Records to digital

bogie

Electoral Member
Jun 21, 2002
Barrie, ON Canada
maltesefalcon.bogart.com
Need Freeware/shareware software for copying "records" (yep the groovy plastic discs) to digital format.

I'm running WinXP Pro with a "Sound Blaster Live! Value", and a ASUS V9520 Video Suite FX5200. I mention the video as it has multiple physical input modes available because of the video (like RCA plugs).

And, if anyone has done this before, any comments or suggestions/hints, would be appreciated :D

bogie

Electoral Member
Jun 21, 2002
Barrie, ON Canada
maltesefalcon.bogart.com
Thanks for the links, but now I have to figure out why my patch cords aren't working to the sound card :(

The cords themselves are fine, as I can hookup speakers to them and they work, but, sound card doesn't seem to recognize them.

Oh well, always a challenge of some sort!

undergradNITZ

Electoral Member
Aug 6, 2004
Toronto
near the bottom right i think there should be something that says "advanced" or something...if you click on that there will be some new options on the main program selection...

bogie

Electoral Member
Jun 21, 2002
Barrie, ON Canada
maltesefalcon.bogart.com
Ahah ... I've only got Nero 5.

One program I downloaded, from your link Isengard, is a good shareware program (only $7 if I decide to purchase), looks good. Even detects silence between tracks on the record and makes seprate music files from each piece.

But, alas, gotta get the sound into the PC first :(

Mic works on my PC, but, for whatever reason, can't get the sound from the turntable to work on the PC. Using the headphone jack from the turntable. Headphones and speakers work fine, but not this patch cable. Possibly my sound card (more than likely). Might switch to the onboard sound and see if that works instead.