Read this Please

snooker

Electoral Member
May 16, 2004
canada big apple
Hi guys and gals ... I been wandering for the last few weeks about loading this website forum , Where there is times when I can't load this forum site and it happen again this evening around 7 pm , Okay but this time the strange thing is my spyblocker gave me this error below ....

Blocked URL: auto.search.msn.com/response.asp?MT=www.canadiancontent.net/&srch=5&prov=&utf8
Resource: Default

This page has been blocked by SpyBlocker due to security
and Privacy concerns. Some Possible Reasons:
• Tracks or Profiles you.
• Gathers Private and Confidential Information from you.
• Installs software on your machine without your approval.
• Has Unsafe Content.
• No Content other than Advertisements and Popup windows.
• Contains a Possible Keylogger Program.

If you are sure you want to visit this site, click the link below:
http://auto.search.msn.com/response.asp?MT=www.canadiancontent.net/&srch=5&prov=&utf8

NOTE: The above link will open site with a protected proxy. You
should take due care regardless and open this link with caution.

snooker

Electoral Member
May 16, 2004
canada big apple
Hi guys and gals ... I been wandering for the last few weeks about loading this website forum , Where there is times when I can't load this forum site and it happen again this evening around 7 pm , Okay but this time the strange thing is my spyblocker gave me this error below ....

Blocked URL: auto.search.msn.com/response.asp?MT=www.canadiancontent.net/&srch=5&prov=&utf8

• Has Unsafe Content.

http://auto.search.msn.com/response.asp?MT=www.canadiancontent.net/&srch=5&prov=&utf8

snooker

Electoral Member
May 16, 2004
canada big apple

• Has Unsafe Content.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
The first thing I thought when I read this post was "WTF? OMG!" but after going and looking through it, it's easy to see that the URL is infact MSN and not CanadianContent.

Additionally, the error code listed was "DNS Error" which was the problem we had earlier on today. Our DNS server is now in order, but was fubared for the past day.

So, this is an advisory against the msn addin on your IE rather than anything about CanadianContent. It is a somewhat known fact that MSN tracks you via "passport".

If it was CC, it would link directly to CC and not to the domain of auto.search.msn.com :)

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
The first thing I thought when I read this post was "WTF? OMG!" but after going and looking through it, it's easy to see that the URL is infact MSN and not CanadianContent.

Additionally, the error code listed was "DNS Error" which was the problem we had earlier on today. Our DNS server is now in order, but was fubared for the past day.

So, this is an advisory against the msn addin on your IE rather than anything about CanadianContent. It is a somewhat known fact that MSN tracks you via "passport".

If it was CC, it would link directly to CC and not to the domain of auto.search.msn.com :)

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka

snooker

Electoral Member
May 16, 2004
canada big apple
Hi Andem ... Actually it was this forum site that I was trying to load , Not MSN , I too notice the first part MSN and this has me wandering whats going on , Now I do have this forum site on my links folder in the browser , which make it easier to load this forum site ...Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that the statement is true about Canadian Content , All I am trying to figure out is how to correct the problem and this is why I posted on your forum just to get the opinion of this forum , to correct the problem .... Maybe someone can explain how msn would end up in the url when i am trying to load this forum site ?? Thanks

snooker

Electoral Member
May 16, 2004
canada big apple
Hi Andem ... Actually it was this forum site that I was trying to load , Not MSN , I too notice the first part MSN and this has me wandering whats going on , Now I do have this forum site on my links folder in the browser , which make it easier to load this forum site ...Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that the statement is true about Canadian Content , All I am trying to figure out is how to correct the problem and this is why I posted on your forum just to get the opinion of this forum , to correct the problem .... Maybe someone can explain how msn would end up in the url when i am trying to load this forum site ?? Thanks

snooker

Electoral Member
May 16, 2004
canada big apple

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
snooker said:

It is because for the past 24 hours or more, the DNS server for this domain name has been on the fritz. For the past 6 hours (before 10:45pm EST), the DNS has not been resolving, so it was impossible to resolve canadiancontent.net to 207.44.220.123 (the IP address of the server). Because of that, your browser showed an error page on the msn.com domain name at auto.search.msn.com. It was not, infact, a page on canadiancontent.net because it was impossible to resolve the hostname.

