Websites alienate Firefox users

Judland

Electoral Member
Yes, not all Webmaster know how to code properly... and I personally think this issue is just lazy coding efforts.

That's one reason why I like using Konqueror. You can "spoof" different web browsers with Konqueror, making web servers think you're using a certain browser. :wink:

I do my taxes via an on-line tax service that only allowed IE to access the site. But, once I told Konqueror to emulate IE, the web site was none the wiser. So, ha ha on them! :p

thintom

Sep 10, 2005
Pouce Coupe, BC
I realize this is a bit late, but i just joined Canadian content, and being an avid user of open-source projects like the mozilla project, I can't stop myself from responding. I use Firefox exclusively, and use mozilla thunderbird as my email client. In firefox's menubar click >>Tools >>Extensions. In the bottom right corner of the window that appears is a link "Get More Extensions" Click that link, find and install "User Agent Switcher". Ther are tons more extensions there to choose from. One of the great things about firefox is you can make it as light, or as bloated as you want to. It's all about choices.
Judland wrote
I do my taxes via an on-line tax service that only allowed IE to access the site. But, once I told Konqueror to emulate IE, the web site was none the wiser. So, ha ha on them! Razz
I did mine using firefox.

Andygal

Electoral Member
May 13, 2005
BC
RE: Websites alienate Fir

I love firefox. I switched a few months ago and now I only use IE when I absolutely have to. No fripping annoying pop-ups!