Global Warming ‘Greatest Scam in History’


Locutus
+2
#1  Top Rated Post
If the founder of The Weather Channel spoke out strongly against the manmade global warming myth, might media members notice?
We're going to find out the answer to that question soon, for John Coleman wrote an article (external - login to view) published at ICECAP Wednesday that should certainly garner attention from press members -- assuming journalism hasn't been completely replaced by propagandist activism, that is.

It is the greatest scam in history. I am amazed, appalled and highly offended by it. Global Warming; It is a SCAM. Some dastardly scientists with environmental and political motives manipulated long term scientific data to create in [sic] allusion of rapid global warming. Other scientists of the same environmental whacko type jumped into the circle to support and broaden the "research" to further enhance the totally slanted, bogus global warming claims. Their friends in government steered huge research grants their way to keep the movement going. Soon they claimed to be a consensus.

media.newsbusters.org/stories...t-scam-history (external - login to view)
 
RomSpaceKnight
#2
Wether global warming is man made thing or not should not be the issues. Global warming is happening. The question should be "What are we going to do about it". Shall we just drive around in our SUV's waiting for the end of our civilization or should we put all this human intelligence to use and try to reverse or modify it's effects. It's not like we can just up and move as a species. At least not yet anyway.
 
gopher
#3
I'm still not convinced one way or the other as to whether global warming is man made or not. But to say that the theory is the ''biggest scam in history'' is a complete farce!

A bigger scam than Bush's claims about WMD and the subsequent death of one million people???

What utter horsesh1t!!!
 
Tonington
#4
A TV weatherman =/= climatologist. I guess the right-wing bloggers have found their conspiracy, tinfoil abounds in all corners of the blogosphere! The tinfoil will reflect the heat back to space!
 
Cobalt_Kid
#5
Guess we know who Locutus works for.

One more time:

Quote:

Who is keeping the debate of global warming alive?

Quote:


The documentary shows how fossil fuel corporations have kept the global warming debate alive long after most scientists believed that global warming was real and had potentially catastrophic consequences. It shows that companies such as Exxon Mobil are working with top public relations firms and using many of the same tactics and personnel as those employed by Phillip Morris and RJ Reynolds to dispute the cigarette-cancer link in the 1990s. Exxon Mobil sought out those willing to question the science behind climate change, providing funding for some of them, their organizations and their studies.

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/denialmachine/index.html

The petrochemical industry is the equivalent of a 4 pack a day habit for the planet.

Like Big Tobacco, Big Oil is doing everything in its power to keep the oil and obscene profits flowing for as long as possible no matter the consequences to the public or the planet. They're using the same tactics and even some of the same sharlatans as Big Tobacco to do it.
 
Niflmir
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

If the founder of The Weather Channel spoke out strongly against the manmade global warming myth, might media members notice?

Unfortunately for the people who are interested in earnest discourse, the media would notice something like this. Tiny bit of celebrity related to the weather and bam, instant spokesperson for people who believe that appeal to authority is the be all and end all of a discussion. Anytime the lead in is a hyperbolic emphasis of credentials, one should be more critical, not more accepting.
 
EagleSmack
#7
It always was a scam. It was a way to force the oil companies to do what the liberal whackos wanted. To squeeze money out of them and force them to pay carbon credits en masse. Gore is one of the biggest offenders of this and he parades around the world telling everyone to be carbon neautral buy buying credits like he does.

But does he buy carbon credits? Let's see. Gore's purchases of carbon credits are actually purchases of stock in a company which he is a huge stockholder in.

What does this company do? Well they sell carbon credits! That means they go around trying to shake people down through guilt and the notion that by making themselves carbon neutral they are saving the planet. This company collects the money, sends the poor sap a certificate good for a year of unlimited energy use.

Where does the collected money go? Whereever the company wants. Companies that collect money for carbon credits are at this time non-regulated. That means they can collect millions, give a small portion of it to some wind farm and keep the rest for themselves. It is a beautiful way to get lots of money from good intentioned people.
 
Cobalt_Kid
#8
Oil is almost $100 a barrel now, I want to know where that money is going. A few individuals are getting extremely wealthy as global warming is causing serious problems around the planet.

Some effects of global Warming:

More frequent extreme weather- Droughts, flooding, tornados, hurricanes etc...
Disappearing glaciers worldwide
Melting sea ice at both poles
Greenlands Icesheet melting
Tropical diseases spreading
Ocean Warming with coral bleaching and disintegration.

