I need some feedback...

Isengard

Electoral Member
I'm making a presentation to a potential client this week end, I've made a quick preview of the feeling I'd like to give to his web site, he's an hairstylist. I'd like some feedback about what I've done so far, what would be your reaction if you came across this web site, would you quickly press ALT+F4 or you would take the time to navigate it to see what it has to offer?

Any constructive comments are welcome!

Thanks for taking the time :)

Here's the link:

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Whoa, that is a cool looking site. I would definitely take time to explore it further. Nice clean layout, good font, nice use of shade on shade, very striking photography. I like it.

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
That is one beautiful site, Isengard. It's simple and subtle, but all the more striking for that. (cool use of alliteration, eh? It was unintentional - really!)

I, too, like the colours. Very easy to look at.

Very classy.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I like the general idea of the site, it looks nice and clean. The photograph is a nice touch.. But I believe there should be more of a contrast between colours.

What I mean is that the background is that brown and the main horizontal bars enclosing the content is ... hmmm, also brown, just a lighter shade. I'm just very bored by the colour brown and I'm sure a lot of other people are.

Maybe try playing around with the colour scheme?

Other than that, it's a simple and refreshing style.

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
Oddly enough, Andem, the colour is what grabbed me. I like the harmony with her hair colour and skin tones.

And I'm not usually much of a beige person.

Isengard

Electoral Member
RE: I need some feedback.

Thanks for your comments LadyC and Andem. Andem, I took notice of your comment about the colors, I don't know yet if I'll modify the colors but I'll try different combinations, maybe put some kind of green in there, I dunno...

Anyway, thanks for taking the time! :)

EternalSunshine

Electoral Member
Jun 3, 2004
Montreal
I like it a lot, it`s very elegant, and that`s the image a good hair salon should go for. :wink:

If you want a touch of color, try a dark shade of red for the font (the color of the girl`s lips) rather then introducing yet another color.

Isengard

Electoral Member

Spoke to the client, he liked it a lot! He must speak with his wife and he'll get back to me! I didn't even need to mention what Haggis said about him being nuts! :wink:

Thanks everyone for your input! It's appreciated :)

Isengard

Electoral Member
Well Haggis, seems that the guy is a nut! He just wrote me to tell me that he liked what I did but after some deep reflexions he chose to give the job to one of his client from work. Too bad! I was too "expensive" for him, I'm sure of it! If I found out that he made the other person do a site just like mine, I'm gonna hack his web site until he's tired and put it off line :twisted:

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Isengard said:
Well Haggis, seems that the guy is a nut! He just wrote me to tell me that he liked what I did but after some deep reflexions he chose to give the job to one of his client from work. Too bad! I was too "expensive" for him, I'm sure of it! If I found out that he made the other person do a site just like mine, I'm gonna hack his web site until he's tired and put it off line :twisted:

Oh, definitely you should keep an eye out, sounds as though he might very well do just such a thing. I like your plan of retaliation... or you could send a legal-sounding letter to him signed by a 'lawyer' threatening him with copyright infringement. Do you date-stamp your documents in case something like that happens to you?

Isengard

Electoral Member

I didn't put a date on the web page I've done for the presentation but I did on the documents used for the detailed steps of the creation process.

I guess I'll just have to wait and have a look at what will be done!

A legal letter sounds cool too :) Might scares him a bit !

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Re: RE: I need some feedback.

Isengard said:
I didn't put a date on the web page I've done for the presentation but I did on the documents used for the detailed steps of the creation process.

I guess I'll just have to wait and have a look at what will be done!

A legal letter sounds cool too :) Might scares him a bit !

It can be amazingly effective. The bastard deserves it, too, if he pulls a stunt like that. You can use all sorts of official sounding words. He really can't use the pages if they look too much like yours, it really is infringement, but it would just be a lot cheaper and faster to send a bogus letter signed by a bogus lawyer. You can scoop the name of some hotshot lawyer online from another city. The odds of the guy ever actually checking are slim to none. I have a friend who managed to weasel out of a speeding ticket in Washington State doing this very thing. He just looked up the name of some lawyer in Seattle, wrote a letter, signed the lawyer's name to it and voila, no speeding ticket.

Ahem. Your client doesn't happen to read this forum, does he? :cool:

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Isengard, the chances of him getting someone else to steal your actual design are slim. They are still there, however. If there's any problems, send me a PM and I can help you out with some resources on stopping this guy.

Haggis` idea is very feasible.

Unfortunately, I have had my work ripped before. Sometimes they don't even change my comment tags in the html. It's not the case with you, I know, but just keep proof that you came up with it first.. Any saved emails with headers intact are ideal.