mouse problems, are things really this easy, yup

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Yesterday morning I began to experience problems with my blue tooth mouse attached to my laptop. A warning popped up saying that Microsoft could not longer recognize the software. huh 8O

I of course checked for driver updates... nothing...Device is operating correctly. Turned device off, turned device on. Better.

then gone

googled and found many helpful ideas... many others had experienced this same problem...some of the help explanations were very complex.

others quite simple...remove battery from computer was the final conclusion

turned it on this morning and voila...all was well

for at least 20 minutes and then the struggle began, on, off, reboot computer

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarg...

told my guy.... he is useless at installing on the computer but quite adept at researching what to buy and why and what is the best value...

Are you kidding me? Stop aggravating yourself...buy a new mouse...8O

oh

I guess I've had the old one for so long, but I am so cheap I think everything is new...even after years...lol

it worked and for $25.00 it's all so simple..there is nothing to even install....wow, remember the day when installing something took effort?

I got a new MP3 player plugged it into my computer and it even found all the songs on my computer for me....I did very little but click a few times.

I am liking this easy breezy need to know nothing.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
I'm sorry you had to buy a new mouse. :( I'm glad the problem was resolved. :) did you try plugging the mouse into other ports, other devices?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I'm sorry you had to buy a new mouse. :( I'm glad the problem was resolved. :) did you try plugging the mouse into other ports, other devices?
It was a blue tooth mouse - wireless. Like all computer stuff, it is meant to fail sooner or later. I have $2 mouse I got from Hong Kong off eBay. Had it for years. Works great. The next one off the line was probably a lemon. It is always a crap shoot, even with brand name stuff, especially Microsoft.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Mehhhhhhhhhh; mice ! Easy come, easy go.

There's millions , even billions, of mice. Too many. Very expendable. Just like people.

Glad the problem was so easily solved.

I got my gal a big fat mouse, (pink), on clearance from Wallyworld, for her laptop.

............for $5.00..........really...........five bucks..........Talk about us being the problem of starvation in Asia............

go figure.

The good news is that if your old mouse was recycled, someone in India will take it apart, and it will find new life as something.

We will someday experience Karma for our wasteful lives, and the mice will eventually win.

Fack !!! We don't make the rules............Just play in the game.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
yep, thanks spam luckily for me the port was not the problem, I just think everything should last forever :D

It was a blue tooth mouse - wireless. Like all computer stuff, it is meant to fail sooner or later. I have $2 mouse I got from Hong Kong off eBay. Had it for years. Works great. The next one off the line was probably a lemon. It is always a crap shoot, even with brand name stuff, especially Microsoft.
wow, you've been lucky with yours...I was irritated because I recycled my last perfectly good mouse when I got the new blue tooth...that'll teach me...
Mehhhhhhhhhh; mice ! Easy come, easy go.

There's millions , even billions, of mice. Too many. Very expendable. Just like people.

Glad the problem was so easily solved.

I got my gal a big fat mouse, (pink), on clearance from Wallyworld, for her laptop.

............for $5.00..........really...........five bucks..........Talk about us being the problem of starvation in Asia............

go figure.

The good news is that if your old mouse was recycled, someone in India will take it apart, and it will find new life as something.

We will someday experience Karma for our wasteful lives, and the mice will eventually win.

Fack !!! We don't make the rules............Just play in the game.
it's gone to mouse heaven... I bought this at Wallyword, it's a smaller store than the normal ones, so I didn't have much choice but pink would have been cool...this little guy is silver and black...my last one ran on two batteries this one runs on one...bonus!

it amazes me how cheap these things are now...like my computer for instance...my first one was worth a small fortune by the time I added the printer, and the scanner and the fax machine and then it out grew the RAM so upped my RAM more than once and soon there just wasn't enough RAM to run the new programs I was installing thus I had to buy a new computer.

In those days you had to fiddle and fart around with installations, meh now I just want to turn it on and have it work. And they do.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The computer mouse was invented by the Royal Navy Scientific Service in 1946.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
The computer mouse was invented by the Royal Navy Scientific Service in 1946.
hm, thanks...

also want to do a write up over in the other thread on your movie experience...I am curious...

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
is Bluetooth a mechanical device like a palm pilot or blackberry? what is the difference between eg. Bluetooth mice and speakers, and non Bluetooth mice and speakers?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
is Bluetooth a mechanical device like a palm pilot or blackberry? what is the difference between eg. Bluetooth mice and speakers, and non Bluetooth mice and speakers?
Bluetooth is just a wireless device built into your computer that allows you to connect wireless devices like keyboards, printers, mice. Most of your tablets have it.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

"Bluetooth" is the generic term for devices which communicate by low-power radio signals in the 2.4 GHz band. Wireless, in other words.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Sorry about a small change in topic, but my Hotmail/Outlook has not been working since morning, anybody else experiencing a similar problem with Outlook?

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Bluetooth is just a wireless device built into your computer that allows you to connect wireless devices like keyboards, printers, mice. Most of your tablets have it.

"Bluetooth" is the generic term for devices which communicate by low-power radio signals in the 2.4 GHz band. Wireless, in other words.

thanks. :) :cool:

Sorry about a small change in topic, but my Hotmail/Outlook has not been working since morning, anybody else experiencing a similar problem with Outlook?

seems to be working ok. :)

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I found that for outlook anyways, it will not open on my PC, if it is left open on another device such as my IPhone or IPod....dunno about Hotmail....haven't had a Hotmail account in years....GMail will open on multiple devices at the same time, and give you the IP and type of devices it is open on.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I wasn't aware you could still use Outlook for your Hotmail account. I think I used to use Outlook Express and a few years back was unable to use it for my Hotmail, had to use WindowsLive Mail on the desktop or something like that.

Anyway, I have a weird one, maybe someone could explain this. Came home today and went to pick up my iPad off the charger and I had a text message on it. I don't have a data plan on my iPad. The iPad is connected to my wifi but it doesn't have a phone number or anything like that associated with it, so how can it get text messages? It's never happened before so I don't understand why it happened today.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I wasn't aware you could still use Outlook for your Hotmail account. I think I used to use Outlook Express and a few years back was unable to use it for my Hotmail, had to use WindowsLive Mail on the desktop or something like that.

Anyway, I have a weird one, maybe someone could explain this. Came home today and went to pick up my iPad off the charger and I had a text message on it. I don't have a data plan on my iPad. The iPad is connected to my wifi but it doesn't have a phone number or anything like that associated with it, so how can it get text messages? It's never happened before so I don't understand why it happened today.
was it a Rogers text?

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Thanks for the suggestions, Outlook now seems to be working sporadically. I get a message that states, connection to the server failed..