Virtual Identity Theft??

Canucklehead

Apr 6, 2005
So I got home today and of course breezed through a few of the talkboards I visit and to my horror I see someone else using this name, Canucklehead, on Guardian Talk, which I have lurked/posted around on for the past 5 years(albeit as a different username).
Now, I know I can hardly lay claim to this username but it's very offputting to see someone posting things I don't particularly agree with and certainly wouldn't want to be confused with this other person. Silly as it may seem, it feels like ID theft of a virtual nature, mostly because the topic was political in nature vs. something innocuous like a music/hobby/interest/general insanity type board. I suppose had this 'twin' been posting things I 100% agreed with, I wouldn't have felt so...umm.. violated.

So, has this happened to anyone else here and how did you react when you noticed it?

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
No...but I Googled "Vanni Fucci", and one of my Canadian Content posts was on the first page...

The rest of the links were references to some dumb old book...

Canucklehead

Apr 6, 2005
:lol: :lol:

You're a celebrity now, Vanni 8) 8)

Ok peoples, The queue for autographs starts over there... :arrow: :arrow: "Community Centre" :p :p

Forgive this thread, it was the first time 8O 8) ... and completely unexpected to see it considering I tried for that name about 3 years ago and it was in use. I shoulda known the Guardian would recycle :oops:

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
It looks like I'm not the only Jo Canadian. My search gave me several that are mine, but apparently there's a bike.com or something run by a jo canadian...IMPOSTOR!!!

AirIntake

Electoral Member
Mar 9, 2005
First time this 'problem' happened to me was when I only went on BBS's by the name of Jaguar. Then I logged onto a BBS in the city and found that 'Jaguar' was already used (the bastard). I then changed to AirIntake and have been AirIntake ever since (~1996). I've never seen anyone else on the internet use my nick. I even have it on Xbox live. I don't really expect people to not use it though, its just up to me to make sure that I sign up using that name first. I guess there could be 'AirIntake' s out there on other boards etc, but when I google for it all I find is my posts, and car parts :)