Don't let climate alarmists muzzle your skepticism

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Two things happened in Alberta politics this week that demonstrate just how zealous “green” politicians everywhere are about the theory that human activities are causing dangerous climate change.

Under pressure from voters over the $3-billion-a-year carbon tax that it brought in on Jan. 1, Alberta’s NDP government lashed back.

First, on Tuesday the NDP caucus officially demanded that Wildrose Leader Brian Jean remove MLA Don MacIntyre from his post as opposition critic for renewable energy and electricity.

Why? Had MacIntyre been pilfering funds from taxpayers?

Had he been harassing interns? Making racist statements?

No. MacIntyre’s sin was expressing doubts about the manmade climate change theory.

In short, the NDP wanted MacIntyre removed for exercising his right to free expression.

more

Don't let climate alarmists muzzle your skepticism | Gunter | Columnists | Opini

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
What, questioning known liars who can't do math?
wouldn't that threaten democracy?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
yeah, maybe god is running the heating/AC around here
say, with all that money we been sending them...have we paid the bill lately?

I wanna see a reciept

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
There are trillions at stake and they will do whatever they must to keep the gravy train running.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
The sad thing, no one has been able to demonstrably prove that more taxes will reduce emissions by a worthwhile amount. This is just more leftard policy based on "a hope and a prayer" rather than any hard evidence. It also makes no sense to give the largest emitters a free pass like they have in Ontario while the individual gets clobbered some more at the gas station, grocery store, appliances store, clothing store and on their hydro bills.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Since it is a tax on the 40% of Albertans that make over $100,000/yr I have dropped most of my objections. The fact it is based on faulty science seems to have been used by JT to tax the very people it was meant to enrich. (where the rich got credits and the poor couldn't afford to pay a tax so they did without the luxuries only the rich could afford. $200/yr for somebody making less the $50k is something they can 'feel'. That money to the rich is next to nothing.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
The sad thing, no one has been able to demonstrably prove that more taxes will reduce emissions by a worthwhile amount. This is just more leftard policy based on "a hope and a prayer" rather than any hard evidence. It also makes no sense to give the largest emitters a free pass like they have in Ontario while the individual gets clobbered some more at the gas station, grocery store, appliances store, clothing store and on their hydro bills.

I just watched an interview with Ontario Finance minister DaSouza an hour ago and he swears that its LAW in Ontario for the carbon tax revenues in Ontario (they call it something different but it is still a carbon tax) to be applied to green energy.Then the dots connected. Ontario has suddenly lowered the electricity rates because, by the Premier's own admission, the rate increases were an unpopular "mistake".
So, how do they make up the revenue shortfall? CARBON TAX! They can apply the revenue directly to electricity $$ and still maintain the "Green Energy" myth. WIN! ... and the Liberals win back their popularity, all the while SAVING THE PLANET at the same time! WYNNE! WYNNE!

Too cynical by a half and it will bite them in the bum, eventually.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

It was never about saving the environment or even controlling the climate. It's about $$$.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Two things happened in Alberta politics this week that demonstrate just how zealous “green” politicians everywhere are about the theory that human activities are causing dangerous climate change.

Under pressure from voters over the $3-billion-a-year carbon tax that it brought in on Jan. 1, Alberta’s NDP government lashed back.

First, on Tuesday the NDP caucus officially demanded that Wildrose Leader Brian Jean remove MLA Don MacIntyre from his post as opposition critic for renewable energy and electricity.

Why? Had MacIntyre been pilfering funds from taxpayers?

Had he been harassing interns? Making racist statements?

No. MacIntyre’s sin was expressing doubts about the manmade climate change theory.

In short, the NDP wanted MacIntyre removed for exercising his right to free expression.

more

Don't let climate alarmists muzzle your skepticism | Gunter | Columnists | Opini

It's an important topic. Climate, as you know by now changes, your alarm at the revelation will do sweetfukall to avert modify remeadiate, alter, effect in any signifigant celestial way. We are being asked to adjust the heavenly bodies. While you're here on my doorstep soliciting for climate adjustment donations let me just take a minute or two to beat you to a pulp.

The benefits of CO2 are measurable in signifigantly increaseed floral regeneration. We are being asked to starve the forests.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
It's getting to the point where heads will have to be crushed. The nutty weak milk sucking underclass will have to be jetisoned in some important war. None of them can start a fukkin chain saw. The most useless generation ever generated. A gigantic waste of sperm.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
It's getting to the point where heads will have to be crushed. The nutty weak milk sucking underclass will have to be jetisoned in some important war. None of them can start a fukkin chain saw. The most useless generation ever generated. A gigantic waste of sperm.
I see no honor in splitting logs in sub zero temps get central heat and air sap fukk the chainsaw.