"Online Dating" is this a good thing?

Frito lay

Electoral Member
Feb 9, 2005
British Columbia
Is this a good thing?
I have been trying the online dating thing and discovered this sentence in a profile, am I shopping in the wrong store? "I live on Vancouver Island, I am single and expecting my first baby in October. Hmmmmm......

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
I like all of mom's avatars. They are never on their long enough to offend anyone that I can see.

Of course, I haven't had my cup of "shut the fu*k up" yet.

Please don't start dating a prego woman. You know she is only out for your money.

Online dating works tho. If there are 1000 single people right, some are on the bus, some are in the bar and some are online. Who cares where you meet them....

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Re: RE: "Online Dating" is this a good thing?

GreenGreta said:
Of course, I haven't had my cup of "shut the fu*k up" yet.

GGreta ... I love your comments! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, online dating works. I met Shell through Lava Life. Of course when we started communicating I thought she'd make a nice friend because she was too young for me (6 years my junior) but once we laid eyes on one another, the rest was history. Love at first sight. In 3 and a half years, hasn't diminished one iota.

Of course there were a couple of horror stories before I met her ... lots of weird folk out there, believe me!! But it paid off in the end. :)

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: "Online Dating" is th

I have never tried it as most sites will let you put up your profile but want money if you want to contact someone or to contact someone that responds to your profile. I am sort of leery about that.

Lavalife Cosmo? I must give them a try. :D

Frito lay

Electoral Member
Feb 9, 2005
British Columbia
Cosmo said:
Here ya go #1 ...

http://www.lavalife.ca/

I know a few people who have met their match there. I also know a few people that have found some bizarre human beings there. Same as any online site ... gotta be a bit cautious. :)
Single Women should definatley check out this site, in fact you should check out jojojitsoo as I have heard he is looking and is very nice, actually he is a very good friend of mine. on Lava Life or http://www.plentyoffish.com

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
swirling in the abyss of nowhere la
Re: RE: "Online Dating" is th

Cosmo said:
Keep us posted. I love a good love story! Ya, I'm a sucker for that shit.

Mine is rather interesting...given my and my partner's split stories from our previous relationships, we should have met on Jerry Springer. However, we met through his brother long before the splits occurred....yep, he was a hottie then too :D

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
swirling in the abyss of nowhere la
I think not said:
Well I would always make breakfast, if I had a good time that is :wink:

If I didn't, well then, meh, have a grapefruit and see ya later.

would you at least offer sugar with the grapefruit? sheesh, no wonder you have yet to figure out what song was playing.... :wink: