reply , hopefully someone will be ina a positon to lend a wee hand.

well cheers the noo
harry

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
harry,

I just (as an aside) wanted to let you know that I have been to Easter Buckieburn, Saucieburn, Falkirk, Edinburgh and Glasgow. I also have a friend that lives in Bishopbriggs.

rgs

scratch