CO2 levels are up by 35% in the last 200 years and methane levels are up by 145%. It's mostly those who are determined to protect the fossil fuels industry and motivated by greed who are denying Global Warming.

The fact that Gore and others are able to do anything against the most powerful and wealthy lobby in the world today shows their commitment to deal with this most serious of issues.
 
Tonington
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by Cobalt_KidView Post

Some effects of global Warming:

More frequent extreme weather- Droughts, flooding, tornados, hurricanes etc...
Disappearing glaciers worldwide
Melting sea ice at both poles
Greenlands Icesheet melting
Tropical diseases spreading
Ocean Warming with coral bleaching and disintegration.

CO2 levels are up by 35% in the last 200 years and methane levels are up by 145%. It's mostly those who are determined to protect the fossil fuels industry and motivated by greed who are denying Global Warming.

The fact that Gore and others are able to do anything against the most powerful and wealthy lobby in the world today shows their commitment to deal with this most serious of issues.

On the extreme weather events, droughts and floods are projected to increase. As far as tornadoes and hurricanes, there really is no conclusive evidence that global warming increases the frequency of these events. While a warming ocean gives more fuel for storms, warming land masses as well as warming water have shifted the wind currents, which can have a disruptive effect on cyclone formation.

Something often missed in all the rhetoric is the disconnect that exists between historical climate change and the current changing dynamics. It's not at all arguable that in the past, temperature increases preceded increasing greenhouse gas concentrations. That 700 year delay is solid in the past. That is a strong indicator of the positive feedbacks that exist. However, that historical trend doesn't fit the current anomaly. The temperature changes of the past 1000 years have not yielded what one would expect to see evidenced in the greenhouse gas concentrations. The concentration continues to rise steadily, despite the oscillations of the past.

It is plainly obvious that our increasing emissions of greenhouse gases are not caused by temperature. The spikes that precede a rise in greenhouse gases in the past show how quickly the climate can destabilize once the gases begin their rise. In our case we are adding fuel before the fire starts.
 
#juan
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

It always was a scam. It was a way to force the oil companies to do what the liberal whackos wanted. To squeeze money out of them and force them to pay carbon credits en masse. Gore is one of the biggest offenders of this and he parades around the world telling everyone to be carbon neautral buy buying credits like he does.

But does he buy carbon credits? Let's see. Gore's purchases of carbon credits are actually purchases of stock in a company which he is a huge stockholder in.

What does this company do? Well they sell carbon credits! That means they go around trying to shake people down through guilt and the notion that by making themselves carbon neutral they are saving the planet. This company collects the money, sends the poor sap a certificate good for a year of unlimited energy use.

Where does the collected money go? Whereever the company wants. Companies that collect money for carbon credits are at this time non-regulated. That means they can collect millions, give a small portion of it to some wind farm and keep the rest for themselves. It is a beautiful way to get lots of money from good intentioned people.

This is absolute rubbish! No evidence, complete ignorance of the real issues, and out and out lies. We have no trouble convincing those in Alaska, or the Canadian Arctic that Global warming is real, because it is real and that is where the GW effects are most dramatically seen and felt.

Anyone who can support calling global warming a scam is either illiterate or stupid.
 
Locutus
#11
Just for the kid's benefit: simply posting an article or a link does not necessarily make the OP an advocate or detractor of said post. Give it a rest. It's news lad.
 
Walter
#12
November 8, 2007

Snow and Ice Surprises (external - login to view)

Filed under: Climate Changes (external - login to view), Glaciers/Sea Ice (external - login to view)
A recent headline carried around the world certainly caught our eye as it proclaimed “Mont Blanc Growing Due to Global Warming.” When we first saw the piece, we fully expected to read about a process called isostatic rebound. If you are rusty in basic earth science principles, isostatic rebound occurs when weight is reduced from the earth’s crust (as is the case when a substantial amount of ice disappears from a region), the crust rebounds upward, and the land surface increases its elevation with respect to sea level. Oppositely, when ice accumulates over a region (e.g., Greenland, Antarctica), the crust is depressed, sometimes well below sea level. So when we first saw the piece about Mont Blanc, the highest peak in the Alps, we assumed the article would be about how melting of the mountain glaciers has now led to crustal rebounding and a higher summit. However, we were in for a huge surprise.

