Tech - What would you like to see?

gnuman

Electoral Member
Dec 4, 2002
Montreal, Quebec
I just want to know your feedback of cc.net/tech aka the tech page of this website.

Are you people really interested in downloads or would you like more focus on reviews\howtos and other stuff? Or less focus on downloads and more time spent on articles?

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. BTW the ppl who respond will get absolutely free any Freeware licensed program :D jk

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
By the way, if you'd like to submit an article, you can email it to editingroom at canadiancontent dot net! :D Tutorials, writeups, reviews, etc.

Feedback is appreciated :D Cheers!

Nontechguy

Aug 8, 2004
Toronto
Its not a tech stuff but i think what would be really great to have would be a forum on consumers report and there problems they have with whatever product they have purchased in the past or present ... You know what i mean ? Good example would be Andem and his problem he has with Dell laptop , he could write about it and i myself had purchased a logitech webcam (quickcam) what a piece of garbage that was ... If there was a forum where others could write about and read about what to watch out for when buying a certain product i think would be cool ... But the question i really want to know is can you have such a forum ?

masalla

Jul 29, 2004
Vancouver
I often think the input from users of software is way more important than the spin printed in the magazines. For instance, I once read a review of WordPerfect where the writer talked about features of the version he was reviewing. Those features were standard in WordPerfect and not new at all. It turned out the reviewer used Microsoft Word and wasn't aware of those features!
Other times I have bought programs and the use was not as reviewed.
I would like to see what people think of the programs they buy when in use.
Thanks

bogie

Electoral Member
Jun 21, 2002
Barrie, ON Canada
maltesefalcon.bogart.com
Neato - never saw that section before 8O

Gonna hafta glance through it before offering any opinion!

I know this next comment belongs in the Trivia thread, but I can't resist putting it here:

"Allodoxaphobia" is the fear of opinions.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
There we are, Nontechguy. There's a new forum here now called "Consumer Awareness" which is just for what you suggested. It's been on the todo list for a while and it's finally up. So if you have any complaints about a product, just post your story :) That's what I'm going to do now.