Dear YouTube

tay
+2
#1
Would you please stop offering me videos I would never watch.

Just because I watched a part of a video for 10 seconds does not mean I am interested in that subject or the poster.

The reason I only watched it for 10 seconds is because I did not like it. And no, I don't want more suggestions to similar videos.

Thank you........
 
DaSleeper
#2
Just clear your cache, and youtube will forget what you watched before......
 
Mowich
+3
#3  Top Rated Post
Those stupid floating video commercials that pop up all over your screen when you are trying to read a news story are my pet peeve of the moment.
 
Danbones
+1
#4
lol
just say no

Quote: Originally Posted by MowichView Post

Those stupid floating video commercials that pop up all over your screen when you are trying to read a news story are my pet peeve of the moment.

...I have an entertainment computer doing tunes
and i keep my volume off while I surf news on my wreading writing writhmatic computer

the weathernetwork is my pet peeve for ads and stories blasting a minute or two after the page loads...just when you think you are safe....

err..well, 5 computers are under the table, sometimes they are all doing something...
( they all go video to the back of the big screen, and the audio goes to a switch box, and then the stereo)
there is an e bin just down the street...
people are always throwing away good stuff I can add to the pile
lol
costs about 5 bucks a month to run the whole pile 24/7
Last edited by Danbones; Dec 26th, 2016 at 01:01 PM..
 
Ludlow
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by MowichView Post

Those stupid floating video commercials that pop up all over your screen when you are trying to read a news story are my pet peeve of the moment.

Yeah I get tired of those myself
 
Murphy
#6
I send them to you.

My voyage began years ago, when I traveled through the air and impacted your skull. I wanted control of your subconscious mind. I accomplished this by landing on the right hemisphere of your brain in search of a convenient sulcus. Then, I burrowed through your cerebral cortex, stopping in your isocortex. I live here, deep within this soft tissue, messing with your neurons and sending strange messages through your cortical columns, in order to mess with your conscious and subconscious mind.

I also do kid's birthday parties.
 
Ludlow
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by MurphyView Post

I send them to you.

My voyage began years ago, when I traveled through the air and impacted your skull. I wanted control of your subconscious mind. I accomplished this by landing on the right hemisphere of your brain in search of a convenient sulcus. Then, I burrowed through your cerebral cortex, stopping in your isocortex. I live here, deep within this soft tissue, messing with your neurons and sending strange messages through your cortical columns, in order to mess with your conscious and subconscious mind.

I also do kid's birthday parties.

Oh shut up mister funny man.
 
Murphy
#8
You must sever your ganglia.
 
gopher
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

Just clear your cache, and youtube will forget what you watched before......



Done that and then I get "recommended" videos for a myriad of other topics. Often, you just can't win with those guys.
 
spaminator
#10
I hate the ads and the popups. not to mention that youtube seems not to work well.

the option, allow adobe to install updates, is gray and unclickable. is anyone else having the same problem?
 
DaSleeper
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

Done that and then I get "recommended" videos for a myriad of other topics. Often, you just can't win with those guys.

That you can't stop......but at least if you happen to click on one of megahurtz' 2 hour conspiracy video for thirty seconds, yo won't be swamped with more if you should go on youtube later on......
 
gopher
+1
#12
Cleared my history again on YT. Moments later, I got tons of unwanted recommended videos.
 
tay
+1
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

Cleared my history again on YT. Moments later, I got tons of unwanted recommended videos.

Yes, there seems to be no end to it.


If I clear it now and in 5 minutes click on, or get an automatic playing of a YouTube from a news site or whatever and close it because I would rather read the article then listen to it, then go onto YouTube in 2 hours, there are the suggestions related to that 'pop up' story.......
 

Similar Threads

1
Dear God,
by VanIsle | Nov 27th, 2011
2
Dear Mr. PM
by Curiosity | Nov 25th, 2006
5
Dear Mr. President. *US
by Ocean Breeze | Jul 15th, 2005
no new posts