Rest of article: www.worldclimatereport.com/in...ice-surprises/ (external - login to view)
 
Tonington
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

Just for the kid's benefit: simply posting an article or a link does not necessarily make the OP an advocate or detractor of said post. Give it a rest. It's news lad.

You're not entrenched in the orthodoxy yet? Our Kool-aid tastes better
 
EagleSmack
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

This is absolute rubbish! No evidence, complete ignorance of the real issues, and out and out lies. We have no trouble convincing those in Alaska, or the Canadian Arctic that Global warming is real, because it is real and that is where the GW effects are most dramatically seen and felt.

Anyone who can support calling global warming a scam is either illiterate or stupid.

I find it amusing that the guy that says Canadian homeless are homeless by choice is calling others stupid and illiterate.

The current warming trend is just that...a trend. It is the natural cycle of the planet. Things will warm and things will cool. This is just a Green squeeze play. That is all.

Why do they want to drill in the Artic and Alaska for fossil fuels? Because at one point the Artic and Alaska was covered by temperate forests. That tells me temps were a wee bit warm!
 
Zzarchov
#15
Question:

Why does it matter if its man-made or not.

Lets look:

Option 1.) Its not man made
Outcome: Civilization crumbles, Billions die, potentially everyone if a nuclear war breaks out over scant remaining rescources and someone decides they would rather everyone die than just them.

Option 2.) It is man made
Outcome: We have the option to try and reverse it, failing that..see outcome 1.


So really, even if it is natural, it makes no sense not to proceed as if its man made. We may as well try and stop it rather than just sit back and wait to die (even if its natural and thus futile)
 
EagleSmack
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

This is absolute rubbish! No evidence, complete ignorance of the real issues, and out and out lies. We have no trouble convincing those in Alaska, or the Canadian Arctic that Global warming is real, because it is real and that is where the GW effects are most dramatically seen and felt.

Anyone who can support calling global warming a scam is either illiterate or stupid.

No evidence? Are you sure?

www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=54528 (external - login to view)
 
Zzarchov
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

I find it amusing that the guy that says Canadian homeless are homeless by choice is calling others stupid and illiterate.

The current warming trend is just that...a trend. It is the natural cycle of the planet. Things will warm and things will cool. This is just a Green squeeze play. That is all.

Why do they want to drill in the Artic and Alaska for fossil fuels? Because at one point the Artic and Alaska was covered by temperate forests. That tells me temps were a wee bit warm!


...where do you get that notion?

You know the continents drift right? It takes tens millions of years for continents to move and for oil to form.



But, lets assume you were right....

What does that matter if it was warm? Natural or not, if it gets that warm again we all die. A volcano is natural, that doesn't mean it going off under New York city is fine and dandy.

If the arctic became temperate than all our farmland would be arid waste. Do you see any farms being built up north to make up the shortfall? I don't. Thats known as a famine.

If the world were that warm, the coastal cities would be under water, do you see spare highrises being built inland and upnorth to deal with the overflow? I don't.

Man made, artifical..irrelevant..all that matters is we need to either stop it, or prepare for it.
 
EagleSmack
#18
Rubbish you say? No proof?

Here is more!

canadafreepress.com/2007/cover031307.htm (external - login to view)
 
EagleSmack
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by ZzarchovView Post

Question:

Why does it matter if its man-made or not.

Lets look:

Option 1.) Its not man made
Outcome: Civilization crumbles, Billions die, potentially everyone if a nuclear war breaks out over scant remaining rescources and someone decides they would rather everyone die than just them.

Option 2.) It is man made
Outcome: We have the option to try and reverse it, failing that..see outcome 1.


So really, even if it is natural, it makes no sense not to proceed as if its man made. We may as well try and stop it rather than just sit back and wait to die (even if its natural and thus futile)

Hey I saw that video as well.
 
Cobalt_Kid
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

Just for the kid's benefit: simply posting an article or a link does not necessarily make the OP an advocate or detractor of said post. Give it a rest. It's news lad.

I'm just pointing out the motivation of people who take the stand you are. It's pure greed.
 
EagleSmack
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

Just for the kid's benefit: simply posting an article or a link does not necessarily make the OP an advocate or detractor of said post. Give it a rest. It's news lad.

Don't you understand? Any... and I mean ANY decension and opposition to the GW crowd must be met with swift condemnation and ridicule... and stats on swimming polar bears.
 
Tonington
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Don't you understand? Any... and I mean ANY decension and opposition to the GW crowd must be met with swift condemnation and ridicule... and stats on swimming polar bears.

