Personal Websites

lysyfacet

Life is good!
Apr 12, 2007
Brampton, ON
Does anyone know where i can make a personal website for free? Like i good and somewhat exciting.

I have used friendpages, but i'm looking for something better, more developed and abit more options to work with.
Can any1 direct me in the right direction :)

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
How familiar are you with html? There are tons of free website template sites you can download and ftp into a free site. E.G. freewebtemplates.com. Then change the html to suit your content. Most all the free providers however have default advertising. I used netfirms.com many years ago. Don't know what it's like today.

lysyfacet

Life is good!
Apr 12, 2007
Brampton, ON
i am pretty good with HTML. That is actually how i organized and completed my friendpages site.
Here take a look...i haven't done anywork on it for about three years, but this is how it came out.

www.movingpictures.friendpages.com

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
What I don't like about free web hosts is, like you said, they don't come with much. Often no mysql database, some not even a cgi-bin. For paid hosting at a reasonable price the best I've ever used is canadianwebhosting.com . I've tried many. I don't think I've had more than 1 downtime occurance in the last two years. Some of the freebies out there are constantly down, even the paid hosts. Whatever you do stay away from mysitespace.com. They have a free service but they should pay people to use it.

lysyfacet

Life is good!
Apr 12, 2007
Brampton, ON
What I don't like about free web hosts is, like you said, they don't come with much. Often no mysql database, some not even a cgi-bin. For paid hosting at a reasonable price the best I've ever used is canadianwebhosting.com . I've tried many. I don't think I've had more than 1 downtime occurance in the last two years. Some of the freebies out there are constantly down, even the paid hosts. Whatever you do stay away from mysitespace.com. They have a free service but they should pay people to use it.

haha...alrity i won't even bother checking out that site then. And yeh, i guess you just have to pay to get more out of something. BUt like u mentioned, even those who pay still don't get the satisfaction they want.

lysyfacet

Life is good!
Apr 12, 2007
Brampton, ON
Without a server you cant start a forum. Servers range fron 54 a year to......mines 72 a year but I host 2 domains.

i'm not talking about a forum. Bust a simple website. And i have forum which i created using a forum server provider which is free. ************ allows you to make a forum for free. I have created one myself, and its doing ok. If you would like to see it pm me.