I lost my D drive!

Bubble

Nominee Member
Jun 22, 2005
you know how you click <start> then <my computer> anyway whan i do that the D drive is gone! When i try to open it(it's a CD drive by the way) it doesn't open! Somebody help me.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Sounds like it went where all good CD drives go when they die...

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
As all things die, your CD drive did too.

It could be the power supply lead to the drive, but I doubt it.

Cd drives cost so little now, I recommend buying a new one and installing it after you remove the other one. Simply follow the directions, and all will be well again. (Lets hope anyways.)

Bubble

Nominee Member
Jun 22, 2005
By the way I asked my dad and he said that it's impossible for cd drives to die! I got it back by the way!

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Good...but I just threw away 6 dead CD ROMS...

I work for a computer hardware company.

Bubble

Nominee Member
Jun 22, 2005
then u should know the difference between a cd drive and a cd rom right lol!

Bubble

Nominee Member
Jun 22, 2005
ur forgiven. sometimes i mix up stuff like maybe i'll say mood gorning instead of good morning.

QMan

Jun 23, 2005
UK
www.carnevil.tk
before you give up on everything you should check device manager, the easiest way to get to it is probably control panel, system then click on the hardware tab and hey presto device manager, check under CD/DVD - ROM Drives, if one has a white cross in a red circle or a question mark in a circle then you should either enable the device again or download drivers, better yet give me th model number and i will even get them for you.

squinn

Jul 6, 2007
check it

I lost my d drive yesterday. when i looked at start----my computer--- it wasn't even there. in the device manager it said it was hooped. I restored my computer to 2 days earlier. Bingo there it is, working fine, large and in charge. I don't know what i did to lose it but i'm pretty happy i didn't buy another one! Snap! Nothing dies, it just changes states. I do not work for a computer company!!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
By the way I asked my dad and he said that it's impossible for cd drives to die! I got it back by the way!

It is very possible. Nothing lasts forever. Chances are it is dying right now. Usually the first symtom is flakyness (as yours just demonstrated).

As to why your computer didn't tell you -- thats a question best addressed to Mr. Gates.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
It is very possible. Nothing lasts forever. Chances are it is dying right now. Usually the first symtom is flakyness (as yours just demonstrated).

As to why your computer didn't tell you -- thats a question best addressed to Mr. Gates.

Ah...........Bubble posted over 2 years ago

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007

Your dad is incorrect. Any part of you computer will eventually crap out. It is called entropy, and it happens to everything.

ETA-DAMN! I fell into the same trap that Doug did!