problem with IE and links

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
Hi, I have a problem with IE......when I click on a link, say in an email or any link that opens up in a new window, the window just comes up blank, any ideas why?
Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Stretch

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Stretch said:
Hi, I have a problem with IE......when I click on a link, say in an email or any link that opens up in a new window, the window just comes up blank, any ideas why?
Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Stretch

Do the windows come up with something like "About:Blank" in the addressbar? This sounds like one of those bugs in IE that I always come across, like right now, when I'm looking at a web site with frames and I use the menu navigation, it will open up in the whole window rather than opening in the side frames like it should.

IE is very bugging and I can't think of anything to fix it directly except for doing updates or *sigh* reinstalling windows and getting the bug at the source, since IE is built-in.

Try microsoft.com support and search their DB.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Hmm, strange. Here's a few things you can try in order to restore a working IE.

- Scan and remove spyware. These things always mess with IE.
- Make sure your system is upto date.
- Scan for viruses.
- Switch to Opera :D :D :D :lol:

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Ahah, I think I found a solution for you.. If it the same concept of opening urls from Outlook, here you are:

Links in Outlook Express Stop Working
When you click on a link in Outlook Express either nothing happens, or when you open a link in a new window all you get is a blank page. The solution is fairly painless, all you need to do is re-register the URL monitor. Click on Start | Run and enter: "REGSVR32 URLMON.DLL" (without the quotes). You should then have a dialog tell you that the procedure was completed. Next, fire up Internet Explorer and Click Tools | Internet Options | Programs | then click the "Reset Web Settings" button. Now, check to see if Web links work like they should in your e-mail client. With any luck, you'll have returned your system to normal.

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
You're a bloody genius mate!!!!!! I owe you a beer, thanks very much Andem
MUCH APPRECIATED MATE!!!!!