Uniserve DSL

Shmad

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Cache Creek, BC
www.justrant.com
Anyone had Uniserve DSL line? Im curious as to the performance of this line and its a very very damn good deal. Please let me know any pluses and downs of their service. Thanks guys :!:

Shmad

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Cache Creek, BC
www.justrant.com
Yeah, speed beyond that isnt a huge factor in my choice at this point, if the service is decent I'll upgrade to a higher plan at a later time. Going to give them a call to get it setup here in a few days. Will post some feedback here and on canadianisp.com once I've had it for a bit.

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Uniserve ASDL is available in more places now. New to the Sunshine coast noth of Vancouver for instance.

UP here, our connection of both dialup and ADSL has a latency issue: click and wait.....40 seconds. ONce out of every 5 clicks. DSL l;oads pages faster, but incinsistance i=of the latencey is AGRAVATING.

What should we expect in this retirement suburb? We should be so happy to get whats pout on pur plate.

I am the only one I know about who has writen about this issue (there I just said it...it's written about). Uniserve customers arn't the type to complain, I guess. I wouldn't either, except I do computer repair, and its everyone problem. Tech support denies any latency issue, gives me standard BS about modem drivers. They even lie to my dear ol' Mum. A Lie! They have to know! And that rubs me the wrong way.

1100 down 450 up.
But thats after waiting 40 seconds 1 time out of 5 on DSL. Telus DSL is smoother.

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Re: post above, dsl timeout/latency:

I've fixed my DSL timeout/slow/latency issue which resulted in extenseive waits for pages to load. Problem solved. (dialup timeout is however awaiting resolution)

I've bound my ethernet card to an specific IP and subnet .

Here's the link with instructions quoted here:

http://www.carricksolutions.com/pppoe.
php#15quote begins:
15. I notice a slower boot time, or delays / Blackouts or Time-outs while waiting for webpages to load.

Generally this is Windows looking for a DHCP server, it does this every ten minutes or so, causing your web browsing to freeze for 30 seconds or so.

Windows 95, 98, ME
1. Right click on Network Neighborhood (My Network places)
2. Choose "Properties"
3. A new window will open
4. Highlight the TCP/IP bound to the Ethernet card that is connected to the DSL Modem
5. Click "Properties"
6. Choose the "IP Address" tab, specify, type 192.168.0.15
7. Set the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0
8. "OK"

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Thank you Uber for your signature link to carricksolutions.com in your post. I was curious, checked it out and ~whoa!: I never would have though to check the enternet software developers page for dsl solutions.

DSL is new to me. So, thanx.