Canon s520 printer and black...

Isengard

Electoral Member
While I'm here I'm gonna ask about my problem. My printer doesn't print black, yes my cartridge is full and it is not dry, it is perfect. First I thought it was a problem with Windows XP so I set up a comp with Win 98, same problem. Could it be the printing head? Even though I can print any other colors?

Anybody met this problem before?

Thanks

gnuman

Electoral Member
Dec 4, 2002
Montreal, Quebec
No it does not help......

You sure you removed the tape at the bottom of the cartridge?

Try printing just plain text in Notepad and remove your colour cartridge to make sure its working fine.

Isengard

Electoral Member
gnuman said:
No it does not help......

You sure you removed the tape at the bottom of the cartridge?

Try printing just plain text in Notepad and remove your colour cartridge to make sure its working fine.
notepad
fgdkjfghkj

The tape is not on, the cartridge is ok. I did as you said and print without the color cartridges and from Notepad. The printer works just as if it was printing but I only get a blank page....

Thanks

Any other tip?

Johann

Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg
isengart,

there is a function to clean the printer head and i am 100 % sure that your problem is a clogged up printer head. if the automatic printer head cleaner does not work then try cleaning it off with a papertowel and rubbing alcohol. dont drench it just try using a little bit. you should get some black into onto the papertowel. let it dry for 2 secs and then go ahead and clean the printer head with software. then go ahead and try to print.

gotit

Nov 24, 2006
Canon s520

Maybe it's all taken care of by now, but it might help others.
S520 has the printer head built in. So when you replace the cartridge you are not replacing the printer head.
Now, if the printer head is damaged, used up or jammed with dry ink, that is it for the printer. Time for a new printer cartridge.