Therefore, upon being directed to the default msn.com error page, your spyware software saw you were accessing auto.search.msn.com and gave you the warning.

It was never a warning for canadiancontent.net, but a warning because you were directed to auto.search.msn.com which is known to track people.

Hope this clears it up.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
snooker said:

It is because for the past 24 hours or more, the DNS server for this domain name has been on the fritz. For the past 6 hours (before 10:45pm EST), the DNS has not been resolving, so it was impossible to resolve canadiancontent.net to 207.44.220.123 (the IP address of the server). Because of that, your browser showed an error page on the msn.com domain name at auto.search.msn.com. It was not, infact, a page on canadiancontent.net because it was impossible to resolve the hostname.

Therefore, upon being directed to the default msn.com error page, your spyware software saw you were accessing auto.search.msn.com and gave you the warning.

It was never a warning for canadiancontent.net, but a warning because you were directed to auto.search.msn.com which is known to track people.

Hope this clears it up.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
snooker said:

Hope this clears it up.

snooker

Electoral Member
May 16, 2004
canada big apple
Okay I understand that your server was down and there no way to load in once thats the case , but what I don't get is why would the broswer redirect to auto.search.msn.com and not just give me the page can't be display error instead ??

snooker

Electoral Member
May 16, 2004
canada big apple
Okay I understand that your server was down and there no way to load in once thats the case , but what I don't get is why would the broswer redirect to auto.search.msn.com and not just give me the page can't be display error instead ??

snooker

Electoral Member
May 16, 2004
canada big apple

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
It is a default for Internet Explorer so it can give you updated 'tips' in choosing other web sites to visit, or just to advertise msn.

Who knows why Microsoft does some of the things they do!

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
It is a default for Internet Explorer so it can give you updated 'tips' in choosing other web sites to visit, or just to advertise msn.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka

snooker

Electoral Member
May 16, 2004
canada big apple
Well okay thanks for your help any ways Andem , though I am going to ask around as to why IE done that , I'm curious to know , Will keep you posted if I find anything out ...

Okay I now I have a good idea what happen , When your server was down I try using google serach engine to log into canadiancontent , but what must of happen was I ended up some how from google to msn , Also where as you say MSN is known to track people , which is true , I try very much to stay away from MSN , I don't use anything thats got to do with MSN , no home page , no messenger or what not ... So when my spyblock program came back and gave me this error , I thought it was strange to see because I never gotten any errors before from Canadiancontent , Some how I didn't realize that google redirected me from google to msn , My mind must of been some where else ( NFL ) , Though I'm glad now that I know why it happen , I just gotta watch out for google next time around , No more MSN crap ... Any ways , Thanks ! Andem for trying to assist ...

snooker

Electoral Member
May 16, 2004
canada big apple
Well okay thanks for your help any ways Andem , though I am going to ask around as to why IE done that , I'm curious to know , Will keep you posted if I find anything out ...

Okay I now I have a good idea what happen , When your server was down I try using google serach engine to log into canadiancontent , but what must of happen was I ended up some how from google to msn , Also where as you say MSN is known to track people , which is true , I try very much to stay away from MSN , I don't use anything thats got to do with MSN , no home page , no messenger or what not ... So when my spyblock program came back and gave me this error , I thought it was strange to see because I never gotten any errors before from Canadiancontent , Some how I didn't realize that google redirected me from google to msn , My mind must of been some where else ( NFL ) , Though I'm glad now that I know why it happen , I just gotta watch out for google next time around , No more MSN crap ... Any ways , Thanks ! Andem for trying to assist ...