Doom 3, how is it?

Isengard

Electoral Member
Thanks Andem! I've just installed the game, unfortunately my video card sucks, so I guess I'll have to buy another to enjoy this game at highest resolution... Anyway, it seems cool from what I saw so far, all the people screaming in your earphones, that's pretty scary... I'll give you more as I move forward into the game :)

Isengard

Electoral Member
Well I'm almost done with Doom, nothing surprising there, still like other doom/quake games, run, shoot, find keys...

I give an excellent note to the fear factor of this game, there are some really scary parts in this game. I get a lot of goose bumps, you hear voices of women, baby crying, men laughing... you look everywhere and there's no one to be seen...8O Play it in the dark with headphones!! One annoying thing is that you're in the dark 85-90% of the game, it kinda gets boring after a while.

That's it for now, I'll give more feedbacks when it's over if something worth mentionning comes up!

homer

Sep 18, 2004
Middle Musquodoboit, NS
Re: RE: Doom 3, how is it?

Isengard said:
Done, nothing to add to my previous commentary, if you're a die hard fan of the Doom/Quake genre, I recommend it for you, if you're looking for a game with some puzzles and a good storyline, buy something else!

I agree. I just finished it myself. The mirror scene where the screen turns red really freaked me out. I nearly jumped out of my skin.
The game has nothing new though and is not the gaming revolultion it was hiped up to be. I enjoyed it but I was kind of disappointed that the story line was not better and it does get kind of boring after awhile.

Can't wait to give Half Life 2 a try. If it ever comes out. :(