Satellite Internet

Riyko

Electoral Member
Apr 29, 2006
Oakville, Ontario
ok so I finally have a chance to get something faster then dial-up. What's Satellite Internet like and what's the networking on it like also what it's like to set it up?

SlayerJake

May 7, 2006
Montréal
If you have satelite internet on your laptop I think you can have access to the Internet anywhere where cell phones have reception, which is basically anywhere except remote areas. I might be wrong though.

Riyko

Electoral Member
Apr 29, 2006
Oakville, Ontario
I finally got satellite internet, it's actually not that expensive it's $50 a month, but if we get the biggest package they have it'll be $70 a month.

Riyko

Electoral Member
Apr 29, 2006
Oakville, Ontario
We never got any information or an email about how much we can surf the net. So I'm sure I guess i'll find out if I almost waste all of it or waste all of it when the bill comes XD

dekhqonbacha

Electoral Member
Apr 30, 2006
CsL, Mtl, Qc, Ca, NA, Er, SS,MW, Un
I still think that it's too expensive. There are companies who offer the first 3 months free.
That's was my case. I used 3 month. I called them and wanted to cancel because I was going to swith to another company who would offer the first 3 months for free. But the first company offered me new price.
It's said that prices are not negociable. But sometimes they are.

Riyko

Electoral Member
Apr 29, 2006
Oakville, Ontario
For me besides satellite the only other choice I have is dial-up and for phone line with a home phone and the internet it was $80 a month