gta3 so slow

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
why cant i get gta3 to run smoothly? its always so slow and i have a amd 1900+ with a 64mb video card agp 4x with ddr memory

Shmad

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Cache Creek, BC
www.justrant.com
GTA 3 is believe it or not, a pretty crappy game. I've a friend with a 2Ghz system, and a Radeon video card, and it runs kinda slow and the graphics are pretty crappy as well.

Game play isnt that good either. Of course the slowness and the crappy graphics could be a by-product of running it under Windows XP. I've not heard from anyone whos tried running it under Windows 98/ME, but I would assume although they might fair better with video, the game would still be quite choppy.

Seems like they wrote this thing for a supercomputer or something. I know many people who are greatly displeased with GTA 3.

On a side note, GTA2 (also a piece of crap).. but GTA the original is still a fun little game, even though the graphics might be somewhat elementary, its still a fun little game (I just run around killing all the cops.. ahh) :p

daTerminehtor

Jun 15, 2002
Backpacking across Canada
GTA3 crap?

I run it under XP Pro without problems. You need to update XP with a patch. The info on this is available on GTA3's website.

I don't have a "supercomputer", but, I do have an Asus P4T-E with i850 chipset, 1gig RIMM and the Asus 8460 Ultra 128mb graphics card. The Audigy Platinum and Inspire 5.1 digital 5700 series speakers don't hurt either.

No slow or crappy graphics. Check the patch, I DID have a problem at first, but, after installing the patch, no probs.

Shmad

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Cache Creek, BC
www.justrant.com
Re: GTA3 crap?

daTerminehtor said:
I run it under XP Pro without problems. You need to update XP with a patch. The info on this is available on GTA3's website.

I don't have a "supercomputer", but, I do have an Asus P4T-E with i850 chipset, 1gig RIMM and the Asus 8460 Ultra 128mb graphics card. The Audigy Platinum and Inspire 5.1 digital 5700 series speakers don't hurt either.

No slow or crappy graphics. Check the patch, I DID have a problem at first, but, after installing the patch, no probs.

Yeah we tried the patch, it improved game play a little bit, but not really too much, system specs far exceed minimum requirements, and after playing the game for a few hours... its not really that good :)

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Internet is frustratingly slow today out here in the boonies. Don't know why.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
'Slow' is the speed the loco collective adopts new facts. Please update your use of that term to reflect that speed.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Internet is very fast today. I suppose yesterday was an upgrading day for Bell.