It's punch and counter punch man.

What is there to expect when the language calls people gullible for being by duped by a scam, call them whacko, and accuse them of manipulation (irony)? They strike back. It's a political monster.
 
#juan
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

I find it amusing that the guy that says Canadian homeless are homeless by choice is calling others stupid and illiterate.

This is what I wrote:
I'm sure the problem here is not nearly as severe in Canada as it is in the U.S.. My reasoning is simply that we don't have nearly the same percentage of soldiers serving in the various trouble spots in the world. I don't say we do not have a problem with homeless people because we do, but I would say that our soldiers don't as a general rule, end up homeless.
I have real trouble understanding homeless people in Canada because there are so many safety nets to keep people from that condition, that I suspect that a lot of the homeless in Canada are there by choice. People who have a real problem have my support and sympathy. I would gladly support increased taxes to solve this problem in a reasonable manner.

When I was working, I worked on several projects that involved hiring people off the street. What I found amazing was the number of "homeless" people who didn't want jobs, didn't want low income housing, or any part of what was being offered. Do you want to speculate?
 
#juan
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Rubbish you say? No proof?

Here is more!

canadafreepress.com/2007/cover031307.htm (external - login to view)

That is not proof and it's still rubbish.!!
 
Cobalt_Kid
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Don't you understand? Any... and I mean ANY decension and opposition to the GW crowd must be met with swift condemnation and ridicule... and stats on swimming polar bears.

Science is all about questioning. The majority of scientists are behind human caused climate change, but the opposing view held by a minority of scientists is getting equal time in the media due to the disinformation campaign by the fossil fuel lobby. So the real scam is being commited by Exxon Mobil and other special interests.

Calling Global Warming a scam is fringe science at best, there is clear evidence from around the world that human driven warming is occuring and is having serious consequences already. Don't complain when you aren't able to defend your position because the evidence doesn't support your claims.
Last edited by Cobalt_Kid; Nov 9th, 2007 at 03:40 PM..
 
Walter
#26
Warming to debate the art of hypocrisy

By Andrew Bolt
November 09, 2007 12:00am
Article from: </IMG>
Font size: + (external - login to view) - (external - login to view)
Send this article: Print (external - login to view) Email (external - login to view)

THE telling thing about the global warming faith is that it's preached almost entirely by hypocrites. As you're about to see in tropical technicolour next month.

You see, more often than not a global warming prophet is a frequent flyer who's just stepped out of business class to demand you cut the very gases he's just blasted out the back of his jet.

www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...007146,00.html (external - login to view)#
 
Cobalt_Kid
#27
It's not faith, it's science and denying the facts doesn't make them go away.
 
Tonington
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by Cobalt_KidView Post

The majority of scientists are behind human caused climate change, but the opposing view held by a minority of scientists is getting equal time in the media due to the disinformation campaign by the fossil fuel lobby.

Don't feed the conspiracists with language like that. That language is hedging. Say that the current working theory has working science, and those opposing it are still looking for that silver bullet, without luck.
 
Cobalt_Kid
#29
I'm not playing with words like them, that's the real situation. The Fossil Fuel lobby is also fueling the Global Warming debate to protect profits just like Big Tobacco did.

The Global Warming deniers have been around almost as long as those trying to do something about the issue.

Quote:

"They patterned what they did after the tobacco industry," says former senator Tim Worth, quoted early in the article. The key tactic? Creating doubt in the minds of both policymakers and the public by disputing the science behind global warming. As soon as then-senator Al Gore brought global warming to Washington’s attention in 1988, groups with benign names such as the Global Climate Coalition and the Information Council on the Environment, which were actually lobbyist groups from the petroleum, steel, auto, and utilities companies, began an all-out war to contradict the overwhelming body of science that supported global warming.

kellibestoliver.greenoptions....rming-deniers/ (external - login to view)

It's a very well funded campaign and has everything to do with protecting an industry that is causing the problem and nothing to do with real science.
Last edited by Cobalt_Kid; Nov 9th, 2007 at 04:01 PM..
 
EagleSmack
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

That is not proof and it's still rubbish.!!

I am laughing... How is that rubbish?

Is that not Gores company? Is that not how he offsets his grotesque energy use? Does that company not sell carbon credits? Is the Carbon Credit industry regulated?

Perfect example of how the TRUTH HURTS.
 
no new posts