The Snows Of Settled Science

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

WUWT;
Global average temperatures over land have plummeted by more than 1C since the middle of this year - their biggest and steepest fall on record. According to satellite data, the late 2016 temperatures are returning to the levels they were at after the 1998 El Nino.

The news comes amid mounting evidence that the recent run of world record high temperatures is about to end. The fall, revealed by Nasa satellite measurements of the lower atmosphere, has been caused by the end of El Nino - the warming of surface waters in a vast area of the Pacific west of Central America.

Related.

By Kate on November 28, 2016 4:05 PM | 7 Comments

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Nonsence, the snow storm yesterday was noticebly warmer than usual. And the next on tomorrow will be even more CO2 concieved. This winters heavy repeated expensive and deadly ice storms will bolster the lunatics insane beliefs in global warming.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
but it was really really hot that one day back in the summer. it was really warming.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
How are the believers going to spin all this cold rain onto globull warming? One would expect hot and dry not cold and wet.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
nice le comments from sda:

>The crimatologists need to adjust their adjustometer.

>I get the feeling that because they pushed the narrative of man-made global warming so hard its not possible or plausible to change it to man-made global cooling now.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
How long have we been keeping serious records of the planet and the weather? 150 years maybe? As good as science is, they still haven't learned the basics of deciphering the planet. Drilling into Arctic ice or extracting cores from the earth is helpful, but scientists are in the learning curve as to what all this 'evidence' means. And let's face it, cores or old ice aren't really evidence, unless we understand what it is that we're looking at.

I've posted this somewhere here before, but anyway,

Our Wacky Weather People
copyright 2015 - murphy

These days, everyone under 50 figures that computers and technology are the answer to everything. There’s no doubt that some of life’s burdens have been lightened because of micro-miniature and solid state, but you can't - and shouldn't - rely on computer chips or an iPhone for accurate weather forecasts - at least, not yet. There are less technical things that micro-chips haven't managed to get a handle on. Farmers can attest to that.

Take the weather for example.

We have weathermen, or climatologists, or meteorologists or whatever they're calling themselves these days. They've been to the finest schools, many receive healthy paycheques and most use very expensive, complex technology to try and figure out the weather. But ask a farmer if he relies on all that pricey equipment. Most will say no, at least, not for the long term. In 2015, predicting the weather is still a three day gamble at best. Leave the long term forecasting to shamans. They're better at it.

When you're wrong so often, you'd think anonymity would be a comfort, but that ain't necessarily so. There are some, like senior Environment Canada climatologist David Phillips, that are known to Canadians, and seemingly, like to be in the public eye. I've often wondered how he deals with sayin' stuff in the media that turns out to be hogwash later on. I'm talkin' about statements like,

"This winter is going to be milder (or colder) than last year."

And winter comes and goes and it wasn't milder (or colder) than last year. Sayin' stuff like that on camera has got to be an embarrassment sometimes.

Or maybe it's us. Maybe we've become so jaded that we ignore stuff like that, knowing it's likely BS, but not expecting what is wrong will be righted. I wonder, do more people accept improper billing statements, companies that do not honour product warranties, or government promises these days?

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help."

The old expression that only the weatherman can be so consistently wrong and keep his job has never been truer than now. That's because they are trying to predict an entire season or year's worth of weather, when they cannot manage to accurately predict how things will be on the weekend!

In every other human endeavour, consistently making mistakes and being wrong lands you on the unemployment line. Not so in the weather game. The only way they lose their job it seems, is by dying.

Nature's way of teaching all the earth's creatures to survive is, 'Learn from your mistakes and become better'. This doesn't seem to be the way with the weather people though. Sadder still, their management lets it continue. They feed the mediocrity.

Whether you want to call it the biosphere, Mother Nature, or simply, the planet, climatologists haven't figured out how to foretell the weather. That's because technology does not control things, the earth does. As a group, I think climo-meteo-weatherologists are too embarrassed to accept that they cannot see into the future.

I'm alright with them trying to get better, but it's probably in everyone's interest for the soothsayers at Environment Canada or the scientific community to remain cloistered until they can accurately nail down the mystery that is the weather. Don't let your people speak publicly about stuff that still baffles them. Stick to what you know. Stick with predicting what's gonna happen three days into the future, and be done with it. Accept your limitations. You can keep working on deciphering Mother Nature and the long term weather in private.

I guess what I trying to say is, if you don't know, shut the hell up.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Why don't ye move down to Florida fukk that cold shyt.

Miami Finds Itself Ankle-Deep in Climate Change Debate

Scenes of street flooding, like this one on Alton Road in Miami Beach in November, are becoming increasingly common. Credit Angel Valentin for The New York Times

MIAMI BEACH — The sunny-day flooding was happening again. During high tide one recent afternoon, Eliseo Toussaint looked out the window of his Alton Road laundromat and watched bottle-green saltwater seep from the gutters, fill the street and block the entrance to his front door.

“This never used to happen,” Mr. Toussaint said. “I’ve owned this place eight years, and now it’s all the time.”

Down the block at an electronics store it is even worse. Jankel Aleman, a salesman, keeps plastic bags and rubber bands handy to wrap around his feet when he trudges from his car to the store through ever-rising waters.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/08/u...-eye-of-the-storm-on-climate-change.html?_r=0

Hey DB................maybe you should take Lud up on that.............you'd get to see climate change in action.........then you could exchange notes with DiCaprio ...........oh the thrill

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Miami Finds Itself Ankle-Deep in Climate Change Debate

Scenes of street flooding, like this one on Alton Road in Miami Beach in November, are becoming increasingly common. Credit Angel Valentin for The New York Times

MIAMI BEACH — The sunny-day flooding was happening again. During high tide one recent afternoon, Eliseo Toussaint looked out the window of his Alton Road laundromat and watched bottle-green saltwater seep from the gutters, fill the street and block the entrance to his front door.

“This never used to happen,” Mr. Toussaint said. “I’ve owned this place eight years, and now it’s all the time.”

Down the block at an electronics store it is even worse. Jankel Aleman, a salesman, keeps plastic bags and rubber bands handy to wrap around his feet when he trudges from his car to the store through ever-rising waters.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/08/u...-eye-of-the-storm-on-climate-change.html?_r=0

Hey DB................maybe you should take Lud up on that.............you'd get to see climate change in action.........then you could exchange notes with DiCaprio ...........oh the thrill

I've spent the last three or four days plowing global warming out of the driveway and yard and the forecast is for more tonight and tommorow. There is snow in Saudi Arabia, the country is covered in snowmen right this minute something none of them have any experiance with, and Austrailia a few days before summer experianced snow. The carbon tax must address the snow removal first before warming is addressed. The scam of the century is falling apart, but