uncap terayon

Bob Carrick

Electoral Member
Jun 13, 2002
Uncapping is wrong, and actually becoming illigal. Websites can be held responsible for the theft of service caused by uncapping so we will not discuss it here.

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
uncapping

Why do all these jokers post that its wrong to uncap your cable modem do you all work for shaw you jokers besides if I own my modem which i do I can do whatever the shit I want to it and it will stand up in court and has........ so go suck a lollipop and stop your whinning if you ban all your clients wheres your income I hate bad business and thats a bad business practise if the users of your system know more about it than you do you should call them and ask them for ideas or help not ban them

Bob Carrick

Electoral Member
Jun 13, 2002
Actually it will not stand up in court because you are not paying for a 10 meg service, you are paying for a 1.5 meg service, or what ever your ISP advertises. So when you uncap you are actually stealing service. This is not about changing your modem and how that will get you in trouble with your ISP it's about actually stealing service from your ISP and that is what is against the law and no argument you can give will get you off if you where charged.

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Actually, Rogers has no way of knowing, since some areas are purposely left uncapped. Such as areas that use old LANCity modems. I myself have researched uncapping with Rogers, and there is almost no way you can get caught, considering Rogers.