Vista voice recognition!

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
I am not typing. I am using the vista voice recognition program to talk two you. This actually works pretty well! You just have to speak with one or two words that a time. It makes using your computer a lot easier. So has anyone else used the vista voice software. To type all these words, has taken me 4 minutes. I think it would be easier just to type instead. Thanks, WMG.

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
I am not typing. I am using the vista voice recognition program to talk two you. This actually works pretty well! You just have to speak with one or two words that a time. It makes using your computer a lot easier. So has anyone else used the vista voice software. To type all these words, has taken me 4 minutes. I think it would be easier just to type instead. Thanks, WMG.

I think I'd preffer typing as well., except if I had a computer built into a big screen TV or something. Lay back on your coach and tell it what to do.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I personally think the voice recognition software is more useful to disabled people who have problems typing. Talking to my pc is a little too "geek", even for me.

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Yeah, I think the vista voice recognition program is for disabled people. But I just used it to type events!

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
background noise sort of screws it up.

But Vista is really different.

Alot more user-friendly too.

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
background noise sort of screws it up.

But Vista is really different.

Alot more user-friendly too.

You know if the noise is coming from the computer, in theory it should be able to do noise cancellation. Maybe it is not that advanced yet though.